LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 424 users in the forums

One week removed from Johnnie Lynn

Shop Find 49ers gear online
its amazing the effect coaching changes can have!!! who woulda thought? granted our pass defense could have been much better (we allowed hasselbeck to complete 27 of 42 passes (64 %) for 282 yds and SEA had 16 1st downs passing) but it was very pleasing to see 4 INT's, 7 passes defended, a sack, FF, and a FR...i knew our DB's had some ball skills,...its just been a year since we've seen it until now
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It also helps when the other QB throws the balls to them.
Originally posted by susweel:

Reggie Smith and Goldson made pretty good reads on their pics. Clements and Takeos INT were jsut plain stupid decisions by hasselb***h
If I was a coach....I'd have an absolute disdain for fans...
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:

care to elaborate?...is it not our right to opine or reflect on all aspects 49ers?
[ Edited by daWest on Dec 14, 2010 at 4:16 PM ]
Originally posted by daWest:

care to elaborate?...is it not our right to opine or reflect on all aspects 49ers?

I think you are giving too much blame to a position coach.

I don't believe him leaving all of a sudden makes the DBs play better. Seattle was banged up and without their best receiver.
Coach had a plethura!
I'm pretty sure it had more to do with playing the Seahawks without their top 2 targets in the passing game.
I'm a little hesitant to jump to conclusions with this. Lets see it for a couple more games!

Originally posted by horsecore:
I think you are giving too much blame to a position coach.

I don't believe him leaving all of a sudden makes the DBs play better. Seattle was banged up and without their best receiver.

i dont mean to overstate the effect johnnie leaving had. and i'm not necessarily assigning him all of the blame, but it does go to show that coaching changes, subtle as they may be, can spark an urgency in players to the point where better performance ensues (4 INT's, 7 passes defended we really havent seen that in a while)
So who took his place, the ghost of Vince Lombardi? A bad team beat another bad team. What's amazing about that? You know what's amazing? An under .500 team can win their division. That's amaz..... wait...
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by susweel:

Reggie Smith and Goldson made pretty good reads on their pics. Clements and Takeos INT were jsut plain stupid decisions by hasselb***h

Clements throw was a throw up expecting the WR to get it at highest point, probably believing the DB wouldn't look in time, but Clements was looking pretty much as he threw it and WR didn't look till late. WR should've looked sooner.
lets wait and see how we fare against Rivers

It seems like the 49ers coaches already do with the way they torture us on Sundays, and when you here Da Singletary in post game press conferences.

[ Edited by djfullshred on Dec 14, 2010 at 4:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone