LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Niners signed K Jeff Reed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So wait does this mean Nedney to IR? I like Nedney so much better than this guy, this guy doesn't have the power of Nedney and he seems like a douche.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
So wait does this mean Nedney to IR? I like Nedney so much better than this guy, this guy doesn't have the power of Nedney and he seems like a douche.

Nedney isn't going to IR. He is just dealing with that calcified mass in his groin...I think.
Originally posted by backontop:

Nedney isn't going to IR. He is just dealing with that calcified mass in his groin...I think.

Honestly with only 5 weeks left I feel like we're kinda dumb for using 2 spots on kickers. If this is only a 1 week deal then cool, but if Nedney continues to not be able to play we might as well just IR him. But I hope we get him back, not a huge fan of Reed. BTW I thought nedney got hit in the knee or something and he was dealing with that also? But I could be wrong.

Honestly with only 5 weeks left I feel like we're kinda dumb for using 2 spots on kickers. If this is only a 1 week deal then cool, but if Nedney continues to not be able to play we might as well just IR him. But I hope we get him back, not a huge fan of Reed. BTW I thought nedney got hit in the knee or something and he was dealing with that also? But I could be wrong.

I don't remember hearing anything about a knee so I just assumed it was his groin again.
Guy thinks he is on the Jersey Shore show.

Anyways, run down on his stats...

4 for 9 at Heinz (tough place to kick) this year (of course Candlestick is too)
11 for 13 everywhere else this year
15 of 22 overall for 68% (joe is at 84.6 for the year), Reed is 81.9% lifetime

19 for 19 on Extra Points

42 Kickoffs for average of 62.6 (7.4 yards short of end zone, not Nedney's strength either)

5 touchbacks with 39 returns for a 21.2 average

Missed 7 total this year:
2 from 50+
40, 45, 46, and 49
There had to be a better option somewhere
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by jrg:

Did we have a reed kick for us b4 or am I buggin?

I'm gettin' a vibe that if Reed pans out (and shows he's over his hard-drinking flare-ups), this could be permanent.

Let's face it, Nedney is no David Akers, and has become an injury liability within the past 2 seasons (and his contract is almost up).
mattbarrows Jeff Reed said he expects to be the 49ers kicker the rest of the season ... Not sure what that means for Nedney's knee injury.
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows Jeff Reed said he expects to be the 49ers kicker the rest of the season ... Not sure what that means for Nedney's knee injury.

They might be cutting Nedney
mattbarrows Nedney's knee will be reevaluated Monday but his return "doesn't look good" personnel director Trent Baalke said. Jeff Reed will take over.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows Nedney's knee will be reevaluated Monday but his return "doesn't look good" personnel director Trent Baalke said. Jeff Reed will take over.

he's done
Share 49ersWebzone