LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

At QB right now who gives us the best chance to win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

At QB right now who gives us the best chance to win?

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
We are f**ked either way! Troy looked good early because he took risks. The coaching staff does not want him to take risks they want a game manager who plays in the pocket and checks the ball down. They want Alex Smith

The problem is game managers do not win enough games in 21st century football, this is a passing league we need a passer. With this pathetic group of p***y coaches we need a gunsling QB let lose to have any chance at all, because the quickest way to lose a game is to follow Singltary's game plan!

We need Troy off the chain, not Troy with his nuts in check!

Alex has no nuts!
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by cris_sonic:
Nate Davis (demote David Carr to the practice squad) already seen what Alex Smith, Troy Smith has done might as welll see what #7 has!

Nate Davis is hot garbage! Just look at what Troy Smith did but multiply the suck by 10 and you have what Nate Davis will do.

can i make a motion to ban all posting that suggests nate davis has an nfl future outside of practice squad or 3rd string qb?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by superman49er:
Nate Davis (demote David Carr to the practice squad) already seen what Alex Smith, Troy Smith has done might as welll see what #7 has!

Nate Davis is hot garbage! Just look at what Troy Smith did but multiply the suck by 10 and you have what Nate Davis will do.

can i make a motion to ban all posting that suggests nate davis has an nfl future outside of practice squad or 3rd string qb?

can I make a motion to b*n all posting that suggests Alex Smith has an nfl future outside of the 49ers or the UFL??
Originally posted by susweel:
Can we add Justin Smith to the poll.

How about Akili Smith?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by superman49er:

This team has been starting 3rd string QBs ever since Garcia left.
Alex
Pro: knows the entire playbook, has better chemistry with the receivers, more accurate than Troy
Con: tends to have at least one WTF moment in every game

Troy
Pro: very good at extending plays, supposedly a good leader
Con: has to extend plays because he tends to not see wide open receivers, holds on to the ball entirely to long and takes to many sacks, does not know the entire playbook.

That should be a CON, and as for chemistry with wide outs, that has to go to Troy.

But it does not matter who starts with this play book, and Singletary's game plan....we are f**ked!

Unless o fcourse you are hoping to pick in the top ten next year!
Well, they turned Troy into Alex, so I guess that makes Alex a better option. If they let Troy be Troy, then he would definitely be the better option!

So basically we are asking do we want Alex Smith 2.0 (post injury) or Alex Smith 3.0 (Troy)?
At the start of the season Alex Smith made a few really dumb a$$ mistakes. I often wondered WTF. After the Eagles game and that horrendous fumble, I think he has drastically improved. He finished that game strong and led the team to a win in Oakland. We would have won in Carolina but we put Carr in....
He is awesome in the red zone, and knows the entire play book. If the play calls weren't so god damn predictable he might actually lead us to more wins. The play at QB has been problems but lets not kid ourselves. The entire staff has some serious issues. Finish season and let Alex go. He will get picked up somewhere. He has too much history here that is negative. Not all his fault either. I wouldn't say Nolan or Sing are quality HC...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Better yet who gives us the best chance to lose? Every game we win gets us further from Luck.
Interesting how most people think Alex is our best chance to win, but on the other poll aren't happy he's starting.

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Interesting how most people think Alex is our best chance to win, but on the other poll aren't happy he's starting.

Isn't the other poll asking about him starting in 2011 as well?
Cody Pickett
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but, when Coach "I don't know what the Hell I'm doing-TARY" said the QB position will be a week to week process; since there are 4 weeks left, Alex will get this week, Troy the next, followed by Nate and David Carr. This wouldn't be a bad idea, especially if we loose Sunday.
Sing has concluded that the only way he can keep his job is to have Smith lead the team to a strong finish, proving that he is a good coach and that the way he handled Smith was correct. They will sink or swim together.

On a conspiratorial note, it is also possible that the Yorks ordered this because if Smith and the team excel down the stretch, they get to keep both Singletary and Smith. This would prove that their ownership decisions were smart and they wouldn't have to make any expensive changes to the coaching and QB positions.

The Yorks may also think that if Smith does do reasonably well, his trade value might go up by millions of dollars, maybe worth a third rather than a sixth round pick.

In any case, some unexpected success would potentially help the Yorks in both their image and their beloved budget.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Alex Smith is like a stain that simply will not go away. In the current offense we want to run, Smith is a poor quarterback, he just isn't that good. He gives up on 50% of the plays, and makes unbelievably idiotic mistakes 1-2 times each game. In the spread offense (where we throw 90% of the time) Smith can be very good, but since we are not going to run that f*#@ing offense, then why on earth are we putting Smith back in?

Troy Smith makes plays, and does not make as many mistakes. I thought this was Singletary's ideal quarterback for his silly ass offense.
In the current offense we run, Troy Smith is BETTER. Just plain BETTER. He makes PLAYS. You can't understate how important that is from the quarterback position.
He makes throws that we NEVER see from Alex Smith. The throw to Vernon Davis (the one on the sideline), was a perfect example. Alex Smith would never have tried to make that play, but Troy Smith has the guts and ability to make a big play like that happen, yet also avoid tons of turnovers.

Maybe we are putting Alex Smith back in the spread, but at this point, the idiocy is getting out of hand. If Singletary wanted to run the spread, he would have done it by now, right?

SHOUT it out! Oh... you are.
Share 49ersWebzone