-
backontop
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 14,346
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by backontop:
Troy has only looked good against 1 team and 1 team only and that was the Rams. He struggled against the Broncos and Cards and was shut out against the Bucs.
Who cares? He's 3-1 as a starter of a bad team that was 1-6 before he took over, and this without the benefit of training camp and while riding the bench as the 3rd stringer for the first 2 months (meaning no reps at all).
Seriously man, what exactly do you expect?
The second half of the season was the easiest stretch of the schedule. He SHOULD be 3-1 as a starter. IMHO the Bucs are a very average team that can only beat below .500 teams. They pretty much embarrassed us with Troy Smith as the QB. If Troy Smith was the QB against NO, PHL or even ATL we would have 3 or 4 shutouts.
You're delusional. First, you don't know what Troy would've done against NO, PHIL or ATL...nobody does, so to think that you do only makes you look foolish. Secondly, you have no sense of context. The team was 1-6 and had recently lost to the worst team in the league (CAR) who had ZERO wins before we came to town. THAT was supposed to be the easiest game on the schedule...but that's not how the NFL works.
It's easy for you to just write, "he should be 3-1." But I don't think you realize how mediocre this team is, and how limited the offense is both in philosophy and in its implementation (Troy is using a very small part of the playbook). Combine that with the overall inexperience of Troy and the wildly inconsistent play of the o-line, and you're dealing with an offense that is literally handicapped.
But hey, if that's what you believe...
I'm delusional because I actually see what is going on instead of swinging from Troy Smith's nutsack like he is the second coming of Joe Montana?
Sorry but Troy Smith is not playing very well at all. He has only played one good game and that was against the Rams. While yes I do not know what Troy Smith would have done against NO, PHL or ATL I can make an educated guess based on what he did against Tampa Bay. While I admit he might not have been shut out but there would be no way in hell we won any of those games. But hey if you want to keep claiming Troy Smith as the savior of the franchise be my guest.
Look up the term "straw man." You're saying stupid s**t like "second coming," "Joe Montana" and "savior of the franchise," when I've never said anything close to that. If you want to reply to me, keep it factual, especially if you're going to say that you're "seeing what's going on."
You're intelligence is severely lacking if you think that stating facts (Troy is 3-1 as a starter) is the equivalent of swinging from his nutsack.
So, if you're going to reply to me, stick the facts. I never said Troy was "the second coming" or Joe Montana or that he's the savior of the franchise" or even that he is playing well. I never said anything close to that, but you're so intent on winning some stupid internet argument that you'll resort to making s**t up.
Go back and read my posts, then reply with something smart if you want to continue.
Did I ever say that you used those terms? Make assumptions much? If you want to assume that my one post revolves around you then you are the one that is lacking in the intelligence department (nice personal attack by the way! Next time attack the post not the poster) Once again Troy SHOULD BE 3-1 as the starter. He played the Rams, Cards and Broncos. Even Jim Drukenmiller could have beat those teams. For YOU to assume that just because Troy Smith is 3-1 as a starter actually means something is pretty hilarious. Once again look at the teams that he played.
You want facts then lets give you some facts. Alex Smith faced teams that were and are over .500. Actually 4 of the 6 teams that Alex Smith faced are over .500 with the only loss to a sub .500 team being the team beating from Seattle. Troy Smith on the other hand, 3 of the 4 teams he has played have been under .500 with the only team above .500 handing us a shut out AT HOME! Oh and this team that beat us at home was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who haven't beat a team that is .500 or above yet this season.
Would Alex Smith be 3-1 if he started the games instead of Troy Smith? I don't know, but I am pretty confident that if Alex were still the starter than we would have beaten Carolina, Denver, St. Louis and AZ. As for Tampa I honestly don't have a clue. So I guess the fact that we are 1 game behind the Rams can be blamed on Singletary for putting in lame David Carr.
WTF was Sing supposed to do???????? Put in a veteran QB who has practiced with the team or someone who had no practice with the team??? He made the right choice then and he made the right choice when he did not let Carr back on the field. And he is certainly making the right choice by not putting Alex backin there.
True, they were out-coached and out played against Tampa. But obviously they made some adjuments as they put up more points than Alex has during his 1-6 start.
I don't get it. Troy has 1/10th of the practice time as Alex. Yet, is 3-1 and some of you think that 1-6 Alex should start? Troy beat the divional leader. Alex tricked-which led to a blow-out from the other. Alex was barely beating a team that had no wins before his injury. This does not mean that Troy has demonstrated that he is the answer; but he clearly has answered the question of rather or not Alex Smith is.
