Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by MarkD:
GreenBay 63 - 49ers 3. Sorry this is gonna be ugly

Lmao. And I'm guessing you think it'd be vice versa if your boy Alex played?

It would be more competitive if we where in the shotgun and didnt try to run power O every play. The only QB on our roster that can efficiently run the shotgun (primarily) is Alex Smith. If we had a better QB then fine. Troy Smith is as accurate as A. Smith out of the gun. Stats show that

Meant to sayTroy Smith ISNT as accurate as A. Smith out of the gun. Stats show that

Have you thought about the fact that most of the time Alex Smith was in the shotgun was when we were down by a lot late in the game when defense were playing soft. I don't say this to knock on Smith, just that we never really abandoned Sing's retarded run first philosophy until we were down by a lot.

This happened in the first Seattle game, late in the KC game where he picked by decent yards when were down 31-3, and obviously the Philly game. Although I will say that he played really good after that dumbs**t fumble in the Eagles game.

Dont forget about the Saints game this year. 2009 he played well against the Texans, Arizona, and his stats in the GB game last year (16/33, 227 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT)

Lol dude you're just proving my point! In last years Texans game, he came in when we were down 21-0, and Houston was playing prevent. He was easily able to pick up yards. And in the GB game last year, he played well, but just like in the Texans game, AFTER we were down like 23-3...

You get what I'm saying?

Texans game he came in beginning of the 3 quarter. Teams do not run soft or prevent with 2 quarters left in a game down by only 21. GreenBay game was mostly on Smith because Gore only had 7 attempts the whole game. No balance

Dude, they were playing soft. And what do you mean by 'only 21'? Thats three scores. Generally, when a team is up by 21, they'll stop sending blitzes and play prevent or some sort of prevent.

Name one time where Smith was able to play well under the shotgun from the BEGINNING of the game. And you can't say this years Saints game because we didn't play out of the spread that game. We ran a lot of 2 tight end sets ( this being part of the reason we were able to run with Gore so well)

I win.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

It would be more competitive if we where in the shotgun and didnt try to run power O every play. The only QB on our roster that can efficiently run the shotgun (primarily) is Alex Smith. If we had a better QB then fine. Troy Smith is as accurate as A. Smith out of the gun. Stats show that

Meant to sayTroy Smith ISNT as accurate as A. Smith out of the gun. Stats show that

Have you thought about the fact that most of the time Alex Smith was in the shotgun was when we were down by a lot late in the game when defense were playing soft. I don't say this to knock on Smith, just that we never really abandoned Sing's retarded run first philosophy until we were down by a lot.

This happened in the first Seattle game, late in the KC game where he picked by decent yards when were down 31-3, and obviously the Philly game. Although I will say that he played really good after that dumbs**t fumble in the Eagles game.

Dont forget about the Saints game this year. 2009 he played well against the Texans, Arizona, and his stats in the GB game last year (16/33, 227 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT)

Lol dude you're just proving my point! In last years Texans game, he came in when we were down 21-0, and Houston was playing prevent. He was easily able to pick up yards. And in the GB game last year, he played well, but just like in the Texans game, AFTER we were down like 23-3...

You get what I'm saying?

Texans game he came in beginning of the 3 quarter. Teams do not run soft or prevent with 2 quarters left in a game down by only 21. GreenBay game was mostly on Smith because Gore only had 7 attempts the whole game. No balance

Dude, they were playing soft. And what do you mean by 'only 21'? Thats three scores. Generally, when a team is up by 21, they'll stop sending blitzes and play prevent or some sort of prevent.

Name one time where Smith was able to play well under the shotgun from the BEGINNING of the game. And you can't say this years Saints game because we didn't play out of the spread that game. We ran a lot of 2 tight end sets ( this being part of the reason we were able to run with Gore so well)

I win.

We do not run that type of offense so no Smith has never been in that type from beginning to end. Regardless of what you think the stats still show what I am saying. If you stick Troy Smith in against teams like the Saints,Eagles,Chiefs etc his stats would be much worse. On the other hand if A Smith was playing against Broncos,Cards, etc his stats would have been better than Troys. Hell Troy smith stats against the cardinals where terrible against a team that has clearly given up. Dont be naive

You get what I'm saying?

