There are 221 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. San Diego Chargers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Quote:
Hopefully today somebody will report how Sing got fired!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Deion just said it.....play calling was garbage...wouldn't of mattered who was at QB...and we are pathetic!

That pretty much sums it up. Niners should have hired a WCO head coach a long time ago and there would have been a lot more creativity in the play calling and game plans. Need to have an offensive minded head coach. They should never have let Greg Manusky get away.
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Deion just said it.....play calling was garbage...wouldn't of mattered who was at QB...and we are pathetic!

That pretty much sums it up. Niners should have hired a WCO head coach a long time ago and there would have been a lot more creativity in the play calling and game plans. Need to have an offensive minded head coach. They should never have let Greg Manusky get away.

Originally posted by bracus:

I don't get this one either. They do need to let Manusky get away this offseason however.
It amazes me how hot and cold this team can be. Granted most of our Hot streaks come against bad teams but I cant take away the dominance of Seattle and Arizona. I do remember every now and then when a Montana or Young lead team imploded on game day. But this s**t happens every other week.

I believe there is enough talent here to be competitive. The leadership and guidance necessary is missing. It's time for this organization to quit with the experimental head coaches and hire a proven winner.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Yeah, I can't point to one player that did well tonight. Actually... maybe Josh Morgan, but I think that's just him making plays in garbage time.

Alex Smith - It's not his fault that the entire team sucked. He didn't really do anything to make things better though.

Justin Smith - I didn't think his ejection was the STUPIDEST mistake that I've seen. It's just bad luck that he shoves someone he's not looking at, and it's the ref.

Nate Clements - No idea why he lets himself into a jump ball situation with Jackson. Probably should've tried to secure the tackle.

Offensive Line - At times, had some nice holes for the running game. But overall, they didn't help Alex Smith at all.

Coaching Staff - What exactly was the gameplan? This probably should've been the game where we play smashmouth football and try to run it down their throats. Why try to pass 3 downs in a row on the #1 pass defense in the NFL?

Agreed on all points except for maybe Nate. Really, I thought he made a good play. If you look at the replay, it wasn't even a clean catch by Jackson. You could tell he (Jackson) couldn't really see the ball, it just happened to kind of fall into his arm.

Freak accident. It happens.

Now Nate failing to make the tackle is another story......
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I don't get this one either. They do need to let Manusky get away this offseason however.

I think Manusky does a good job with what he has. You can't forget that we haven't had a decent pass rush in years because our front office refuses to draft for it.

We keep getting these tweeners and hybrid OLB/DE's and then try to manufacture a pass rush through scheming. It's stupid, and it doesn't work. Every competent 3-4 team in the league gets this while we remain stubborn.

Target a pass rusher in the draft and free agency and watch our defense become elite.
Originally posted by obx49:
Here is my observation...

We are an embarrassment.

Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I think Manusky does a good job with what he has. You can't forget that we haven't had a decent pass rush in years because our front office refuses to draft for it.

We keep getting these tweeners and hybrid OLB/DE's and then try to manufacture a pass rush through scheming. It's stupid, and it doesn't work. Every competent 3-4 team in the league gets this while we remain stubborn.

Target a pass rusher in the draft and free agency and watch our defense become elite.

Actually we have gone away from the D-Line scheme that got us in the Top 5 in sacks last year. This year is all bull rush which i think Sing has instructed because he is scared of the screen pass.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I didn't even watch the game because I was at work, but I heard Alex Smith sucked balls.

He was about #20 in the line of reasons why they 49ers lost tonight. They were just outplayed and outcoached by a much better team. Smith had no chance against the Charger defense. They covered everything and gave him very little time to throw.

#20? Wow
Just for fun, let me count them for you.

1 thru 5 - OL

6-9 - DBs

10-11 - OLBs

12-14 - Ginn, Crabtree and Morgan - no separation albeit against a very good secondary

15 - Justin Smith brain lock to draw a penalty for failing to control his emotions

16- Franklin the invisible man

17-19 - Singletary, Mike Johnson, Manusky

20 - Alex Smith

• dj43
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
What I saw from my endzone seat was Crabtree running wide open on deep routes all game and the ball never came his way. Unbelievably wide open.

I dont have endzone seats but i can see the same thing From my TV
You can't throw the ball unless you have a passing lane open. Just because a receiver may get open an a play doesn't mean it is all the QBs fault if he doesn't get the ball.

The SD DL was getting very good push up the middle all night long. They were taking away the passing lanes.

Funny, I didn't hear Gary Plummer say the 49ers had open receivers, and he usually mentions that if they are. hmmmm
Originally posted by ninerfan97:
I just got back from the game and will offer my opinions:

1) Crabtree is average at best. He looked slow and ran crappy routes. They didn't even look to him for 3 quarters. He never had any seperation. Seeing him and V Jax on the same field showed just how average Crabtree is (for now at least).

2) Our secondary has got to be the worst in the league. They have no clue as to what they are doing out there. Spencer and Nate wouldn't be a nickel back on half the teams in the league. When Goldson got hurt I was hoping that was the last time I saw him in a Niner uniform, but he jumped right back in the next play. The Chargers did whatever they wanted in the passing game with back-ups and a guy that hasn't played in almost a year. Pathetic.

3) OL sucks. Sims had a hard time, but he's a back-up. Davis is a rookie and struggled as expected. Rachal does not belong in the NFL, just awful!

4) The casts bothered TKO and PWill. Brook's dropped interception was just rediculous.

5) Coaching, if you can call it that, is unbelievable. TKO covering V Jax on his 2nd TD. What?!?!? We bent, but didn't break For 80 and 90 yard drives all night . When the whole world can see we need to play to win we are as conservative as ever.

6) I like Dixon.

I'll be happy when this season's over and we can start the road back to respectability.I was embarassed for our sorry a$$ team. We had a good turnout of Niner fans and the team just let us all down. Bye Singletary. Bye Alex. Bye Goldson. Bye Nate. Bye Franklin. Thanks for helping make us the laughing stock of the NFL.[/quote
Please start Taylor Mays. Also play the other rookies who really want to be here to contribute.
Sing considered pulling Alex in the SD game..... But didnt consider pulling Chilo, Crabtree, Franklin, Haralson, Clements, Goldston or R SMith? They all have more competant backups....Can they please fire him today and allow Manusky to take over for the last 2 games so him and M Johnson can properly be evaualted? Lets get some questions answered instead of asking more.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
yea.... he gives us the best chance to win
Can you imagine if we had a real coach? He would have been replacing players left and right.
Share 49ersWebzone