The David Carr scenario is one of hind sight. I'm simply just stating that IF Alex Smith had not been injured or if Troy Smith had gone in, then we would have won that game. In reference to the 1-6 record compared to 3-1, again look at the teams played. Our schedule was very front loaded while the remainder of the schedule was a lot easier.
To the comment about Alex barely beating a team that had 0 wins. We drove down the field on the opening drive and scored. Then in typical Singletary fashion attempted to sit on a 7 point lead in the 1st quarter.
Troy had no practice time while Carr did. His choice was a logical one. And no, you can not simply say that they would have won had Alex not been hurt. His resume is simply to inconsistent to guarantee it. The score was too close and there was too much time left in the game. I do agree with you that that they would have had a better chance with Alex than with Carr. But neither played well enough to bet the house on it.
True, Sing has been too conservative at times. On the other hand, can you blame him when your QB has never proven to be able to win a shoot-out? Never! I do believe though as he becomes more comfortable with Troy, he is enabling more of his playmakers to get involved. Never the less, his hit em the mouth temperment has actually produced 2 out of the last 3 superbowl winners. Pittsburgh and NY won the Superbowl by being physical and effectively running the ball. Sing does not have Drew or Peyton.
I don't care how tough the begining of the season was. 1-6 is not exceptable and better QB play would have resulted in more wins. If you think otherwise, then you are kidding yourself. Regardless, if Troy is going to prove himself as being the one, he has to play better.
Actually I do believe I can say that we would have won if Alex was not injured. Alex wasn't have a great day by any means but that is pretty hard when the play calling was that of one that would keep any QB from getting into a rhythm. David Carr couldn't even complete a pass. And if you would have actually read my post you would have not even brought Carr into the conversation. I will bold it for you so you can read it this time.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by backontop:
Troy has only looked good against 1 team and 1 team only and that was the Rams. He struggled against the Broncos and Cards and was shut out against the Bucs.
Who cares? He's 3-1 as a starter of a bad team that was 1-6 before he took over, and this without the benefit of training camp and while riding the bench as the 3rd stringer for the first 2 months (meaning no reps at all).
Seriously man, what exactly do you expect?
The second half of the season was the easiest stretch of the schedule. He SHOULD be 3-1 as a starter. IMHO the Bucs are a very average team that can only beat below .500 teams. They pretty much embarrassed us with Troy Smith as the QB. If Troy Smith was the QB against NO, PHL or even ATL we would have 3 or 4 shutouts.
You're delusional. First, you don't know what Troy would've done against NO, PHIL or ATL...nobody does, so to think that you do only makes you look foolish. Secondly, you have no sense of context. The team was 1-6 and had recently lost to the worst team in the league (CAR) who had ZERO wins before we came to town. THAT was supposed to be the easiest game on the schedule...but that's not how the NFL works.
It's easy for you to just write, "he should be 3-1." But I don't think you realize how mediocre this team is, and how limited the offense is both in philosophy and in its implementation (Troy is using a very small part of the playbook). Combine that with the overall inexperience of Troy and the wildly inconsistent play of the o-line, and you're dealing with an offense that is literally handicapped.
But hey, if that's what you believe...
I'm delusional because I actually see what is going on instead of swinging from Troy Smith's nutsack like he is the second coming of Joe Montana?
Sorry but Troy Smith is not playing very well at all. He has only played one good game and that was against the Rams. While yes I do not know what Troy Smith would have done against NO, PHL or ATL I can make an educated guess based on what he did against Tampa Bay. While I admit he might not have been shut out but there would be no way in hell we won any of those games. But hey if you want to keep claiming Troy Smith as the savior of the franchise be my guest.
Look up the term "straw man." You're saying stupid s**t like "second coming," "Joe Montana" and "savior of the franchise," when I've never said anything close to that. If you want to reply to me, keep it factual, especially if you're going to say that you're "seeing what's going on."
You're intelligence is severely lacking if you think that stating facts (Troy is 3-1 as a starter) is the equivalent of swinging from his nutsack.
So, if you're going to reply to me, stick the facts. I never said Troy was "the second coming" or Joe Montana or that he's the savior of the franchise" or even that he is playing well. I never said anything close to that, but you're so intent on winning some stupid internet argument that you'll resort to making s**t up.
Go back and read my posts, then reply with something smart if you want to continue.
Did I ever say that you used those terms? Make assumptions much? If you want to assume that my one post revolves around you then you are the one that is lacking in the intelligence department (nice personal attack by the way! Next time attack the post not the poster) Once again Troy SHOULD BE 3-1 as the starter. He played the Rams, Cards and Broncos. Even Jim Drukenmiller could have beat those teams. For YOU to assume that just because Troy Smith is 3-1 as a starter actually means something is pretty hilarious. Once again look at the teams that he played.
