There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore out for season

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
this is hardly anyone's fault, especially Sing's, Now I want Sing gone like the next one, but this isnt his fault.

Sure he preaches Running, but Gore is the one who wants to play like 95% of the plays every game.

agreed, singsing is my mary hart, hate him with a passion but to pin gore's injury on him is ridiculous
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
The end of Frank Gore's career? Shame he could not get his 1,000yds this season. If he did not get hurt, he would of got it tonight.

of course not.
How is a hip injury an out for the season injury... IM still confused...
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by redrathman:
They ran this guy until his wheels fell off.

Troll much?

More like, much truth.

You need a tissue?!

the sad part is it is true. The guy has been 90% of the offense for how many years now? It was bound to happen. At least we have 2 capable back ups to take his place and pick up the slack without a loss in production.

If we had a diffrent head coach I would agree, but Singletary is not willing to adjust the game plan to the RBs running style. WB has a small frame and is concussion prone and Dixon is a big back that runs small (though he is getting better).

Actually, I thought that Sing did a pretty good job of balancing runs between Dixon and Westbrook. He played Dixon on the short runs and goalline, and gave Westbrook the load everywhere else. Pretty balanced, IMO.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Just when you thought we had some positive stuff going on, we get this! Really feel for Franky Gore.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by redrathman:
They ran this guy until his wheels fell off.

Troll much?

More like, much truth.

You need a tissue?!

the sad part is it is true. The guy has been 90% of the offense for how many years now? It was bound to happen. At least we have 2 capable back ups to take his place and pick up the slack without a loss in production.

If we had a diffrent head coach I would agree, but Singletary is not willing to adjust the game plan to the RBs running style. WB has a small frame and is concussion prone and Dixon is a big back that runs small (though he is getting better).

I remember on one of the sound fx Dixon was complaining about the defense hitting him and how it hurt. Rathman just told him to hit them first

I love that clip.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

it's a fractured hip.
If we make the Playoffs WITHOUT gore that is gonna suck big time who knows when Gore will make the playoffs. Too good of a back not to play in a playoff game.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This is so sad, now Sing won't be able to run up the middle 3 times straight with only one RB!

Love how this injury is being used for Sing jokes instead of actually being upset that our best offensive player is hurt...

damn... big lost for niner land. What sad news to an already sad season
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Maybe just cause there are only 4 weeks left in the season?
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by socal81:
Fractured hip

That's on the fringe of career-ending for a RB. :(

This spells bad things for Gore. I feel sorry for the guy, once you show hip trouble it's like a 'scarlet-letter', you lose production/leading-man status.

Don't be surprised if he's traded under the next coaching regime in favor of Dixon.

the last career ending hip injury I can remember is Bo Jackson against Cincy. Bo was never the same after that and was forced to retire and play baseball and he wasn't the same with that either. I hope Gore is ok for next season, I think Mike Johnson will adjust the game plan to accomodate Westbrook's running style. Although he is a speed guy he does have a good feel for running between the tackles. The rotation will benefit the team because teams will not be able to key on Gore and force Johnson to open it up and throw more and also run more to the outside..
I'm goin to enjoy this win and hope we pass the ball more