There are 214 users in the forums

Frank Gore out for season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by verb1der:
They ran this guy until his wheels fell off.

Troll much?

It's going to rain tomorrow.

It's Singletary's fault.

Fixed.

Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
I hope this injury, if true a fractured hip, does not hinder Frank's future next season. Hip injuries can linger and slow him down. We need the tank for next year's run.

I think this might be the begining of the end for Gore. 2 ACL surgeries, 2 shoulder surgeries, and now a hip. Poor Frank won't be able to walk 7 years from now
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same injury that ended Bo Jackson's carreer?!
Originally posted by niners94:
Hope he makes a full recovery.

Was just posted on NFL Network that Frank Gore was out for season as well.

FML.
Originally posted by backontop:

Troll much?

More like, much truth.

You need a tissue?!

the sad part is it is true. The guy has been 90% of the offense for how many years now? It was bound to happen. At least we have 2 capable back ups to take his place and pick up the slack without a loss in production.

It truly is the inconvenient truth, they even mentioned it during the game, the percentage of plays given to Gore, nearly an NFL record. He has been overused.

You can blame that on Sing too.

it wasn't nearly an nfl record but rather almost put him in a club with very elite RB's in nfl history. Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown and someone else I can't remember.
this is hardly anyone's fault, especially Sing's, Now I want Sing gone like the next one, but this isnt his fault.

Sure he preaches Running, but Gore is the one who wants to play like 95% of the plays every game.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Troll much?

More like, much truth.

You need a tissue?!

the sad part is it is true. The guy has been 90% of the offense for how many years now? It was bound to happen. At least we have 2 capable back ups to take his place and pick up the slack without a loss in production.

If we had a diffrent head coach I would agree, but Singletary is not willing to adjust the game plan to the RBs running style. WB has a small frame and is concussion prone and Dixon is a big back that runs small (though he is getting better). We are a one trick pony power running team. I wouldn't be suprised if we are looking for a RB via wavier wire two weeks from now because our current roster is destroyed.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 29, 2010 at 21:55:29 ]
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same injury that ended Bo Jackson's carreer?!

Yes, it's the same one.

It truly is the inconvenient truth, they even mentioned it during the game, the percentage of plays given to Gore, nearly an NFL record. He has been overused.

You can blame that on Sing too.

Except a hip injury isn't the result of overwork.

Keep grasping.

[ Edited by redrathman on Nov 29, 2010 at 21:58:12 ]

Originally posted by socal81:
Fractured hip

That's on the fringe of career-ending for a RB. :(

This spells bad things for Gore. I feel sorry for the guy, once you show hip trouble it's like a 'scarlet-letter', you lose production/leading-man status.

Don't be surprised if he's traded under the next coaching regime in favor of Dixon.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I feel terrible for Frank.

But I actually think we'll be alright, because now we're forced to spread the carries around like we should have done a long time ago.

[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 29, 2010 at 21:56:22 ]
The end of Frank Gore's career? Shame he could not get his 1,000yds this season. If he did not get hurt, he would of got it tonight.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Troll much?

More like, much truth.

You need a tissue?!

If we had a diffrent head coach I would agree, but Singletary is not willing to adjust the game plan to the RBs running style. WB has a small frame and is concussion prone and Dixon is a big back that runs small (though he is getting better).

I remember on one of the sound fx Dixon was complaining about the defense hitting him and how it hurt. Rathman just told him to hit them first
  • Chief
  • Veteran
This f**king sucks.
Share 49ersWebzone