You want facts then lets give you some facts. Alex Smith faced teams that were and are over .500. Actually 4 of the 6 teams that Alex Smith faced are over .500 with the only loss to a sub .500 team being the team beating from Seattle. Troy Smith on the other hand, 3 of the 4 teams he has played have been under .500 with the only team above .500 handing us a shut out AT HOME! Oh and this team that beat us at home was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who haven't beat a team that is .500 or above yet this season.
Would Alex Smith be 3-1 if he started the games instead of Troy Smith? I don't know, but I am pretty confident that if Alex were still the starter than we would have beaten Carolina, Denver, St. Louis and AZ. As for Tampa I honestly don't have a clue. So I guess the fact that we are 1 game behind the Rams can be blamed on Singletary for putting in lame David Carr.
WTF was Sing supposed to do???????? Put in a veteran QB who has practiced with the team or someone who had no practice with the team??? He made the right choice then and he made the right choice when he did not let Carr back on the field. And he is certainly making the right choice by not putting Alex backin there.
True, they were out-coached and out played against Tampa. But obviously they made some adjuments as they put up more points than Alex has during his 1-6 start.
I don't get it. Troy has 1/10th of the practice time as Alex. Yet, is 3-1 and some of you think that 1-6 Alex should start? Troy beat the divional leader. Alex tricked-which led to a blow-out from the other. Alex was barely beating a team that had no wins before his injury. This does not mean that Troy has demonstrated that he is the answer; but he clearly has answered the question of rather or not Alex Smith is.
The David Carr scenario is one of hind sight. I'm simply just stating that IF Alex Smith had not been injured or if Troy Smith had gone in, then we would have won that game. In reference to the 1-6 record compared to 3-1, again look at the teams played. Our schedule was very front loaded while the remainder of the schedule was a lot easier.
To the comment about Alex barely beating a team that had 0 wins. We drove down the field on the opening drive and scored. Then in typical Singletary fashion attempted to sit on a 7 point lead in the 1st quarter.
Troy had no practice time while Carr did. His choice was a logical one. And no, you can not simply say that they would have won had Alex not been hurt. His resume is simply to inconsistent to guarantee it. The score was too close and there was too much time left in the game. I do agree with you that that they would have had a better chance with Alex than with Carr. But neither played well enough to bet the house on it.
True, Sing has been too conservative at times. On the other hand, can you blame him when your QB has never proven to be able to win a shoot-out? Never! I do believe though as he becomes more comfortable with Troy, he is enabling more of his playmakers to get involved. Never the less, his hit em the mouth temperment has actually produced 2 out of the last 3 superbowl winners. Pittsburgh and NY won the Superbowl by being physical and effectively running the ball. Sing does not have Drew or Peyton.
I don't care how tough the begining of the season was. 1-6 is not exceptable and better QB play would have resulted in more wins. If you think otherwise, then you are kidding yourself. Regardless, if Troy is going to prove himself as being the one, he has to play better.
Actually I do believe I can say that we would have won if Alex was not injured. Alex wasn't have a great day by any means but that is pretty hard when the play calling was that of one that would keep any QB from getting into a rhythm. David Carr couldn't even complete a pass. And if you would have actually read my post you would have not even brought Carr into the conversation. I will bold it for you so you can read it this time.
OK...you have more faithin Alex than I do or his reccord and inconsistent play suggest. That's fine. What ever floats your boat. So why don't I bold one for you though...you mentioning that putting Carr in the game was a bad decision without recognizing that he did not have much of a choice.
-
backontop
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 14,346
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by backontop:
Troy has only looked good against 1 team and 1 team only and that was the Rams. He struggled against the Broncos and Cards and was shut out against the Bucs.
Who cares? He's 3-1 as a starter of a bad team that was 1-6 before he took over, and this without the benefit of training camp and while riding the bench as the 3rd stringer for the first 2 months (meaning no reps at all).
Seriously man, what exactly do you expect?
The second half of the season was the easiest stretch of the schedule. He SHOULD be 3-1 as a starter. IMHO the Bucs are a very average team that can only beat below .500 teams. They pretty much embarrassed us with Troy Smith as the QB. If Troy Smith was the QB against NO, PHL or even ATL we would have 3 or 4 shutouts.
