There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners signed K Jeff Reed

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Jennings, Reed and Lee?

Well, that is the most competent group on the team.....

Reed seems like a real good signing. I like that he said he didn't want to come here unless Nedney was unable to play. That sounds way classier than his pictures....

Nedney is the best kicker we've had in years, but he's getting old every time he suffers an injury like this, it could be the one that stops him from playing. I know Reed struggled this year, but he won two superbowls with the Steelers, and had plenty of big kicks for them along the way. I think we're VERY lucky to have a guy him available when we need a kicker desperately.

A well written rational post in this thread? What were you thinking?

I agree with your ideas, though. I don't really follow kickers that closely, so I'll wait to judge Reed after I see him kick for us. I do agree that it's nice to have had a veteran available, though.

Hopefully he works out. We may need him.

Nedney.
Are you guys sure we signed Reed? It sure looks like Sebastion Janikowski out there kicking for us.

Whoever it is has bigger thighs than any of our linemen....
gnr
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
He's worse than Andrus, not even kidding. Just got kicked off one of the best teams in the AFC, why the f**k would we sign his sorry ass?

you really should be banned
Im trying to stay positive even after losing today

but fat boy did his part today not bad at all

good job Jeff
Dude is fat with an "F"
  • Gabie
Man he got fat, but he did a good job! Nice pickup minus that weird first kick off.
That was one fat kicker.

Dude, mix in a salad.
This guy was very damn accurate/reliable today. Dude's played in s**tty/windy weather all over the AFC North for the blunt of his career, would be happy if he remained our kicker of the future (since Nedney is becoming a liability).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 5, 2010 at 5:06 PM ]
Well done, you were solid today drunkass!
I am hoping we keep him for the long haul. Nedney is old and makes me sick any time he is going for a fg over 40 yards.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This guy was very damn accurate/reliable today. Dude's played in s**tty/windy weather all over the AFC North for the blunt of his career, would be happy if he remained our kicker of the future (since Nedney is becoming a liability).

don't get too ahead of yourself

nedney >>>> reed
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
That was one fat kicker.

Dude, mix in a salad.

He's not fat, he's just big boned.
Realistically, he was the offensive "star" today...he did his job better than anyone else did. All of which is a very sad commentary about our team...
Dude has been money since putting on a Niner jersey. To bad he cant kickoff past the 10 yd line.