There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Take with a grain of salt............(Offseason Plans)

• FL9er
  • Veteran
From the official board, credit AndyLee4MVP:

Quote:

http://www.knbr.com/DesktopModules/Podcaster/podcast.aspx?moduleid=2366

I'll paraphrase what i've heard on this interview..

Kevin and Ralph were discussing the FO under Eddie D and how it worked. Some stories on the past, etc. Then at the 7:30 mark, he started saying that the GM, HC, people in the FO are all inexperienced.

At about the 8:30 mark, they were talking about the current FO structure. Kevin Lynch said if you walked into the building and asked who ran the 49ers, they would get about 6 different answers. They need someone to point to to say, this guy is the head of our football operations. If they don't succeed, its on the HC, but its also on whoever thats going to be.

At the 9 minute mark, Ralph asks "Would Jed be inclined to do that". At this point, Kevin Lynch starts to say (again paraphrasing..)..."I think Jed is really fed up. Jed really wants to win, he'll do anything to win. I think, this time around, they may change how they operate (in terms of the FO). Thats why you hear all the rumors about Gruden and Holmgren, want a guy who can bring in his own system, knows football, where you don't have to constantly start from scratch. At this point, they're ready to move forward with a proven guy".

At the 13 minute mark: "I think the 49ers, at this point, have seen what Singletary is and what he brings, and unless there is a miracle and they go to the NFC Championship game or win a playoff game, i think the 49ers will fire the entire coaching staff"

On what Sing is thinking about his job status: "I think thats completely out of his mind...he's immersed himself in these last games, he's put it out of his mind"

Also, Ted Robinson (the 49ers radio playcaller)

At about 16 minutes, Ralph asks Ted "what kind of scenario could you see in terms of cleaning house, getting a football guy, what do you see..

Ted responds: I really beleive that Jed will not be deceived by a short-term run, even if this ends up in the playoffs, i don't think that will deceive them in the long-term picture...there's too much at stake, Jed understands that he has to rebuild the franchise and the stadium. I just don't think this will influence what Jed thinks will be the best long-term decision.

This seems to echo what i've heard from other reporters on this issue.....

Damn.
Originally posted by FL9er:
From the official board, credit AndyLee4MVP:

Quote:

http://www.knbr.com/DesktopModules/Podcaster/podcast.aspx?moduleid=2366

I'll paraphrase what i've heard on this interview..

Kevin and Ralph were discussing the FO under Eddie D and how it worked. Some stories on the past, etc. Then at the 7:30 mark, he started saying that the GM, HC, people in the FO are all inexperienced.

At about the 8:30 mark, they were talking about the current FO structure. Kevin Lynch said if you walked into the building and asked who ran the 49ers, they would get about 6 different answers. They need someone to point to to say, this guy is the head of our football operations. If they don't succeed, its on the HC, but its also on whoever thats going to be.

At the 9 minute mark, Ralph asks "Would Jed be inclined to do that". At this point, Kevin Lynch starts to say (again paraphrasing..)..."I think Jed is really fed up. Jed really wants to win, he'll do anything to win. I think, this time around, they may change how they operate (in terms of the FO). Thats why you hear all the rumors about Gruden and Holmgren, want a guy who can bring in his own system, knows football, where you don't have to constantly start from scratch. At this point, they're ready to move forward with a proven guy".

At the 13 minute mark: "I think the 49ers, at this point, have seen what Singletary is and what he brings, and unless there is a miracle and they go to the NFC Championship game or win a playoff game, i think the 49ers will fire the entire coaching staff"

On what Sing is thinking about his job status: "I think thats completely out of his mind...he's immersed himself in these last games, he's put it out of his mind"

Also, Ted Robinson (the 49ers radio playcaller)

At about 16 minutes, Ralph asks Ted "what kind of scenario could you see in terms of cleaning house, getting a football guy, what do you see..

