LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 311 users in the forums

MJ's Presser explains the QB change more

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Mike-Johnsons-Press-Pass-12910/9ed74ea1-69c5-4738-8991-12ff8321916f
Anyone wanna summarize for us losers at work?
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
can't believe anyone still listens to the babbling.

You need to employee-up, tell your boss that you're going to that site whether he likes it or not.

He basically said in order for them to get Vernon involved more Alex needs to start because he knows more of the playbook (not only that quick TE screen to Walker). His job is to give the players out there the best chance to win with his gameplan. A gameplan that involves going over things with Singletary.
Originally posted by baybreaker707:

He basically said in order for them to get Vernon involved more Alex needs to start because he knows more of the playbook (not only that quick TE screen to Walker). His job is to give the players out there the best chance to win with his gameplan. A gameplan that involves going over things with Singletary.

I didn't see the link between those two segments. I took it as..

1) We need to get Vernon more involved.

2) Troy's demotion is not due to performance; but, more due to not knowing the entire play book.

3) Alex will start because he knows more of the playbook than Troy.

Also, on a side note, I kinda got the impression that the QB change was forced on him; not so much his choice...
Originally posted by D_Niner:

2) Troy's demotion is not due to performance; but, more due to not knowing the entire play book.

Also, on a side note, I kinda got the impression that the QB change was forced on him; not so much his choice...

Maiocco and Barrows have both speculated that MJ is the one who headed the move to Alex because of Troy's limitations (mentally and physically). Although it's nothing close to solid evidence of the situation, they are pretty on-point uually.
Originally posted by Joecool:

You need to employee-up, tell your boss that you're going to that site whether he likes it or not.

Or, close your office door and give everyone that don't bother me look.

God I love my job!
I understand their reasoning but it comes at a price. With Alex comes turnovers. Look at how many turnovers we had with Troy in there as opposed to Alex.

...just saying.

• dj43
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Maiocco and Barrows have both speculated that MJ is the one who headed the move to Alex because of Troy's limitations (mentally and physically). Although it's nothing close to solid evidence of the situation, they are pretty on-point uually.
MJ would never say this in public, but...he is on audition as an OC this year.

Assuming what most here presume, that Singletary is fired at the end of the year, it is very unlikely that MJ will be retained by the new coach, or get any decent job anywhere else next year unless he can show something the remainder of this year. If he is being limited in terms of what HE can show by having to work through Troy Smith's limited knowledge of the play book, MJ is going to want to start the guy that can make him look good to a future employer.

Just my thoughts but it makes sense at this time of the year when everyone is playing for their job next year.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I understand their reasoning but it comes at a price. With Alex comes turnovers. Look at how many turnovers we had with Troy in there as opposed to Alex.

...just saying.

Yes but once they tweaked the offense the turnovers minimized. Alex had 1 int in the last 7 quarters he played. But in any case...he still needs to stretch the field. I liked the first play in the Carolina game (52 yard throw to VD). More of that would be nice.
0 - 4 from here on out would be the best option. And we are capable of it...
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

...just saying.

Yes but once they tweaked the offense the turnovers minimized. Alex had 1 int in the last 7 quarters he played. But in any case...he still needs to stretch the field. I liked the first play in the Carolina game (52 yard throw to VD). More of that would be nice.

You're looking at 7 quarters of football? I'm looking at 6 games of football. You can look at his whole career.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Raye Jr can go to hell.
Share 49ersWebzone