I win.

We do not run that type of offense so no Smith has never been in that type from beginning to end. Regardless of what you think the stats still show what I am saying. If you stick Troy Smith in against teams like the Saints,Eagles,Chiefs etc his stats would be much worse. On the other hand if A Smith was playing against Broncos,Cards, etc his stats would have been better than Troys. Hell Troy smith stats against the cardinals where terrible against a team that has clearly given up. Dont be naive

Lol you're just saying your opinion. No facts to back them up. You say that Alex payed great against AZ last year, and woulda played better than Troy did against them. Well I have some FACTs to prove that you're wrong.

19 35 54.3 144 4.1 2 2

These are Smith's stats from last year against AZ on monday night. Very similar to troys.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

You get what I'm saying?

I win.

Lol you're just saying your opinion. No facts to back them up. You say that Alex payed great against AZ last year, and woulda played better than Troy did against them. Well I have some FACTs to prove that you're wrong.

19 35 54.3 144 4.1 2 2

These are Smith's stats from last year against AZ on monday night. Very similar to troys.

I have been laying out stats the whole time. Yeh and Smith did throw 2 touchdowns against a better cardinals d.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

You get what I'm saying?

I win.

19 35 54.3 144 4.1 2 2

I have been laying out stats the whole time. Yeh and Smith did throw 2 touchdowns against a better cardinals d.

Alex has more upside than Troy period

You get what I'm saying?

I win.

19 35 54.3 144 4.1 2 2

Meh, he sure did have a bunch of upside coming out of college. And as we have all seen in the past 6 years, that upside and potential didn't mean s**t. Of course he has upside, he was the #1 pick for gods sakes!

It didn't turn out for anything good though. I say that Smith MIGHT be able to turn his career around somewhere else, but for now, lets audition Troy for the back up spot for next year. Let Alex sit then boot his ass out of here as soon as we can.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

You get what I'm saying?

I win.

19 35 54.3 144 4.1 2 2

Meh, he sure did have a bunch of upside coming out of college. And as we have all seen in the past 6 years, that upside and potential didn't mean s**t. Of course he has upside, he was the #1 pick for gods sakes!

It didn't turn out for anything good though. I say that Smith MIGHT be able to turn his career around somewhere else, but for now, lets audition Troy for the back up spot for next year. Let Alex sit then boot his ass out of here as soon as we can.

LOL yeh thats a good idea..Lets start over again with another new qb most likely a first round pic qb, he will take tiime to learn the offense and the nfl. Maybe we can ruine him too and continue the cycle of crappy teams. 1st year coaches,rookieQb's, and a crappy offensive line dont work well in the NFL

Anyway you slice it we are screwed until we get a qb that can produce consistantly by either grooming them which takes time. When I say grooming them I mean with a good team and caoching staff. Any qb needs support, or by hoping to get lucky in the draft. I prefer sticking it out with Smith. He would be cheaper for the 2011 season while we have other players we need to sign anyway. We sign a first round pic at 100 million we will lose some of the players we need that are on the team

You get what I'm saying?

I win.

19 35 54.3 144 4.1 2 2

LOL yeh thats a good idea..Lets start over again with another new qb most likely a first round pic qb, he will take tiime to learn the offense and the nfl. Maybe we can ruine him too and continue the cycle of crappy teams. 1st year coaches,rookieQb's, and a crappy offensive line dont work well in the NFL

Anyway you slice it we are screwed until we get a qb that can produce consistantly by either grooming them which takes time. When I say grooming them I mean with a good team and caoching staff. Any qb needs support, or by hoping to get lucky in the draft. I prefer sticking it out with Smith. He would be cheaper for the 2011 season while we have other players we need to sign anyway. We sign a first round pic at 100 million we will lose some of the players we need that are on the team

Dude, Smith's career as a 49er is done. I don't really wanna get into the whole 'lets blame the coaching staff' or the 'smith sucks' debate, but all I can say is that he has not performed well enough here to stay and get a new contract. Usually QBs who are busts with their teams don't stick around for 6 years. Guys like Tim Couch and Akili Smith didn't stay with them for that long. Neither did David Carr or Joey Harrington.

