Coach Sing + Alex Smith = CHAMPIONSHIP!
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

dynasty
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

dynasty

little league is calling the yorks for permission now.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I already want him resigned, but i'm in the super small minority.

really?!?! not going to bash ya or anything man but I gotta know what makes you want this? I have been a solid alex supporter every year until this year. finally fell off of that wagon. thing is I have not seen much good this year. he did not show us that he was improved from last season to this season. i will admit...he has some pretty bad breaks early this year that was hard to blame him for but overall he did not show us the improvement we expected before the season started. if anything...he actually looked worse at times this year than he did last year.
Mathematically we're still alive for the playoffs. But this concludes that:

-We win our next 4 games. When's the last time we won 4 games in a row?
-Seattle and St. Louis both go 2-2 over the next two games or worse. And hey! They play us. Chances are at least one of them will beat us.

It's just not going to happen. Statistics never hold up. This season is done.

Alex is that you?
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Alex is that you?

Cpt. Checkdown
King Small Hands
Coach Killer
Alexcuser
BUST
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
This is not going to happen.

To only wonder what would happen if we got Aaron Rodgers...

You really think that the outcome would have been any different. If thats your position, then you don't think coaching (HC and OC), having a oline, a #1 and #2 quality wr to throw to and being able to sit and learn for a few years matters. Its comparing apples to oranges!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Trade For Kolb is what we will do if we make playoffs with Alex lol.
Originally posted by rk1642:

You really think that the outcome would have been any different. If thats your position, then you don't think coaching (HC and OC), having a oline, a #1 and #2 quality wr to throw to and being able to sit and learn for a few years matters. Its comparing apples to oranges!

alex = rodgers

yeah in your fantasy land

just go ahead and admit alex would be montana with better coaching lol

Not to mention Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre for 3 years before the team was handed to him. Who'd Alex Smith sit behind for 4-5 games before he was thrown in against the best team in the league (Indianapolis Colts)? Tim Rattay? Ken Dorsey?
Originally posted by brucesf49:

really?!?! not going to bash ya or anything man but I gotta know what makes you want this? I have been a solid alex supporter every year until this year. finally fell off of that wagon. thing is I have not seen much good this year. he did not show us that he was improved from last season to this season. i will admit...he has some pretty bad breaks early this year that was hard to blame him for but overall he did not show us the improvement we expected before the season started. if anything...he actually looked worse at times this year than he did last year.

I just feel he will be better when he isn't handycapped by the nolanterry era. I could be 100% wrong, but id rather him be resigned @ backup money, than have him light it up in seattle or dallas.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

Not to mention Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre for 3 years before the team was handed to him. Who'd Alex Smith sit behind for 4-5 games before he was thrown in against the best team in the league (Indianapolis Colts)? Tim Rattay? Ken Dorsey?

LOL... Weren't there like 10 other QB's that sat behind Favre for years that amounted to nothing? Whats going on in GB is all Rodgers. The kid has drive and natural ability; we just flat out chose the wrong QB...
If you think Alex going to lead us to the playoffs. I got a bag of peanuts to sell you,because your really guilble..
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

alex = rodgers

yeah in your fantasy land

just go ahead and admit alex would be montana with better coaching lol

Why does it always have to be "Alex would be Montana." No one is saying that.

How hard is it to comprehend that Alex would be BETTER (which isn't saying much) than he is right now...had he gone through Rodgers' path as opposed to his path??

I mean...I'd guess about 99.99% of NFL scouts, execs, coaches, and players would agree with that statement.

It doesnt have to be "ALL or NOTHING." Better doesnt always mean "AZ GUUD AAZ MOHNTANUH!" and bad doesnt mean "AZ BADH AZ JAMARKUS."

Geez louise. People always feel the need to take everything to one extreme or another.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home