LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Do You Trust Jed to Make the Right Decisions?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This off season will show the York's hand. If they hire a GM, who is capable, right off the bat then quite possibly they have learned something. But if they hire any other position in the coaching structure first then we know their futility will continue.
The answer to your question is absolutely 100% in every way shape and form NO!

The kid was born with a silver spoon and has zero experience in what a winning organization looks like. He has childhood memories, but no practical experience whatsoever with how a winning organization operates.

The dumbest thing of all time is that he refuses to get a GM to run the organization.

If he were smart, he would hire a GM that knows how to win i.e. Parcels, Holmgren, Wolf etc. The fact that he won't do this is an indicator that he doesn't want anyone in the building telling Jed what to do or that what Jed is doing is not proper.

It is his and his family's conscious descision to not have anyone around that knows what they are doing is dumb. He would rather hire young people that are also learning i.e. Scotty. Scotty was a nice guy but he simply didn't know how to build a winning team. You have to hire people that know what it looks like and to this point Jed has never done this; there is no indication that he will change now.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I honestly don't know. Judging from his previous decisions....like keeping Mike Singletary - Time has PROVEN wasn't the right call. I wanna see if he takes a considerable amount of time with this off-season to TRULY EVALUATE the situation. This will be a true test for Jed. I don't want him to make ANY hasty calls ON THIS ONE.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
I VOTE NO
I truly Trust Jed to make it happen!

Is this a trick question?
  • Veteran
He is a York.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Way too early to determine. He's got a lot on his plate right now. I don't envy him at all.
I definitely think his intentions are far more noble than his parents', but as far as trusting him to get the 9ers back where they belong.....meh! I doubt he's done f**king up, if for no other reason than he's got a lot going on around him and is completely inexperienced in nearly all of it. Then add to the equation the very real possibility that Dr. Jagoff and Queen Succubus are still pissing in his ear and it seems as if this process could take forever.

I really wish they'd sell to the ownership group that Young and Jones had lined up if that option hasn't completely died on the vine already I really just want to wipe the slate clean from top to bottom and try to forget the last 8 years. Maybe the looming strike will provide opportunity to get something substantial done with the new stadium and then things won't be so chaotic. Never thought I'd say this, but after this season's disappointment, I hope there's a strike. Maybe a year of 0 revenue for the York's will push them more towards selling. Wishful thinking I know...

The only way I can see Jed gaining the unquestioned loyalty of the faithful is if he publicly disown's his parents and legally changes his name to Eddie DeBartolo jr. jr.....that and use his family's devil powers to clone Bill Walsh; we have to have some Walsh DNA kicking around The Stick somewhere.
When the 49ers visited London who was the front man? All the video clips I saw had Dr. John York center stage. He must step aside and let a football man run the organization. His past performance says no.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
Just stop and think for a minute, and be serious. He is 27 years old. 27 years old! Do you remember how much you knew about anything, and what level of judgment you had at that age? The NFL is very competitive, and he is competing against knowledgeable, brainy football people. Whoever put him in this position is an idiot. Of course I do't trust him You would be stupid if you did. This is not rocket science!

That and he hasn't surrounded himself with people more knowledgeable than him.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
The fact that the Vikings, cowboys, and broncos have already moved on from their coaches and we haven't tells me that Jed is an IDIOT

When all three of teams axed their coaches they had been eliminated from playoff contention. The only reason Jed has not fired Singletary is because we (and I hate saying this) are still in the NFC West hunt. Had he fired him then he would have been sending a message to the rest of the team that he has given up on the season only 2 games back. So we should also be mad at the Seahawks and Rams for one of them not stepping up and taking control of a division that we couldn't because we were poorly coached! Besides, who would we replace him with?

With all that said, I do have about 65% faith that Jed can turn this thing around. He is well aware of everything that has been said and written over the last three months. I also believe that Uncle Eddie has been a good voice in his ear about having too many chiefs in the front office. I am a little disappointed that he hasn't already been looking for a new GM because it makes me think he is thinking about not hiring one. The one thing I can have faith in is Singletary will be fired, Alex Smith will be gone and we can move past the Nolan/Singletary era!!! Jed, don't mess this up!!!
if he is actually taking advice from his uncle then you can bank on it. I really believe that Eddie needs to be involved as a consultant. If Jed is still trying to "wing it" then God help us all because we are in for a long painful ride.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
Just stop and think for a minute, and be serious. He is 27 years old. 27 years old! Do you remember how much you knew about anything, and what level of judgment you had at that age? The NFL is very competitive, and he is competing against knowledgeable, brainy football people. Whoever put him in this position is an idiot. Of course I do't trust him You would be stupid if you did. This is not rocket science!

That and he hasn't surrounded himself with people more knowledgeable than him.

That too. Thanks!
how can i?
Share 49ersWebzone