You're delusional. First, you don't know what Troy would've done against NO, PHIL or ATL...nobody does, so to think that you do only makes you look foolish. Secondly, you have no sense of context. The team was 1-6 and had recently lost to the worst team in the league (CAR) who had ZERO wins before we came to town. THAT was supposed to be the easiest game on the schedule...but that's not how the NFL works.
It's easy for you to just write, "he should be 3-1." But I don't think you realize how mediocre this team is, and how limited the offense is both in philosophy and in its implementation (Troy is using a very small part of the playbook). Combine that with the overall inexperience of Troy and the wildly inconsistent play of the o-line, and you're dealing with an offense that is literally handicapped.
But hey, if that's what you believe...
I'm delusional because I actually see what is going on instead of swinging from Troy Smith's nutsack like he is the second coming of Joe Montana?
Sorry but Troy Smith is not playing very well at all. He has only played one good game and that was against the Rams. While yes I do not know what Troy Smith would have done against NO, PHL or ATL I can make an educated guess based on what he did against Tampa Bay. While I admit he might not have been shut out but there would be no way in hell we won any of those games. But hey if you want to keep claiming Troy Smith as the savior of the franchise be my guest.
Look up the term "straw man." You're saying stupid s**t like "second coming," "Joe Montana" and "savior of the franchise," when I've never said anything close to that. If you want to reply to me, keep it factual, especially if you're going to say that you're "seeing what's going on."
You're intelligence is severely lacking if you think that stating facts (Troy is 3-1 as a starter) is the equivalent of swinging from his nutsack.
So, if you're going to reply to me, stick the facts. I never said Troy was "the second coming" or Joe Montana or that he's the savior of the franchise" or even that he is playing well. I never said anything close to that, but you're so intent on winning some stupid internet argument that you'll resort to making s**t up.
Go back and read my posts, then reply with something smart if you want to continue.
Did I ever say that you used those terms? Make assumptions much? If you want to assume that my one post revolves around you then you are the one that is lacking in the intelligence department (nice personal attack by the way! Next time attack the post not the poster) Once again Troy SHOULD BE 3-1 as the starter. He played the Rams, Cards and Broncos. Even Jim Drukenmiller could have beat those teams. For YOU to assume that just because Troy Smith is 3-1 as a starter actually means something is pretty hilarious. Once again look at the teams that he played.
You want facts then lets give you some facts. Alex Smith faced teams that were and are over .500. Actually 4 of the 6 teams that Alex Smith faced are over .500 with the only loss to a sub .500 team being the team beating from Seattle. Troy Smith on the other hand, 3 of the 4 teams he has played have been under .500 with the only team above .500 handing us a shut out AT HOME! Oh and this team that beat us at home was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who haven't beat a team that is .500 or above yet this season.
Would Alex Smith be 3-1 if he started the games instead of Troy Smith? I don't know, but I am pretty confident that if Alex were still the starter than we would have beaten Carolina, Denver, St. Louis and AZ. As for Tampa I honestly don't have a clue. So I guess the fact that we are 1 game behind the Rams can be blamed on Singletary for putting in lame David Carr.
WTF was Sing supposed to do???????? Put in a veteran QB who has practiced with the team or someone who had no practice with the team??? He made the right choice then and he made the right choice when he did not let Carr back on the field. And he is certainly making the right choice by not putting Alex backin there.
True, they were out-coached and out played against Tampa. But obviously they made some adjuments as they put up more points than Alex has during his 1-6 start.
I don't get it. Troy has 1/10th of the practice time as Alex. Yet, is 3-1 and some of you think that 1-6 Alex should start? Troy beat the divional leader. Alex tricked-which led to a blow-out from the other. Alex was barely beating a team that had no wins before his injury. This does not mean that Troy has demonstrated that he is the answer; but he clearly has answered the question of rather or not Alex Smith is.
The David Carr scenario is one of hind sight. I'm simply just stating that IF Alex Smith had not been injured or if Troy Smith had gone in, then we would have won that game. In reference to the 1-6 record compared to 3-1, again look at the teams played. Our schedule was very front loaded while the remainder of the schedule was a lot easier.
To the comment about Alex barely beating a team that had 0 wins. We drove down the field on the opening drive and scored. Then in typical Singletary fashion attempted to sit on a 7 point lead in the 1st quarter.
Troy had no practice time while Carr did. His choice was a logical one. And no, you can not simply say that they would have won had Alex not been hurt. His resume is simply to inconsistent to guarantee it. The score was too close and there was too much time left in the game. I do agree with you that that they would have had a better chance with Alex than with Carr. But neither played well enough to bet the house on it.
