LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 219 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows

Greg Manusky says that as of now it appears Ricky Jean Francois will start at NT and Isaac Sopoaga will back him up.

Good, lets see if they can afford to let Franklin walk next year.

Franklin's play definitely has slipped this year. Dude was playing out of his mind last year. Way to miss training camp!

-9fA
If I was a player on the team, I would only watch and study the film seriously when I would be on my own.

I can't imagine the players being in the film room and honestly giving their full attention to the HC, DC, or OC. Position coaches, yes, full attention, but at this point with the season going this way...

Can't see it! Can't do it!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They need to play Mays, Bowman, Williams and even Adams. Let the young play and get some experience.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
They need to play Mays, Bowman, Williams and even Adams. Let the young play and get some experience.

sounds logical and something needed....but these coaches don't operate in normal human logic
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

sounds logical and something needed....but these coaches don't operate in normal human logic

If we lose this game, then the rookies must finish the season.

THIS is why you don't put a project player like Nate Davis on the practice squad. There's a lot of value in a hopeless season and game time experience is exactly what some players need. Then it can be determined if this player is worth retaining for 2011. This coaching staff is ultimate fail. They are doing everything backwards with the young players.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

it would be nice to see Crabs, Williams, and Guinn....

I dont know what happen with Mays...
Everyone wonders why Alex Smith replaces Troy Smith at quarterback. Pretty simple. With no Frank Gore, the Niners' run game isn't dominant, so they'll have to spread the field much of the game. Alex Smith is more accurate than Troy, with much more of a mastery of the offense, and Troy's been misfiring in each of the past three weeks. Pretty logical for a coach who doesn't care about 2011 one bit; all Mike Singletary wants to do is find a way to win one game right now.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/09/nfl-week-14-picks/index.html#ixzz17ek0IZU2
Guess this should go in here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7xEcD7zx9A

I don't want to die :(
Originally posted by jeez59:
Guess this should go in here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7xEcD7zx9A

I don't want to die :(

I cant believe I watched 30 seconds of that crap

It makes sense I guess
Anyone notice how whenever we play the Seahawks, (except for this year) Frank Gore normally has a big game against them?

Well, it would have been nice for him to be here now, but on the bright side, latest news said that he would be able to practice during off-season. (It's now an eight week injury)

Anyway, I still think we win this game and call me crazy, but I think its better if we have Alex play this game as opposed to Troy.

I don't wanna have to go too much into detail about why Alex would be better, but simply put, he knows the playbook, and he doesn't take the risks that Troy does.

I mean come on, eventually one of Troy's lucky throws would have been picked off...

Next, we have the Chargers. At first sight, we mark a L, correct? Then you see that the Raiders were able to beat them. (Not implying that since the Raiders can we can too...) My point is that if you can lose to the Raiders, you can lose to just about anyone. (If we had lost to the Raiders I would have said 0-16... Then again, we did lose to the Panthers...)

So I'll mark this one up as a maybe W, but if we play shoot-ourselves-in-the-foot football, I say we get blown out.

Then we have the Rams, who I am confident that we will beat/destroy.

Beat: If we play smart and no Anthony "Holding" Davis calls.

Destroy: If they shoot themselves in the foot while we play mistake-free football.

But either way, I mark this one up as a W.

Lastly, we have the Cardinals, who seemingly let us have the game the last time we played them. Seriously, it didn't look like they were trying AT ALL. I mean, look at their first run play... The QB didn't even hand the ball off correctly, he was still drunk from the night before, the Cards didn't think that they would lose to the Niners so they do some drink-the-night-before gameplanning and I don't blame them.

I chalk this one up a win because we are simply a better team than them. We have the better players, JUST GOTTA KNOW HOW TO USE THEM!!! (cough cough SING cough)

Call me optimistic if you want, but that is simply the way that I see the rest of our games turning out...

Now as far as playoffs go, I thi-

Jim Mora: PLAYOFFS!?
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/14419491

Quote:
2 minutes ago - If the two-minute drill portion of Wednesday’s practice was any indication, the offense will have a rough day on Sunday. QB Alex Smith's accuracy and decision making did not inspire much confidence. When has it ever? 49ers RapidReports

Uh oh
Alex should be good for 3 ints in this game. Get it done Smitty.
I think we win this game because Gore torched them last year in Game 1 and they made adjustments, stopped him and beat us in Game 2. They did the same in 2010 Game 1. Now, their game plan should be a little different but we will still force-feed Westbrook and Dixon and it should be similar to 2009 Game 1.
Share 49ersWebzone