And you say that it'd be extremely risky to get a new QB and groom them. Well, given the fact that Singeltary will be fired and get an adept coach who can develop a QB, say Harbaugh or Holmgrem, we are set with whichever QB we pick up. I'd rather rebuild at the QB position and maybe have one developmental season before we make the playoffs, than give Alex another shot. Hes had too many of those.

Its time to move on. For the 49ers, for Smith, and also the fans.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

You get what I'm saying?

I win.

19 35 54.3 144 4.1 2 2

Dude, Smith's career as a 49er is done. I don't really wanna get into the whole 'lets blame the coaching staff' or the 'smith sucks' debate, but all I can say is that he has not performed well enough here to stay and get a new contract. Usually QBs who are busts with their teams don't stick around for 6 years. Guys like Tim Couch and Akili Smith didn't stay with them for that long. Neither did David Carr or Joey Harrington.

And you say that it'd be extremely risky to get a new QB and groom them. Well, given the fact that Singeltary will be fired and get an adept coach who can develop a QB, say Harbaugh or Holmgrem, we are set with whichever QB we pick up. I'd rather rebuild at the QB position and maybe have one developmental season before we make the playoffs, than give Alex another shot. Hes had too many of those.

I would be willing to bet that the Cards sign him 2011 and he beats us alot.
  • ZRF80

You get what I'm saying?

I win.

19 35 54.3 144 4.1 2 2

Yeah, Im sure Niner fans will be pissing their pants when Alex comes to play us as a member of the Arizona Cardinals.....

You get what I'm saying?

I win.

19 35 54.3 144 4.1 2 2

Ok. And why does that matter? He obviously can't succeed here...So whats your point.

And btw, it seems as if people like you want him to go to another team and beat us. How about we just agree that he sucked in his time here, that he needs to go, and that we can wish him luck wherever he may go? Instead of the, 'watch him kick our ass' bulls**t. Honestly, I've never seen Alex consistently beat any team in his career, what makes you think he'd beat us?

We know his tendencies better than anyone else. s**t all we gotta do is defend the checkdown pass and the roll out to the right and throw it away.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
WOW

Even a thread about the weather turned into an Alex Smith thread.
Originally posted by susweel:
WOW

haha. Lol I just realized that. It seems as if this MarkD guy signed up just to go around spreading the 'We can only win with Alex Smith' bulls**t.
  • ZRF80
WOW

The tides have turned my friend. Back in the day, every thread was changed into a "I hate Alex Smith" bash fest. Now, his supporters do the same, converting every thread into a "I love Alex Smith" and "we can only win with Alex Smith" lovefest.

As it seems more and more likely that their homeboy will not play another down to "prove" himself (whatever that means), the next step is to make outrageous statements like "watch him become Brady-like/Manning-like oon his next team".

Of course, when that does not happen..........they'll be the first to point the finger right back at home and blame this organization for damaging the psyche of Alex Smith, who had the "potential" to become the next great QB of his generation, but was denied the opportunity because our coaching staff taught him the wrong things on how to play the game.

And the wheels on Alex's bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.....and the wheels on Alex's bus........................
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ZRF80:
WOW

The tides have turned my friend. Back in the day, every thread was changed into a "I hate Alex Smith" bash fest. Now, his supporters do the same, converting every thread into a "I love Alex Smith" and "we can only win with Alex Smith" lovefest.

As it seems more and more likely that their homeboy will not play another down to "prove" himself (whatever that means), the next step is to make outrageous statements like "watch him become Brady-like/Manning-like oon his next team".

Of course, when that does not happen..........they'll be the first to point the finger right back at home and blame this organization for damaging the psyche of Alex Smith, who had the "potential" to become the next great QB of his generation, but was denied the opportunity because our coaching staff taught him the wrong things on how to play the game.

And the wheels on Alex's bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.....and the wheels on Alex's bus........................

Your right.

Back in the day it was me and few others always trashing Alex and we were the minority. Now the minority is the Alex fans who constantly keep defending him.

The tide has indeed turned.
Share 49ersWebzone