LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Spikes

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Spikes

13 nfl seasons, and he's still got game... With 102 tackles, and 3 int's on the season, his play hasn't dropped off. I know, bowman is waiting in the wings, but during the few snaps he got i shall a decline in the over all defense. I think resigning spikes to another 2 years. Why bowman learns behind what is not even a arguable conversation of the 2 best ILB in the game...
O Rly
2 years sounds good. Dude is still the 2nd best LB on the team. Bowman has some learning to do.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Spike's neck is bigger then some peoples waist.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I thought we just had a sign Spikes to 2 years thread?
bowman's got nothing besides big biceps....resign tko
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:

we did and it was my thread!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by Chief:

we did and it was my thread!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=149391&highlight=takeo
buffneck
this thread is a wrap

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Why bowman learns behind what is not even a arguable conversation of the 2 best ILB in the game...
Bart Scott and David Harris? James Farrior and Lawrence Timmons are better. Lets not get silly with the hyperbole.
Spikes is putting up stats b/c opposing offenses don't give a crap about him. They are keying on Willis and put a free OL on him every single play.

Spikes is still effective for us but don't get fooled by his numbers. Whenever opposing teams run a set play they try to isolate the old man and take advantage of him with a RB split out wide.
Originally posted by susweel:
Spike's neck is bigger then some peoples waist.

+1
wheres the: let the man go so WE can get to the playoffs.

He is obviously a cure. Like the Giants with Randy Wynn. That guy has never been to the playoffs, they let him go and win the world series. the team he chose the St. Louis Cardinals didn't extend their playoff streak
Share 49ersWebzone