Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Raye Jr can go to hell.

• dj43
Raye Jr can go to hell.

You can call him that but I would like to see what he can do. He has a nice background that includes some very interesting study of what some of the best new offenses are doing. He has changed quite a few things about the offense since he took over.

We will never find out for certain but I believe Troy and Sing have been holding him in. I would like to see if he comes out and really shows some nice stuff on Sunday. It will be a do-or-die time for Alex and it might be something of the same thing for Mike Johnson. I want to see what he can do.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I understand their reasoning but it comes at a price. With Alex comes turnovers. Look at how many turnovers we had with Troy in there as opposed to Alex.

...just saying.

Yes but once they tweaked the offense the turnovers minimized. Alex had 1 int in the last 7 quarters he played. But in any case...he still needs to stretch the field. I liked the first play in the Carolina game (52 yard throw to VD). More of that would be nice.

You're looking at 7 quarters of football? I'm looking at 6 games of football. You can look at his whole career.

LOL dude I get it man. Trust me. I was just using a recent sample of work.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by dj43:
Raye Jr can go to hell.

You can call him that but I would like to see what he can do. He has a nice background that includes some very interesting study of what some of the best new offenses are doing. He has changed quite a few things about the offense since he took over.

We will never find out for certain but I believe Troy and Sing have been holding him in. I would like to see if he comes out and really shows some nice stuff on Sunday. It will be a do-or-die time for Alex and it might be something of the same thing for Mike Johnson. I want to see what he can do.

I dont really care what his back ground is, the guy is hot garbage. He is an amateur and we need professionals. We need bright guys who can actually game plan and get the plays called in time.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
0 - 4 from here on out would be the best option. And we are capable of it...

but Alex knows the whole playbook....
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by baybreaker707:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Anyone wanna summarize for us losers at work?

He basically said in order for them to get Vernon involved more Alex needs to start because he knows more of the playbook (not only that quick TE screen to Walker). His job is to give the players out there the best chance to win with his gameplan. A gameplan that involves going over things with Singletary.

I didn't see the link between those two segments. I took it as..

1) We need to get Vernon more involved.

2) Troy's demotion is not due to performance; but, more due to not knowing the entire play book.

3) Alex will start because he knows more of the playbook than Troy.

Also, on a side note, I kinda got the impression that the QB change was forced on him; not so much his choice...

Maiocco and Barrows have both speculated that MJ is the one who headed the move to Alex because of Troy's limitations (mentally and physically). Although it's nothing close to solid evidence of the situation, they are pretty on-point uually.

Troy is limiting the amount of times we punt from 8 times a game to 6?
Raye Jr can go to hell.

I dont really care what his back ground is, the guy is hot garbage. He is an amateur and we need professionals. We need bright guys who can actually game plan and get the plays called in time.

He is following singletary's lead. He does not have much experience as o.c. I see him as q.b. for Arizona next year.
Only a few more weeks of this garbage fellas. Only a few more.

Sing, MJ, Maunsky, Sullivan and co. are alll goners.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Only a few more weeks of this garbage fellas. Only a few more.

Sing, MJ, Maunsky, Sullivan and co. are alll goners.

Add Alex smith, chilo , David Carr to that list too.
I understand their reasoning but it comes at a price. With Alex comes turnovers. Look at how many turnovers we had with Troy in there as opposed to Alex.

...just saying.

Yeah...do that

Alex will get one final chance to get booed out of Candlestick--it could be good for the lungs of the fans--help with the winter season--get out some mucus.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
0 - 4 from here on out would be the best option. And we are capable of it...

Sing knows this. That is why Alex is now starting.
Raye Jr can go to hell.

If Alex doesn't learn the possibilities of this offense that Troy displayed, then Alex is officially the b***hiest QB I have ever witnessed. Dude who knows ten passing plays makes the deep ball work tells me Alex better f**ken find the deep open receivers.
Johnson was proven correct in Alexs earlier starts under him that the deep plays were called. Alex never pulled the trigger. His arm may as well be as strong as Hills if he ain't going to throw the damn ball.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Johnson was proven correct in Alexs earlier starts under him that the deep plays were called. Alex never pulled the trigger. His arm may as well be as strong as Hills if he ain't going to throw the damn ball.

He also didn't have the time in the pocket to actually work through his progressions. If you recall he was pretty much running for his life on every play(notice I said practically so please don't give me some BS about oh on this one play he had all day bla bla bla) Alex Smith was at the time of his injury the most hit and hurried QB in the league. I am not sure if he still holds that wonderful statistic. His ability to take what the defense gave him ie. the check down to Gore is what kept him from having outragious sack numbers. Troy Smith on the other hand did not have that ability. Troy Smith took 3 more sacks in 3 less games than Alex Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone