Do we even want to go to the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jrg:
is wrong with people?!

YES WE WANT TO GO TO THE PLAYOFFS!!

This. Um, kind of obvious.
Do bears s**t in the woods?
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Are you f**king serious? I don't know about you guys but I'm only 19 years old!! My fondest memories of the 49ers are when we beat the Giants in the playoffs with Garcia and Owens. WE'VE SUCKED SINCE THEN! Idc what it takes....LETS GET TO THE f**kING PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here bro. Let's win this game
Yes, silly rabbit.
It took 3 "elite" teams ALL 60 minutes to put us away AFTER we basically GIFT WRAPPED the game for them.

The Superbowl Champion Saints had 10 days to get ready for us and they were at full strength (Bush and Thomas were healthy) and we had 5 Turnovers!!! 2 inside their 30 yard line, 1 inside their 5 yard line, a safety and a muffed punt.............. lost by 3 on a last second FG

IN ATL, the best team in the NFC and we led in that game for 59 minutes and 57 seconds and had 2 offensive turnovers inside their territory and Nate's fumble at their 7 YARD LINE.... lost by 2 on a last second FG

PHI came to town and although it took some embarrassment on National TV to get a response out of Alex, He still responded with two quick strike TD's when we needed them. We had 5 Turnovers against that high powered offense but yet, they only scored 20 Points on us plus a defensive TD. Not to mention, our defense stepped the hell up when it mattered the most and got a stop and got the ball back for our offense with plenty of time on the clock only to fall short at the end... lost by 3 on a last drive INT in their territory.

We played them down to the wire when our team was in disarray and practically handed them the game and they struggled to put us away.

YES we want to get to the damn playoffs because who in the NFC is just going to walk into San Francisco in that 1st round and just slap us around? I don't see it happening and IF we make it, it will mean we caught fire at the end of the year and anything can happen
[ Edited by Sims84 on Dec 16, 2010 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Sims84:
It took 3 "elite" teams ALL 60 minutes to put us away AFTER we basically GIFT WRAPPED the game for them.

The Superbowl Champion Saints had 10 days to get ready for us and they were at full strength (Bush and Thomas were healthy) and we had 5 Turnovers!!! 2 inside their 30 yard line, 1 inside their 5 yard line, a safety and a muffed punt.............. lost by 3 on a last second FG

IN ATL, the best team in the NFC and we led in that game for 59 minutes and 57 seconds and had 2 offensive turnovers inside their territory and Nate's fumble at their 7 YARD LINE.... lost by 2 on a last second FG

PHI came to town and although it took some embarrassment on National TV to get a response out of Alex, He still responded with two quick strike TD's when we needed them. We had 5 Turnovers against that high powered offense but yet, they only scored 20 Points on us plus a defensive TD. Not to mention, our defense stepped the hell up when it mattered the most and got a stop and got the ball back for our offense with plenty of time on the clock only to fall short at the end... lost by 3 on a last drive INT in their territory.

We played them down to the wire when our team was in disarray and practically handed them the game and they struggled to put us away.

YES we want to get to the damn playoffs because who in the NFC is just going to walk into San Francisco in that 1st round and just slap us around? I don't see it happening and IF we make it, it will mean we caught fire at the end of the year and anything can happen

Nice post, Agreed
Originally posted by BobS:
Yes, but I am afraid it will be tough to watch. Playing potential play-off opponents close in the regular season means nothing. We will get destroyed.

I really don't' care about this right now. We'll deal with that once it gets there. I just want to be able to say that we made the playoffs.

-9fA
YES, YES, YES!!!
If you really are a 9er fan, you would want them to go to the playoffs and even win the SuperBowl.

We deserve to be in it as much as the saints and falcons and eagles. We should have and could have beaten them.

If our 9ers win tonight. My prediction is a home playoff vs the Saints. Then an away game for the NFC division title against the falcons.

I'm having wishful thinking of course, but never hurts to wish.
  • Veteran
Yes and no, yes because if you are a fan, you want your team to win and go deep in the playoffs, no because, i really don't want Sing, this coaching staff and offensive philosophy back.
We have not been in the playoffs since 2002!!! Are ya'll crazy? Hell yes I want to go to the playoffs, I forgot what a meaningful playoff game felt like

Originally posted by 190836:
Yes and no, yes because if you are a fan, you want your team to win and go deep in the playoffs, no because, i really don't want Sing, this coaching staff and offensive philosophy back.

I agree with you but at the same time, IF the bolded happens, then obviously Sing, this coaching staff and offensive philosophy did enough to go DEEP into the playoffs and I would want that again next year.
Originally posted by mannydawson:
I mean yeah, saying we won our division is cool and knowing that we have an extra week of meaningful football is nice, but we are going to have our a**es handed to us no matter who we play. We don't beat teams with winning records and damn sure won't beat teams with impressive winning records.

Isn't getting to the playoffs the point? Have you ever played sports yourself?? Highly doubt it.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Stupid question! of course we want the playoffs! These youn guys need more experience and the excitement of the playoffs is the best!
i would rather be the worst team in the history of the playoffs than be a team so bad it couldn't even win the worst division in the history of sports.

so, yes. i want us to make the playoffs.
Yes...Why would you ask?
Share 49ersWebzone