Ted responds: I really beleive that Jed will not be deceived by a short-term run, even if this ends up in the playoffs, i don't think that will deceive them in the long-term picture...there's too much at stake, Jed understands that he has to rebuild the franchise and the stadium. I just don't think this will influence what Jed thinks will be the best long-term decision.

This seems to echo what i've heard from other reporters on this issue.....

Damn.

Damn?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Damn?

That's the "good" kind of damn. [Assuming this is all true; but it'll be quickly shot down by SanDiego49er, amir_80, lamontb, nflguy49, danimal, 198036, etc.]
If this comes to be, then GOOD FOR JED! ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!

I really hope this is true... Get rid of HC,his staff,and his QB.. Let start build this team into a real winner..
I can dig that
This offseason will be one of the most critical and most cruicial off season for the 49ers organization under Jed.

The end of a John York/Mike Nolan era.
If we go 8-8 and get a playoff win, Jed would be a fool to blow up the coaching staff, rather than allow them to make minor adjustments. It'd be the Mooch debacle all over again.
did Jeds balls finally drop or something??
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
If we go 8-8 and get a playoff win, Jed would be a fool to blow up the coaching staff, rather than allow them to make minor adjustments. It'd be the Mooch debacle all over again.

although the mooch fiasco was wrong, he did have winning seasons prior to getting axed. singletary? nada.

clean house even if we win 1 playoff game (which i doubt even happens). you only keep wo the new HC wants. MAYBE MJ.

to quote gary oldman in the "professional": EVVVVVVVERYBODY!
[ Edited by 76Razor on Dec 14, 2010 at 10:58 AM ]
Singletary has absolutely NOTHING to do with any success this team has had this season. He was forced to fire Raye. He was forced to start Troy Smith. He's been forced to implement Dixon and Westbrook. None of it was in his own free will.
I honestly believe we gotta make the NFC championship game for Sing to even have a chance to save his job. I like Sing as a person and who knows maybe he develops into a real head coach some day. I like the idea of the hard a** coach. However we gotta get some stability on this team. We gotta have some real direction and a real coach.
"At the 13 minute mark: "I think the 49ers, at this point, have seen what Singletary is and what he brings, and unless there is a miracle and they go to the NFC Championship game or win a playoff game, i think the 49ers will fire the entire coaching staff"

Thanks goodness.........and I hope so
[ Edited by VA9erfan on Dec 14, 2010 at 11:14 AM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for PlasmaHero.
Originally posted by 76Razor:

although the mooch fiasco was wrong, he did have winning seasons prior to getting axed. singletary? nada.

clean house even if we win 1 playoff game (which i doubt even happens). you only keep wo the new HC wants. MAYBE MJ.

This is only Singletary's second full season as a head coach. If they pull off 8-8, he will have a winning record overall as a coach, and brought the team its first playoff victory in 8 seasons. It would be a huge slap in the face to not only Sing, but the players who fought all season and didn't quit. Fans want someone with previous accolades but retreads more often than not do NOT pan out, look at Shanahan in Washington.
Originally posted by 76Razor:

This is only Singletary's second full season as a head coach. If they pull off 8-8, he will have a winning record overall as a coach, and brought the team its first playoff victory in 8 seasons. It would be a huge slap in the face to not only Sing, but the players who fought all season and didn't quit. Fans want someone with previous accolades but retreads more often than not do NOT pan out, look at Shanahan in Washington.

To be fair if the 'Skins could kick the ball they would probably have a winning record right now. In Shanahans defense you can only lead a horse to water.....

It would be one thing if we Sing wasn't trying to use an antiquated method to win us games or if we had coordinators that knew how draw up a game plan. I mean Sing is learning on the job and in the NFL thats tough to do. We are not out game planning guys, we are not out systeming guys. Most teams we go against are more prepared than us. If Sing was surrounded with strong football minds I would be ok with his style. But in an era where a strong system and strong game plan make a huge difference we are playing behind of almost every team we face.