LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
When was the last time Alex Smith was without Frank Gore??

Never

2006. Gore strained his abdomen during that Chiefs game where we made Damon Huard look like a HOFer.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by backontop:

If Alex Smith tears it up without Gore would it be safe to say that Singletary's mancrush on Frank Gore was holding Alex Smith back?

Gotta do it 3 games in a row. That was my measurement on Troy and he disappointed. The first team won't know what hit them. The second team does and we counter. The third team has seen both and is the true test.

I was joking. But in all honesty I think Gore being out might actually help Alex Smith out. Singletary and company won't be able to just rely on running the ball 10000 times up the middle with Gore, so they have to turn to the other playmakers on the field being VD, Crabtree, Walker and Westbrook.

I don't think it will help. Alex has had plenty of 30+ attempt games this year and we get the same result from him: dig route here nd there with a curl route and nothing anywhere else.

And don't worry, they wil start out running Dixon and Westbrook down the middle, get us slightly behind and then predictable trying to catch up with mostly passing.

The 30+ attempts is misleading. You know better than that. You're the first one to point out "garbage time" stats.

The 30+ attempts can be misleading because WHEN IT MATTERS...we aren't passing. When we decide to go spread offense guns blazing...we're down by 20 and Alex ends the game with 30+ attempts (20 attempts in the last 20 minutes).

A good example is the Packers game last year. We're down 27-3 at halftime and Alex has 7 attempts...the ENTIRE first half. We end up losing 34-27 or something close but Alex ends up with 30+ attempts.

...in the meantime...Aaron Rodgers had 20+ attempts AT HALFTIME.

It's not always about HOW MANY passes...it's also about WHEN you pass. Now that said...Alex did dump off a lot so no excuse for that.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

If Alex Smith tears it up without Gore would it be safe to say that Singletary's mancrush on Frank Gore was holding Alex Smith back?

Gotta do it 3 games in a row. That was my measurement on Troy and he disappointed. The first team won't know what hit them. The second team does and we counter. The third team has seen both and is the true test.

I was joking. But in all honesty I think Gore being out might actually help Alex Smith out. Singletary and company won't be able to just rely on running the ball 10000 times up the middle with Gore, so they have to turn to the other playmakers on the field being VD, Crabtree, Walker and Westbrook.

I don't think it will help. Alex has had plenty of 30+ attempt games this year and we get the same result from him: dig route here nd there with a curl route and nothing anywhere else.

And don't worry, they wil start out running Dixon and Westbrook down the middle, get us slightly behind and then predictable trying to catch up with mostly passing.

The 30+ attempts is misleading. You know better than that. You're the first one to point out "garbage time" stats.

The 30+ attempts can be misleading because WHEN IT MATTERS...we aren't passing. When we decide to go spread offense guns blazing...we're down by 20 and Alex ends the game with 30+ attempts (20 attempts in the last 20 minutes).

A good example is the Packers game last year. We're down 27-3 at halftime and Alex has 7 attempts...the ENTIRE first half. We end up losing 34-27 or something close but Alex ends up with 30+ attempts.

...in the meantime...Aaron Rodgers had 20+ attempts AT HALFTIME.

It's not always about HOW MANY passes...it's also about WHEN you pass. Now that said...Alex did dump off a lot so no excuse for that.

That is what the sad part is. No matter who the QB is they tend to have a low average of pass attempts in the first half and 3rd quarter to only attempt to get back in the game by throwing the ball.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

Thats how I feel. Not a single care will be given Sunday if we lose.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Wouldn't it be funny if Balmer had two sacks and MROB got 100 yards rushing.
Most three-and-outs this season: Carolina 44, Chicago 41, Detroit 41, Seattle 40, St. Louis 39, Arizona 39, Washington 38 and San Francisco 37. Fewest: Jacksonville 9, New Orleans 23, Indianapolis 23, Houston 23, San Diego 24 and Miami 24. NFL average: 31.1.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
Most three-and-outs this season: Carolina 44, Chicago 41, Detroit 41, Seattle 40, St. Louis 39, Arizona 39, Washington 38 and San Francisco 37. Fewest: Jacksonville 9, New Orleans 23, Indianapolis 23, Houston 23, San Diego 24 and Miami 24. NFL average: 31.1.

all the NFC west is in there
Originally posted by susweel:

I know Jacksonville only has 9 three and outs all year, thats impressive
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I think they gonna whoop the raiders.

I think they gonna whoop the raiders.

yup
mattbarrows

Greg Manusky says that as of now it appears Ricky Jean Francois will start at NT and Isaac Sopoaga will back him up.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
mattbarrows

Greg Manusky says that as of now it appears Ricky Jean Francois will start at NT and Isaac Sopoaga will back him up.

Good, lets see if they can afford to let Franklin walk next year.

Funny would be MROB running the wildcat and having more completions and TD's than A. Smith.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Funny would be MROB running the wildcat and having more completions and TD's than A. Smith.

I would love to see that.
Share 49ersWebzone