LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

If Alex Smith got us to the playoffs and won one playoff game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Playoffs?

Let's win against Seattle first.

Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
It's alway's "if's" with Alex, not "because's," and that's the problem.

This should end all Alex Smith threads. We never win "because" of Alex, but only "if" everything else goes correctly.
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
At first when I read the title of the thread I was . Then I was when I realized it was a trick question. Alex can't get us to the playoffs and then win a game.

Good one.

LB

Placemat for Crow Stroganoff to be served up later should this come to pass.

~Ceadder

LOL. I'll be the first to eat it too, wouldn't be the first time! Let's say he does get us into the playoffs and wins a game... I still don't want him back next year. Way too much dirty laundry, history and bad vibes. Plus even if he plays Tom Brady-ish the rest of the season (which he has not proven to be able to so far in his career) I know next year the old Alex will come out. He has never put together a string of decent games and the odds of that happening now are pretty slim.

LB

What if we hired Gruden or Billick and they wanted to keep Alex?
Just curious.......
Originally posted by kemp_j:
At first when I read the title of the thread I was . Then I was when I realized it was a trick question. Alex can't get us to the playoffs and then win a game.

Good one.

LB

~Ceadder

LOL. I'll be the first to eat it too, wouldn't be the first time! Let's say he does get us into the playoffs and wins a game... I still don't want him back next year. Way too much dirty laundry, history and bad vibes. Plus even if he plays Tom Brady-ish the rest of the season (which he has not proven to be able to so far in his career) I know next year the old Alex will come out. He has never put together a string of decent games and the odds of that happening now are pretty slim.

LB

What if we hired Gruden or Billick and they wanted to keep Alex?
Just curious.......

Well, I wouldn't have much say in that decision. First, I'm not a Gruden fan so I hope it's not him. I don't get the love affair some fans here have with him. I think he took one heck of a team in Tampa and proceeded to dismantle it. If Billick was our HC next year and wanted to keep Alex then I'd like to see what he could do, again, I wouldn't have any say. If I did, I'd rather let Alex go and start fresh. The only way I could be convinced to keep Alex next year is if we were to groom (properly) a drafted QB.

LB
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
If this happens......Sing keeps his job.

The question is: What more important for the 49ers future - Alex Smith's redemption or Mike Singletary's dishonorable exit? I don't think any of us TRULY know the answer anymore.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
F**k Alex Smith

Good one.

LB

~Ceadder

I really dont think we're going to make it. We've been waiting on Alex to do this for 6 years. Every time we expected something good..(winning season, playoffs, a descent win streak)...he lets us down. He's let me down more times than hairs on French womans armpit. I'm ready to move on.
If Alex wins 1 playoff game. He will have 1 more playoff win the Aaron Rodgers.
ZING!
I think the Niners will probably lose at least 2 out of the next four games, and be watching the playoffs on TV. It's not even so much a talent level of the team that makes me think this. Other NFL staffs are doing a much better job at game planning against the 49ers than they are oif their opponents. So even a team that looks weak on paper has a good shot at beating the 49ers at the preperation level.
Apparently the drugs do work.

this thread

You're going to see a record number of empty seats at the Stick this Sunday.

It's going to be downright epic.
Hey, the fans have every right to be crybaby quitters that give up on their team. With boo-bird fans like that, who needs em anyway?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Hey, the fans have every right to be crybaby quitters that give up on their team. With boo-bird fans like that, who needs em anyway?

You are so right. Keep going.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Alex Smith and playoffs are like oil and water.
Let it go.
Share 49ersWebzone