There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are we done thinking Troy Smith is doing good?

Come on people, seriously, Troy has had his fifteen minutes of fame, the bench awaits him. Just finish the season with Alex, he's gone at the end of the season anyways and at least he knows the offense and won't limit the play calling.
Yah, we're done.

Next?
He is a good 3rd string QB. All I gotta say is, I miss Alex Smith cause of Troy... that should answer your question.
Originally posted by job2436:
Come on people, seriously, Troy has had his fifteen minutes of fame, the bench awaits him. Just finish the season with Alex, he's gone at the end of the season anyways and at least he knows the offense and won't limit the play calling.

I agree. Although, the whole not knowing the offense is BS. The plays being called are the same ones that were called when Alex was the QB.
Originally posted by sacniner:
He is a good 3rd string QB. All I gotta say is, I miss Alex Smith cause of Troy... that should answer your question.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,127
not sure yet! Troy buys time...scrambles, makes plays and is accurate on the long ball! We gave Alex six years to develope and we can't even give Troy 6 weeks! I want TROY!!!
Yes.
He's a serviceable backup due to his mobility and OK accuracy, but let's not get delusional and think he's a starter.
Id like him as a backup but not as a starter
He was super accurate against the Broncos, short or deep throws. He hasn't been a very accurate passer since.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,508
Originally posted by valrod33:
Id like him as a backup but not as a starter

This
Originally posted by littleken:
He was super accurate against the Broncos, short or deep throws. He hasn't been a very accurate passer since.

Like all players "coached" by this staff the more "coaching" they get the worse they play!

I gotta say, I like Troys game better than Alex's.
Alex is a boring and predictable loser.
Troy lacks polish but makes up for it with style!

In the end it really doesn't matter, they are both playing for back-up roles, here or elsewhere in the league.

Alex Smith will never be a winning Starting QB in the NFL write it down book
it, bet on it, mortgage your momma's house on it!

Troy, shows signs he MIGHT be a winner in the NFL but don't put any real money on him to be a starter!
Yup, on to Nate for the last few games
  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,155
My wife just came by and saw the title of this thread and just about went ballistic.

She is an English teacher. "How could anyone make two major grammatical errors in a 9 word sentence..." her voice then trailed off into the other room.

It was pretty funny.
I love Troy, and want him on the team for many years to come. But he probably isn't the answer as a full time starter. I think he can be like a better Seneca Wallace.