LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 352 users in the forums

Take with a grain of salt............(Offseason Plans)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OX49er253:
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Originally posted by 76Razor:
If we go 8-8 and get a playoff win, Jed would be a fool to blow up the coaching staff, rather than allow them to make minor adjustments. It'd be the Mooch debacle all over again.

although the mooch fiasco was wrong, he did have winning seasons prior to getting axed. singletary? nada.

clean house even if we win 1 playoff game (which i doubt even happens). you only keep wo the new HC wants. MAYBE MJ.

to quote gary oldman in the "professional": EVVVVVVVERYBODY!

This is only Singletary's second full season as a head coach. If they pull off 8-8, he will have a winning record overall as a coach, and brought the team its first playoff victory in 8 seasons. It would be a huge slap in the face to not only Sing, but the players who fought all season and didn't quit. Fans want someone with previous accolades but retreads more often than not do NOT pan out, look at Shanahan in Washington.

To be fair if the 'Skins could kick the ball they would probably have a winning record right now. In Shanahans defense you can only lead a horse to water.....

It would be one thing if we Sing wasn't trying to use an antiquated method to win us games or if we had coordinators that knew how draw up a game plan. I mean Sing is learning on the job and in the NFL thats tough to do. We are not out game planning guys, we are not out systeming guys. Most teams we go against are more prepared than us. If Sing was surrounded with strong football minds I would be ok with his style. But in an era where a strong system and strong game plan make a huge difference we are playing behind of almost every team we face.

In fairness to the coaching staff, we've passed the ball more than we've run in the first half of the majority of our games, before we got down in the scoreboard. I think it has looked more conservative because Alex has been hesitant to take shots down the field. Troy Smith was operating under the same (albeit limited) playbook that Alex was, and under him the offense looked alot more dynamic.
  • evil
  • Veteran
If we go 8-8 and get a playoff win, Jed would be a fool to blow up the coaching staff, rather than allow them to make minor adjustments. It'd be the Mooch debacle all over again.

although the mooch fiasco was wrong, he did have winning seasons prior to getting axed. singletary? nada.

clean house even if we win 1 playoff game (which i doubt even happens). you only keep wo the new HC wants. MAYBE MJ.

This is only Singletary's second full season as a head coach. If they pull off 8-8, he will have a winning record overall as a coach, and brought the team its first playoff victory in 8 seasons. It would be a huge slap in the face to not only Sing, but the players who fought all season and didn't quit. Fans want someone with previous accolades but retreads more often than not do NOT pan out, look at Shanahan in Washington.

So Shanny is a failure already ? Is it not his first year with that team ? Are they not running new schemes on both sides of the ball ? Do they have the personnel required to run both schemes (offensively and defensively) right now ?

Wow.

If we end up in the playoffs it was in spite of Sing I believe. As another poster mentioned, he was forced to make a lot of decisions he had no choice but to make due to injuries. I've been saying this since Troy first started.

As much as I like, respect and admire him, Sing needs to go. Period. I wish we could keep MJ though. I like what I've seen so far for the most part.

LB
Originally posted by leebert81:

If we end up in the playoffs it was in spite of Sing I believe. As another poster mentioned, he was forced to make a lot of decisions he had no choice but to make due to injuries. I've been saying this since Troy first started.

As much as I like, respect and admire him, Sing needs to go. Period. I wish we could keep MJ though. I like what I've seen so far for the most part.

LB

i think he is also making decisions out of sheer desperation. i think he has ONLY loosened his grip on MJ and the offense only because he knows that what he wanted in a "run first" team doesn't seem to work-unfortunately, he is about half a season too late.

LB

i think he is also making decisions out of sheer desperation. i think he has ONLY loosened his grip on MJ and the offense only because he knows that what he wanted in a "run first" team doesn't seem to work-unfortunately, he is about half a season too late.

Agreed.

LB
Originally posted by KRS-1:

So Shanny is a failure already ? Is it not his first year with that team ? Are they not running new schemes on both sides of the ball ? Do they have the personnel required to run both schemes (offensively and defensively) right now ?

Wow.

