LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

San Diego's Weaknesses on Defense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I hope Singletary doesn't read this... He'll then throw it because they'll never expect it. Kindda like putting Norris as a WR this past sunday. Brilliant!

Are you kidding me??? He actually did that? I didn't see the game.

i saw that i was like wtf? i dont remember what happened that play but i remember it was a pass play
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
I hope Singletary doesn't read this... He'll then throw it because they'll never expect it. Kindda like putting Norris as a WR this past sunday. Brilliant!

Are you kidding me??? He actually did that? I didn't see the game.

i saw that i was like wtf? i dont remember what happened that play but i remember it was a pass play

LMAO Norris ran out to the wr spot faster than he ran the route.
send this memo Manusky that way they can feed VD & Westbrook all day
Gore would kick our ass. However, since he is gone, I would agree with the OP that TE reads and RB screens would be beneficial to a point. You'd need a good enough pass block to pull those out, and no stupid INTs by Smith.

Denver had the same gameplan of dinking and dunking with the TEs and RB screens and got mauled. You WILL need to stretch the field occasionally, and I just don't know if your WR core/ Qb combination is robust enough to do so.
Originally posted by BobS:
The chance of exploiting a team's weakness with Dingletary? Good luck.

1 in a million
Originally posted by kstolai:

1 in a million

I don't agree. Singletary is in Alex Smith slapped in the face focus mode. We are running a s**t load of 12 personnel and it's causing mismatches, especially with Westbrook being a much quicker player than Gore.

I still don't see us making SD look like a middle of the pack team because statistics show they are one of the best teams in the league. Let's hope they have one of those WTF days with the short week.
We need to get Ant Dixon 20-25 runs, Westy about 10-15 runs, with 5-10 targets on screens and short dump offs. The limit Alex to no more than 20 pass, most within 5-15 yard range high precentage pass attempts and our offense should roll. Delaine and Vernon can break off big runs after catch. Our defense really rolls when our offense grinds it out and gets us points. Even when we settle for 3's I think it works in our defenses advantae. Our defense revoves around field position.
  • dj43
Originally posted by FourNine49:

I doubt that was Sing. That was MJ. And a move like that isn't to have Norris as a WR, but merely to take one less guy out of the box.

Good knowledge.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by kstolai:

1 in a million

I don't agree. Singletary is in Alex Smith slapped in the face focus mode. We are running a s**t load of 12 personnel and it's causing mismatches, especially with Westbrook being a much quicker player than Gore.

I still don't see us making SD look like a middle of the pack team because statistics show they are one of the best teams in the league. Let's hope they have one of those WTF days with the short week.

How is San Diego one of the best teams in the league @ 7-6 barely holding on to a 2nd place lead by a game?! They have taken losses to Seattle, Oakland, and St. Louis and we beat all three of those teams.
the wrs dont catch the ball all that well anyway

Share 49ersWebzone