Originally posted by JustaFan45:Originally posted by D_Niner:Originally posted by oldman9er:Originally posted by Jakemall:
Didn't we fire Marriucci for doing this very thing when we lost to the Buc in the Championship? And that was when we were good at it.
Don't remember the exact particulars, but even Mooch wasn't this conservative. I definitely remember the gripe on Mooch was that we wouldn't play with a FINISH HIM! mentality when we got ahead though.
Exactly right.
The play that killed Mooch was one where he ran out the clock going into the half instead of trying to drive and gain more points; but, that summed up Mooch. I remember him talking once, something about blowing out an opponent only makes them that more determined to beat you the next time; therefore, he wanted to win by the smallest margin possible...
Don't mean to go off topic but what is it with this "Don't want to show the other team up" concept? For example TD celebrations. You should be able to celebrate anyway you want and if a coach doesn't like it .....KEEP THEM OUT THE ENDZONE!
My rant is over!
Exactly like Belichek(sp?) once said "If you want to keep the score down , then stop us from scoring." There is nothing wrong with just beating the s**t out of your opponent.



[j/k] I hold many of the same opinions that you do regarding Alex. Where we differ is the idea of him being here next year. Mainly I just have a real hard time believing that he would even want to come back for more abuse. If I were him, 6 years of this sh*t would be more than enough of a reason to get as far away from the west coast as possible. This has become a very personal thing between Alex and the fans who want him out of here after what they did in the game against Philly. "WE WANT CARR" isn't just insulting, it may as well be a slap in the face. Honestly, if he actually wanted to come back I'd have to question whether the nay sayers are actually right about his alleged character flaws. Personally speaking, my own pride wouldn't allow me to take any more crap from this fan base. The majority of fans who attend the games have clearly moved on, so let the wound heal, is my whole feeling.