LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 208 users in the forums

Weather For Sunday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What's the weather like in SF, mid day, these days??
Originally posted by firemeplz:
NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
$18.99 Discount Sports jerseys
High quality
Since last year 5,000 people have purchased on our site
get more sports product!
Please visit:
www.bbeststore.com

Hey Mods why dont you ban these jacka$$ses?

GTFO with your propaganda
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by firemeplz:
NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
$18.99 Discount Sports jerseys
High quality
Since last year 5,000 people have purchased on our site
get more sports product!
Please visit:
www.bbeststore.com

Hey Mods why dont you ban these jacka$$ses?

GTFO with your propaganda

yah these dudes must have multiple accounts. Its hard for the mods to keep up if they keep making different accounts everyday.
It is time for a weather update. The forecast is for 26 degrees with 15 mph winds from the northwest, with gusts of 30 mph. The field is oriented North-South, so the wind will cut diagonally across the field. It will affect distance and direction. I would guess it will have a huge effect on the deep pass, a lesser amount on the shorter passing game. With the wind, the chill factor is 19 degrees.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
GreenBay 63 - 49ers 3. Sorry this is gonna be ugly
http://yfrog.com/2gkj1yj
Originally posted by MarkD:

Lmao. And I'm guessing you think it'd be vice versa if your boy Alex played?
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:

It would be more competitive if we where in the shotgun and didnt try to run power O every play. The only QB on our roster that can efficiently run the shotgun (primarily) is Alex Smith. If we had a better QB then fine. Troy Smith is as accurate as A. Smith out of the gun. Stats show that
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

It would be more competitive if we where in the shotgun and didnt try to run power O every play. The only QB on our roster that can efficiently run the shotgun (primarily) is Alex Smith. If we had a better QB then fine. Troy Smith is as accurate as A. Smith out of the gun. Stats show that

Meant to sayTroy Smith ISNT as accurate as A. Smith out of the gun. Stats show that

Meant to sayTroy Smith ISNT as accurate as A. Smith out of the gun. Stats show that

Have you thought about the fact that most of the time Alex Smith was in the shotgun was when we were down by a lot late in the game when defense were playing soft. I don't say this to knock on Smith, just that we never really abandoned Sing's retarded run first philosophy until we were down by a lot.

This happened in the first Seattle game, late in the KC game where he picked by decent yards when were down 31-3, and obviously the Philly game. Although I will say that he played really good after that dumbs**t fumble in the Eagles game.

• MarkD
  • Veteran

Have you thought about the fact that most of the time Alex Smith was in the shotgun was when we were down by a lot late in the game when defense were playing soft. I don't say this to knock on Smith, just that we never really abandoned Sing's retarded run first philosophy until we were down by a lot.

This happened in the first Seattle game, late in the KC game where he picked by decent yards when were down 31-3, and obviously the Philly game. Although I will say that he played really good after that dumbs**t fumble in the Eagles game.

Dont forget about the Saints game this year. 2009 he played well against the Texans, Arizona, and his stats in the GB game last year (16/33, 227 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT)

Dont forget about the Saints game this year. 2009 he played well against the Texans, Arizona, and his stats in the GB game last year (16/33, 227 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT)

Lol dude you're just proving my point! In last years Texans game, he came in when we were down 21-0, and Houston was playing prevent. He was easily able to pick up yards. And in the GB game last year, he played well, but just like in the Texans game, AFTER we were down like 23-3...

You get what I'm saying?

what were his stats in the first half of the green bay game
I don't remember but one can say that they weren't too good since we had 3 points.

My main point isn't that Smith isn't good in the shotgun. Of course he is. But he hasn't ever got the chance to play an ENTIRE game under the shotgun, facing blitz packages, different defensive looks, instead of just the prevent soft coverages he faced when we went into the spread when having to play catch-up.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

Lol dude you're just proving my point! In last years Texans game, he came in when we were down 21-0, and Houston was playing prevent. He was easily able to pick up yards. And in the GB game last year, he played well, but just like in the Texans game, AFTER we were down like 23-3...

You get what I'm saying?

Texans game he came in beginning of the 3 quarter. Teams do not run soft or prevent with 2 quarters left in a game down by only 21. GreenBay game was mostly on Smith because Gore only had 7 attempts the whole game. No balance
Share 49ersWebzone