LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 297 users in the forums

Frank Gore out for season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Dixon has 5 games to show us we do not have to spend a high draft pick on a RB next year.

Dixon is solid but he is no Frank Gore. If Frank can't come back we have to draft.

This.

Gore is an elite back. Dixon is a backup at best.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Wow to think this could derail his career, I can't even grasp that

Yeah, this is killing me. He is such a competitor I'd hate to have to tell him he can't play. Hope he has a fast recovery and is ready to go as soon as possible.
Dixon has 5 games to show us we do not have to spend a high draft pick on a RB next year.

Dixon is solid but he is no Frank Gore. If Frank can't come back we have to draft.

the combination of Westbrook and Dixon could be serviceable
Never give up on Frank. Two Knees totally reconstructed and he has been a BEAST in the NFL.

Frank will be okay and he'll be back.
Originally posted by jrg:

This.

Gore is an elite back. Dixon is a backup at best.

He has not really been able to show what kind of a RB he is in the regular season. Now he will be given a legitimate chance to prove that he is or is not an NFL RB. The guy looked really good in the pre-season and was a beast in the SEC. Do not sleep on him!
well i need something more positive, we know about bo jackson which was 15? years ago and priest holmes but whose had it and come back strong? always two sides to the injury coin, microfracture is supposed to be the surgery of death but you dont hear much about the guys that come back strong from it like amare stoudamire
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Never give up on Frank. Two Knees totally reconstructed and he has been a BEAST in the NFL.

a knee is not the same as a hip. There is an extreme about of force that is placed on the hip joint. This could be career ending for Gore.

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Method:
Hip injuries are nothing to f**k around with. Bo Jackson and Priest Holmes both had to end their careers way too early because of hip injuries. You gotta place some of the blame on Singletary, 40% of the plays to Gore? That's an NFL record percentage of usage for one player. Just a huge systematic failure of this team's structure this season.

Please come back healthy Frank.

I really hope this isn't a career ender, he is one of the few guys who gives 100% every single play.

Yeah but age and 5+yrs of being a featured back + this could= career over or a washed up RB.

Originally posted by ssahnan:
well i need something more positive, we know about bo jackson which was 15? years ago and priest holmes but whose had it and come back strong? always two sides to the injury coin, microfracture is supposed to be the surgery of death but you dont hear much about the guys that come back strong from it like amare stoudamire

Yeah I'm just hoping they developed some new procedures in the last decade to deal with it.
If it wasn't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all.
I gotta say Singletarys looking smarter than anybody thought, first bringing in Troy Smith when everyone was begging for Carr (I was at the Stick for the Sunday nighter vs. Philly and the whole stadium was behind Carr) and then he barely used WB the whole season just in case....and BAM Gore goes down we got a fresh WB for our playoff run...its gonna open up the offense because we cant give wb the ball everytime up the middle like frank it might be a good thing well see
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Please come back healthy Frank.
Share 49ersWebzone