LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Originally posted by WildBill:
Crabtree needs to grow up and learn the words there is no I in team. When he does that, everything will fall in place for him.

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Crabtree needs to grow up and learn the words there is no I in team. When he does that, everything will fall in place for him.

on THE PHOTO, JUST WOW, LOL
Originally posted by ihatealex2005:
cmon people crabtree is not overated... hes a super sick receiver idnt care what yall say.. i cant see fitzgerald catchin over 60 balls under our staff and team..oh yeah and our GREAT QB.. ahaa

Fitz's QBs played much worse than Alex or Troy, God knows what Crabtree's numbers would look like on that offense...

Crabtree has talent, no doubt, but he needs to get his s**t together if he's gonna do anything with that talent. The quantity of dropped balls this year was inexcusable, and he seemed to regress in many ways. I don't think he's a bust, or that he won't get better, I just have to call a spade a spade....crabs fukced up this season.
When I watch Crabtree catch a ball, he looks like a natural to me. I think any discussion of him being overrated is way too early. Remember, we've finally got an offensive guy running the team. This will make a huge difference and I bet that within a couple of years, any talk of Crabtree being overrated will be long forgotten.
YES! What had he done?? All mouth!
Originally posted by binary2nd:
cmon people crabtree is not overated... hes a super sick receiver idnt care what yall say.. i cant see fitzgerald catchin over 60 balls under our staff and team..oh yeah and our GREAT QB.. ahaa

Crabtree blows. It's not the QB when you run wrong routes, have that many drops, and are responsible for that many INTS.

actualy it doesnt make u a bad receiver to do that. thats fixable.. iv seen great receiver drop balls that turned into ints..i seen desean jackson do it this year.. thats not the point.. when hes targeted he does good.. NOW ALEX SMITH is garbage..and so is troy...and so is michael johnson

I was watching some video of Joe Montana and Steve Young the other day and both had plays almost exactly like A Smith's fumble that is so famous with many on this site. The one where he is rolling left, tries to find a receiver and winds up having the ball pop out of his hands. Montana's vidoe was so similar that I thought it was Smith at first, then realized who it was and watched the rest of the program. All QBs make mistakes and can look terrible at times, especially when they are not coached well or are working in a bad system. So, if it can happen to those in the best of systems, under the best coach...?

Crabtree should become a great receiver, if he can keep his head straight and work hard all year. The hotdog WRs coming out right now are beginning to implode, embarrassing themselves and I hope Crabtree is smart enough to see what is happening to Moss, TO, and Dez. If you are a prima dona, teams will keep you just as long as they have to (you are making plays and putting butts in the seats) and then the turk visits.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 27, 2011 at 09:06:24 ]
What an incredible video! I had forgotten about it but it sure tells a story doesn't it? Love Cat Stevens.
On April 15ths Path to the Draft, Charlie Casserly rated Crabtree as his 6th rated WR "PROSPECT" he's ever scouted.

1. Andre Johnson

2. Calvin Johnson

3. A.J Green

4. Dez Bryant

5. Larry Fitz

6. Michael Crabtree - Said he has incrediably quick feet and ability to seperate. He wasn't really talking about speed, but the ability to get open. He also said he has great hands.
peeps bee hatin on crabs 2mutch

I think he has insane potential but we need to throw him the ball ALOT !! more ... and get a burner to stretch the field so things open up for him and he can get more YAC ! but i don't think people are really talking about him that much which would not make him over-rated...

My top 5 over-rated wideouts
1- steve smith CAR
2- TJ whosyourmama BAL
3- Chad Johnson CIN
4- Dez Byrant DAL
5- Larry Fitzgerald ARI (last 2 seasons- quick turn around likely)
At this point, yes but he was also the victim of a dysfunctional coaching staff and run-first system that put passing/WRs second behind RBs. Those things were out of his control.

Unfortunately, he has a bit of the Randy Moss "stench" on him as well and that combined with subpar performance on the field won't make him any friends in the stands. He needs to get his act together, act humble and hungry (perhaps allowing Rice to mentor him) and be able to flourish in Harbaugh's system if his true potential is to be realized.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
On April 15ths Path to the Draft, Charlie Casserly rated Crabtree as his 6th rated WR "PROSPECT" he's ever scouted.

1. Andre Johnson

2. Calvin Johnson

3. A.J Green

4. Dez Bryant

5. Larry Fitz

6. Michael Crabtree - Said he has incrediably quick feet and ability to seperate. He wasn't really talking about speed, but the ability to get open. He also said he has great hands.

Yeah. I saw the same show. It confirms that Crabtree under performs. He may have quick feet but is slow into his routes, good hands but slow reflexes have him dropping too many passes, great at running routes except those that are called, and not enough speed to separate. Alot of flash and ego but not enough substance. Every player has talent, the good ones use it. Talent is the word used when you have not achieved your potential. It's time to convert talent to substance.
[ Edited by fortyyearniner on Apr 16, 2011 at 4:59 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyyearniner:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

1. Andre Johnson

2. Calvin Johnson

3. A.J Green

4. Dez Bryant

5. Larry Fitz

Yeah. I saw the same show. It confirms that Crabtree under performs. He may have quick feet but is slow into his routes, good hands but slow reflexes have him dropping too many passes, great at running routes except those that are called, and not enough speed to separate. Alot of flash and ego but not enough substance. Every player has talent, the good ones use it. Talent is the word used when you have not achieved your potential. It's time to convert talent to substance.

OK obviously you didn't watch the segment because he talked about how excellent Crabtree was at getting separation. nice try though
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Probably
Share 49ersWebzone