LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Frank Gore out for season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Gore's days as a leading workhorse are done from this point on. Frank is gonna have to swallow a lot of pride and take consistent rotational duties next season to stay healthier.

This could be a problem, as Gore is a guy who wants the ball (he wants 20+ touches a game), and when he doesn't get the ball he voices his discontent in the locker room.

really? show me 1 instance of Gore not being a team player?

You're missing the point, and you probably don't follow the niners much.

Look back 2 years ago under Mike Martz, the moment we went pass-happy Gore was rumbling and grumbling all over the locker-room. Nolan/Sing initially built all their teams around Gore (instead of a QB). -When Martz tried to center the offense around O'Sullivan/Shaun Hill, Gore threw tizzy fits.

again, no proof. were you there in the locker room?

give me an article or link or something or it didn't happen

Why don't you? Google the Press Democrat's archives between Sept. 2008- Jan. 2009.

Seriously, it's been written, more than speculation and Gore has voiced his discontent through interviews around that time.

Did you just hop on the bandwagon this season cause you thought we were gonna make the playoffs or something?

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 30, 2010 at 12:22:57 ]
Gore's days as a leading workhorse are done from this point on. Frank is gonna have to swallow a lot of pride and take consistent rotational duties next season to stay healthier.

This could be a problem, as Gore is a guy who wants the ball (he wants 20+ touches a game), and when he doesn't get the ball he voices his discontent in the locker room.

Look back 2 years ago under Mike Martz, the moment we went pass-happy Gore was rumbling and grumbling all over the locker-room. Nolan/Sing initially built all their teams around Gore (instead of a QB). -When Martz tried to center the offense around O'Sullivan/Shaun Hill, Gore threw tizzy fits.

Why don't you? Google the Press Democrat's archives between Sept. 2008- Dec. 2009.

Seriously, it's been written, more than speculation and Gore has voiced his discontent through interviews around that time.

Did you just hop on the bandwagon this season cause you thought we were gonna make the playoffs or something?

that's what i thought... you got nothing
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by kray28:
All the Gore fanbois need to understand that Gore was never good enough, even at the apex of his career, to carry the team. He's a very good back, but why anyone developed the notion that he could carry the team as a workhorse is beyond me.

His record as the feature back more or less spells that out. His utilization rate and poor YPC and YPT bears it out.

This season he got a ton of touches and didn't do all that much with it. If he'd done more, you can bet we'd have more than 4 wins right now. And the fact is, when you get that 50%-60% of your team's touches, you have to produce at a special level of efficiency in order for the team to be successful. Gore can only do sometimes.

His cumulative stats look decent, but they hide what a horribly unproductive year he's had from an efficiency standpoint.

so leading the NFL in all-purpose yards counts as "not doing much with his touches?"

It's not like he had a ton of touches anyways. Of the 11 games he started, not counting last night, he had 20 carries in less than half of them.

And of all the wins (before last night) he had 20+ carries in 100% of the wins.

Why don't you? Google the Press Democrat's archives between Sept. 2008- Dec. 2009.

Sorry I have a job and a life, and I don't need to prove myself to lazy noobs who have no proof to prove whatever I say to be 'otherwise'.

You wanna prove me wrong, but you're too damn fickle/lazy to do so, so literally, you've proved nothing.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Yeah, I mean if the injury was career threatening and that severe, wouldn't he have been in agony? Fracturing a hip bone? That sounds incredibly painful. Gore came back to the sidelines and didn't seem too shaken up. Was able to walk fine. I dunno.

So much agony he was able to come back in and have carries of 9 and 5 yards after the injury. The idea that this is career ending is ridiculous. Especially now before we know anything about the injury itself, what the injury actually is.

Didn't Joe Staley come back in too and play--I don't know why we send injured guys back into play and possibly make the injury worse.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Sorry I have a job and a life, and I don't need to prove myself to lazy noobs who have no proof to prove whatever I say to be 'otherwise'.

You wanna prove me wrong, but you're too damn fickle/lazy to do so, so literally, you've proved nothing.

I agree with you Sanke, Gore's days of being the bell cow are over. And thats a good thing for the team going forward. I was hoping to trade him in the off season but now that possibility is done.

He isn't trying to prove anything, you are.

What's your proof?

lol. exactly.

Snake posted something I asked for proof and he gets on the defensive without providing any.

[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Nov 30, 2010 at 12:31:08 ]

There's even some sources saying Gore doesn't care about carries as long as it helps the team win.

lol.

exactly

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bud. Anywho, glad to have you aboard as a niner fan here, it's always fun meeting new/first-year niner fans!

~Snake
I say we go pick up Justin Fargas due to his experience and work ethic.

What's your proof?

Google it...

Or just go back and read your own posts in this thread.
lol, Snake. You are not understanding whats going on. Yes Frank Gore did say he wants the ball but not in the way you are portraying it.

You are trying to portray Frank as a selfish player, which is far from the case.

Frank has also said he will do whatever it takes to win,but Frank and everybody else for that matter knows the more carries he gets the better he gets as well.

Frank Gore is a team player, The niners had to hide his helmet from him last night because he wanted to get back in their and help the team.
it totally sucks that he's gone, but he'll be back next season ready for another run. i for one have turned the page. as derek anderson once said:

[ Edited by GoldenIowa49er on Nov 30, 2010 at 12:43:03 ]
Share 49ersWebzone