LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 142 users in the forums

Frank Gore out for season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Which was my point about him doing his research on the WZ, and that you never know if he could find anything he might consider insightful to steal from my post. Get it?

Oh. Snap. I got pwnt.

You = awesome.
DAMMIT!!!!!

i knew it wasnt good when he took himself out the game he never pulls himself out the guy is a warrior

this is the saddess news in ninerland so far this season besides our crappy record

GET WELL SOON FRANK WE WILL TRULLY MISS U THE REST OF THE WAY

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by kray28:
All the Gore fanbois need to understand that Gore was never good enough, even at the apex of his career, to carry the team. He's a very good back, but why anyone developed the notion that he could carry the team as a workhorse is beyond me.

His record as the feature back more or less spells that out. His utilization rate and poor YPC and YPT bears it out.

This season he got a ton of touches and didn't do all that much with it. If he'd done more, you can bet we'd have more than 4 wins right now. And the fact is, when you get that 50%-60% of your team's touches, you have to produce at a special level of efficiency in order for the team to be successful. Gore can only do sometimes.

His cumulative stats look decent, but they hide what a horribly unproductive year he's had from an efficiency standpoint.

That was awesome LOL

perfect

Originally posted by NinerGM:
"Frank Gore carried the load."

"Establish between running and passing."

This is a joke this team isn't balanced. Really?

Considering he was the team's leading receiver it makes perfect sense.
Gore's days as a leading workhorse are done from this point on. Frank is gonna have to swallow a lot of pride and take consistent rotational duties next season to stay healthier.

This could be a problem, as Gore is a guy who wants the ball (he wants 20+ touches a game), and when he doesn't get the ball he voices his discontent in the locker room.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 30, 2010 at 12:06:55 ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Gore's days as a leading workhorse are done from this point on. Frank is gonna have to swallow a lot of pride and take consistent rotational duties next season to stay healthier.

This could be a problem, as Gore is a guy who wants the ball (he wants 20+ touches a game), and when he doesn't get the ball he voices his discontent in the locker room.

really? show me 1 instance of Gore not being a team player?

His injury probably had very little to do with how many carries/catches he's had this season, and a lot more to do with practice and training overall. It's usually an injury that comes with cumulative stress from training, much more than having the ball in your hands 15 - 25 times a game.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Dammit...I knew we would break Gore sooner or later in this offense!

I know we got to see Dixon & Westbrook but we might break them to!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

It's well known that he makes it known he doesn't want to come out of the game, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing in the locker room on on the team as Snake is implying.

You're missing the point, and you probably don't follow the niners much.

Look back 2 years ago under Mike Martz, the moment we went pass-happy Gore was rumbling and grumbling all over the locker-room. Nolan/Sing initially built all their teams around Gore (instead of a QB). -When Martz tried to center the offense around O'Sullivan/Shaun Hill, Gore threw tizzy fits.

It's well known that he makes it known he doesn't want to come out of the game, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing in the locker room on on the team as Snake is implying.

Gore is the exact opposite of a primadonna who whines when he doesn't get the ball. He's a blue collar type of player, a hard worker, who enjoys helping the team however possible.

Look back 2 years ago under Mike Martz, the moment we went pass-happy Gore was rumbling and grumbling all over the locker-room. Nolan/Sing initially built all their teams around Gore (instead of a QB). -When Martz tried to center the offense around O'Sullivan/Shaun Hill, Gore threw tizzy fits.

That's funny, I didn't see you in the locker room. Probably because I wasn't there, and neither were you.
Originally posted by kray28:
All the Gore fanbois need to understand that Gore was never good enough, even at the apex of his career, to carry the team. He's a very good back, but why anyone developed the notion that he could carry the team as a workhorse is beyond me.

His record as the feature back more or less spells that out. His utilization rate and poor YPC and YPT bears it out.

This season he got a ton of touches and didn't do all that much with it. If he'd done more, you can bet we'd have more than 4 wins right now. And the fact is, when you get that 50%-60% of your team's touches, you have to produce at a special level of efficiency in order for the team to be successful. Gore can only do sometimes.

His cumulative stats look decent, but they hide what a horribly unproductive year he's had from an efficiency standpoint.

so leading the NFL in all-purpose yards counts as "not doing much with his touches?"

again, no proof. were you there in the locker room?

give me an article or link or something or it didn't happen

[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Nov 30, 2010 at 12:17:44 ]

Gore is the exact opposite of a primadonna who whines when he doesn't get the ball. He's a blue collar type of player, a hard worker, who enjoys helping the team however possible.

I didn't say he whines. I said he is adamant that he wants to play every snap. But not in a way that is at all detrimental to the team. He is definitely a class act and a team player.
Share 49ersWebzone