There are 169 users in the forums

What offense would best suit our current player personell?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well, its unanimous! Everyone believes the current system is the best and Single- is the one to lead it now and in the future.

Single-'s fizzicle filosofy has been proven game after game. Why change to some fancy-pants system? I just don't understand why people think it is good to score when you just have to kick off and give the ball to the other team.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
The current player personnel is a bit of a mixed bag to say the least. As expressed previously we lack some real football intelligence around the offence.

Personally I desire the WCO to return. It is a proven system that sent us to the playoffs year after year. Since binning it we have went nowhere. In fact we have regressed in our offensive strategy to a point were we get turned on by a 20 yard run. Its pathetic.
I'd like to see them install the offense that calls for passes beyond the first down marker on 3rd and long.
Originally posted by carlgo:
Well, its unanimous! Everyone believes the current system is the best and Single- is the one to lead it now and in the future.

Single-'s fizzicle filosofy has been proven game after game. Why change to some fancy-pants system? I just don't understand why people think it is good to score when you just have to kick off and give the ball to the other team.

it doesnt matter which offense we run,, these players seem not to execute anyways
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
The one the 85 Bears used.

...if we had the 85 bears defense.
Been pretty obvious that a spread offense tends to get our offense in a rhythm. We dont need to go exclusively to a spread but just use more of it and more PA pass plays. In other words...CREATIVITY.
Originally posted by GORO:
We just need a Head Coach that has a reputation for developing Qb's. Having two defensive coaches as our head coaches has not gotten the 49ers to the play offs.

You what's really funny?

We hired 2 defensive minded head coaches to develop a project 20 year old QB from a gimmick offense. If that didnt pan out at least we'd have a "stud" defense.

You what's funnier than that?

The project failed and our defense doesn't suck as bad.

I hope we NEVER hire another defensive minded HC unless we have an offensive coordinator like Tom Moore or (can't remember the name) the Saints OC.
SPREAD OUT WIDE OPEN SHOTGUN PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Been pretty obvious that a spread offense tends to get our offense in a rhythm. We dont need to go exclusively to a spread but just use more of it and more PA pass plays. In other words...CREATIVITY.

You sir, are correct. It seems like EVERYONE knows this except for Singletary. Or maybe he DOES know it, but can't bring himself to accept it.

Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

You sir, are correct. It seems like EVERYONE knows this except for Singletary. Or maybe he DOES know it, but can't bring himself to accept it.

No kidding. All we get told by the Singleberry Regime is that "it wont work" and "its not that easy." Well, the "it's not that easy" part maybe true...and no one is saying go spread full time...but damn...it OBVIOUSLY works to a certain extent. Prevent defense or not...putting 21 points in one half is impressive...doesn't matter how you look at it. And just because a defense is playing prevent...that doesn't mean they WANT YOU to score. The first TD (21-7) fine....I'll give you that...but the 2nd and the 3rd?

It's dumb IMO to write off success simply because, "well the defense was in prevent." Yeah that's true when they are up 35-3 and there is 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter...not 20-3 with two quarters left. I seriously doubt defenses play full time prevent @ 15:00 in the 3rd quarter. This is the NFL.
I think the best system for our current personell, even if Gore is in the lineup, is one where we throw the ball a lot and often. Passing 65% of the time. I think that would give us more first downs and longer possessions, ultimately giving Gore as many carries as he gets now.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Joecool:
An offense without Alex Smith. Seems to be that the skilled positions all of a sudden "get better" when he's not playing.

Ditto...Funny how the skill positions all of a sudden perform better when the Qb position is improved/Changed. Not to bash Smith but I want the team to win so I think we should run the west coast offense with a quality "proven" winner at the QB position.

What about Vernon Davis? Where's he been?

Not to mention when Alex came in last year against Houston is when Davis FINALLY broke out.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Any offense that comes with coaches that know what they are doing. I think we have all the players we need to win, except maybe at defensive back.

Many things point to you being 100% correct. I can't believe I am going to say this but if Alex Smith went to the Pats, he could be turned into a servicable QB similar to Tully Banta Cain's turn around when he went back to the Pats.

Bill Walsh couldn't make Steve Deberg better on a SB caliber team. Improving a QB isn't as near as easy as improving an edge rusher with one spin move.

I bet he could have. But Eddie is extremely demanding(nothing wrong with that sometimes) and Bill didn't think that he could do it and survive. On top of that DeBerg was too set in his ways.

Whereas Alex isn't. Alex hasn't had consistency in the OCs' that he's worked with. Yeah Raye was SUPPOSED to be that guy, but Sing effectively put the kibosh on any Spreadcoast that we had any hope of running. Now that's not saying Alex is going to amount to much, but he'd have a better chance on a consistent team with a consistent Line with a consistent workable philosophy. He's had NONE of that with this team.

You don't alway have to have the best line in front of you but you have to have one that can consistently protect you when you step up into the pocket. Alex steps up only to get put on his back or force him out to throw to the dump off or out of bounds. I want to see what that guy can do with some consistency around him.

An offense without Alex Smith. Seems to be that the skilled positions all of a sudden "get better" when he's not playing.

I think somebody needs to go back and look at film, cause the skill positions played better when Alex was under Center. And that's with Craptree causing some messed up turnovers. Only reason it looks like the way you think it does is cause Troy held onto the ball longer.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Dec 11, 2010 at 8:14 PM ]
If A Smith starts then the spread would work best as that is what he does best. And with Gore out there is no reason to continue the thump-a-thon game plan. Turn Smith loose and see what happens. If he is as bad as many believe he will play himself off the team. If he does well the team needs to change the damn offense to pass to set up the run permanently.
Share 49ersWebzone