When you've ostracized your two most important pieces on either side of the ball, that definitely doesn't constitute the road to success. Yes, I would consider him a failure so far. With the Eagles, and Giants looking as good as they do, and the Cowboys playing much better than their record indicates now, where do you see them fitting in? He's only won 1 game more than JIM ZORN has, and there's only 3 games left in their season. 2 of them are on the road, and their one home game will have playoff implications for the Giants. Shanahan laid a big egg this season, and now all that 2 time Super Bowl winner luster has been stripped off.
I hope we don't get rid of Mike Johnson. I'd love to see what our offense could do with MJ having an entire off season to install his offense. He's a young guy and still has a lot to prove so it's not like he's going tor run off to get a head coaching gig 2 years down the road either.

I could careless about everyone else. Manusky is overrated and has gotten way too many passes. Sullivan should have been fired. Other than the OC, TE coach, and RB coach..everyone else should go.

LB

How do you figure its in spite of Sing? The one constant amidst all the turmoil surrounding his "philosophy holding the team back' (which is a crock when you go back and look at the stats) and inconsistent QB play, and defense giving up 4th quarter drives, is that the players have NEVER quit on him, and the players never giving up is the biggest reason why we're still in a position to win the division. If you can't give credit to Sing for keeping the team together despite fan fury and media blasting, you're just being biased against him.
Not to mention Sing has made plenty of good moves. Firing Raye by Week 3 when it was obvious his playcalling was atrocious. Jumping Carr in the Depth chart for Troy Smith in London. Inserting Alex back in for the seahawks game when most people thought it was a bad idea. Most of the things people blame him for, he doesn't have a whole lot to do with (gameplanning being the #1).
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Singletary has absolutely NOTHING to do with any success this team has had this season. He was forced to fire Raye. He was forced to start Troy Smith. He's been forced to implement Dixon and Westbrook. None of it was in his own free will.[/quote

Do you know this for a fact???? plz provide a link stating that this is fact..........

His motivation is the reason we are in games at all....his motivation is the reason we have won 5 out of the last 8 games......I havnt read anywhere that he was forced to do anything....plz deal the facts, not fiction.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Wow.

When you've ostracized your two most important pieces on either side of the ball, that definitely doesn't constitute the road to success. Yes, I would consider him a failure so far. With the Eagles, and Giants looking as good as they do, and the Cowboys playing much better than their record indicates now, where do you see them fitting in? He's only won 1 game more than JIM ZORN has, and there's only 3 games left in their season. 2 of them are on the road, and their one home game will have playoff implications for the Giants. Shanahan laid a big egg this season, and now all that 2 time Super Bowl winner luster has been stripped off.

The move to obtain a QB thus far has been a failure, they need to make a decision on McNabb at season's end and go forth with that. Either he is the guy or isn't. As for Haynesworth, well he is Haynesworth, a very talented yet unprofessional player. They should have moved him from the day he said he did not want to play in a 3-4. Mike freaking Golic passed the same conditioning test that he could not initially.

However considering the lack of talent at WR, the need to rebuild the OL beyond Trent Williams, the lack of guys who are true 3-4 fits on defense are all factors as to why Washington is still 2 years away from being able to look like contenders on paper. The roster needs reshaped & cap space still needs to be cleared.

Anyone whose expectations were high for the Skins this year, was overlooking a lot about that team.

Awesome! Just like we thought.

Can we now root for our team again?!

Jeez!

Wow.

The move to obtain a QB thus far has been a failure, they need to make a decision on McNabb at season's end and go forth with that. Either he is the guy or isn't. As for Haynesworth, well he is Haynesworth, a very talented yet unprofessional player. They should have moved him from the day he said he did not want to play in a 3-4. Mike freaking Golic passed the same conditioning test that he could not initially.

However considering the lack of talent at WR, the need to rebuild the OL beyond Trent Williams, the lack of guys who are true 3-4 fits on defense are all factors as to why Washington is still 2 years away from being able to look like contenders on paper. The roster needs reshaped & cap space still needs to be cleared.

Anyone whose expectations were high for the Skins this year, was overlooking a lot about that team.

Couldn't you say the same about the Niners?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I hope this is the case.
Share 49ersWebzone