There are 247 users in the forums

P. Haralson named to Yahoo Sports All UnderRated Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
People have been waiting for Haralson to break out as a sack artist since he came into the league, but this season, he's become a more well-rounded player by allowing 1.8 yards per running back carry and putting up the fourth-highest Stop Rate among outside linebackers.

link

I guess he is ok against the run but he is suppose to be a sack artist.
More like underachiever
They must have not seen him get trucked like a mofo by Legarrette Blount.
The dude is hella slow and can't cover for sheet. Not much of a pass rusher either, doesn't really have any moves and most his sacks are coverage sacks. The only thing he is good at is containing the outside and helping stop the run.
Originally posted by miked1978:
People have been waiting for Haralson to break out as a sack artist since he came into the league, but this season, he's become a more well-rounded player by allowing 1.8 yards per running back carry and putting up the fourth-highest Stop Rate among outside linebackers.

link

I guess he is ok against the run but he is suppose to be a sack artist.

That cant be right because so many people on this board say we dont have a pass rush, even though we're ranked 9th.
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
More like underachiever
Pro Football Focus on Pass Rushing Productivity
Can anybody possibly explain how in the world can you say that one player is allowing 1.8 yards per running back carry?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Can anybody possibly explain how in the world can you say that one player is allowing 1.8 yards per running back carry?

regression analysis.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Pro Football Focus on Pass Rushing Productivity

This should be its own thread.
Originally posted by jreff22:
More like underachiever

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by jreff22:
More like underachiever
if the Niners are relying on stupid stats like these then this is why we have no pass rush.

Haralson is like the third best pass rusher on just the Niners and we have no pass rush.

[ Edited by RonRon on Dec 1, 2010 at 09:00:00 ]
Haralson is invisible for most of the games this season. While Manny is chasing guys down, getting picks, stripping the ball etc. I can only rmember a handful of Haralson plays that meant anything Defensively.

UnderRated my ass. You can only be that if you're flying around the ball in on the plays but not getting credit for them. He doesn't get credit cause he isn't around the ball more often than not.

I don't hate the guy, just don't believe for an instant that he's UnderRated.

~Ceadder
Trade him now then, while his value's rising.

[ Edited by BlazinVentura on Dec 1, 2010 at 09:12:08 ]
We have no real pass rusher.

we get coverage/team sacks, occasional blitz sacks

only once and a while, Justin Smith gets a bull rush sack on his own.
Share 49ersWebzone