True, Sing has been too conservative at times. On the other hand, can you blame him when your QB has never proven to be able to win a shoot-out? Never! I do believe though as he becomes more comfortable with Troy, he is enabling more of his playmakers to get involved. Never the less, his hit em the mouth temperment has actually produced 2 out of the last 3 superbowl winners. Pittsburgh and NY won the Superbowl by being physical and effectively running the ball. Sing does not have Drew or Peyton.
I don't care how tough the begining of the season was. 1-6 is not exceptable and better QB play would have resulted in more wins. If you think otherwise, then you are kidding yourself. Regardless, if Troy is going to prove himself as being the one, he has to play better.
Actually I do believe I can say that we would have won if Alex was not injured. Alex wasn't have a great day by any means but that is pretty hard when the play calling was that of one that would keep any QB from getting into a rhythm. David Carr couldn't even complete a pass. And if you would have actually read my post you would have not even brought Carr into the conversation. I will bold it for you so you can read it this time.
OK...you have more faithin Alex than I do or his reccord and inconsistent play suggest. That's fine. What ever floats your boat. So why don't I bold one for you though...you mentioning that putting Carr in the game was a bad decision without recognizing that he did not have much of a choice.
yes but I also mentioned that it was a bad decision because I already know the outcome hence the term hindsight.
-
Bluefalcon61
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 46,601
Troy completed at least several passes over the middle last night.
The TD pass to Crabtree on a deep post was excellent, and there was that one pass that he got out quickly to VD on a ..'gasp' ...short drop. Nice. Now he needs to do that more often and more consistently.
The rest of his performance was uneven and he made the first (in my book) "JTO WTF" caliber bad throw on that almost backward pass that should never be thrown by a competent NFL QB.
-
49ersalldaway126
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 14,549
some good passes and some not so good passes however he did have a positive factor so i would put that but if were putting this on a grading scale i would say B- we had a lot of good field position but still werent able to move the ball as effectivly against a mediocore team
-
SoCold
- Hall of Dumb
-
- Posts: 133,158
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Troy completed at least several passes over the middle last night.
The TD pass to Crabtree on a deep post was excellent, and there was that one pass that he got out quickly to VD on a ..'gasp' ...short drop. Nice. Now he needs to do that more often and more consistently.
The rest of his performance was uneven and he made the first (in my book) "JTO WTF" caliber bad throw on that almost backward pass that should never be thrown by a competent NFL QB.
agree I'd give him a solid C he passed
Two throws I didn't like were the overthrown ball to Crabs near the 10 and the VD pass out of the back of the endzone
-
Shifty
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 23,429
I'd give him like a C+ stats would have looked a lot better had Crabtree not messed up that catch. Also he should have hit Crabs on another play in the redzone which would have been a TD
-
leebert81
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 2,164
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by dtmoney49er:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Troy makes some good deep passes. Although, he is not accurate on short and mid range passes. This is obviously crucial. He has the intangibles, but unfortunately he is too inaccurate to be a quality starting NFL QB. He managed the game okay today, but overall he didn't play that well. At least he hasn't been a turnover machine.
I'm gonna get ripped for this, but in this extremely small sample size Alex Smith looks better. He is more accurate on the short and mid range passes, although, Troy throws the deep ball better. If Alex gets this kind of run support he would have obviously wont this game.
WHAT??? wasn't Alex smith the one who struggled all year in short and mid-range passes (ex:overthrown tochdown to Norris and a thousand other bad passes). dang i wonder when people gonna get over Alex, he's benched and he still a cancer. People just can't be happy for a QB who's winning. please get Alex out of your mind,He will only lead to ulcers and tumors
Bro, don't be blinded. Stay rational at all times. Troy hasn't played well. You seen Alex play this year right? He has played as well, if not better than Troy. They both are inconsistent. The last two games have been a little hard on the eyes when it comes to the passing game. The Bucs game was a hideous performance, even Alex has never looked that bad. This game was ugly besides the Crabtree pass. AZ gave us that game. Mike Johnson is scared to throw the ball on third and six or beyond with Troy. I'm happy with the win, but I'm gonna keep it real at all times.
LB
-
DaveWilcox
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 3,717
Troy played well enough, not good, not bad...just average. I would give him a C grade for his performance last night.
But it's hard to grade his performance because...
The Cardinals are bad, really bad.
They got waxed on their home field on MNF, by an average (at best) 49er team.
-
leebert81
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 2,164
I think Troy may have a decent upside but only time will tell. The thing I like the most about him is he's not a turn over machine. It will be interesting to see the game plan next week in GB. They better mix it up and let him throw because we're not going to run up the gut against that D all day long.
LB
-
fryet
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 3,386
I wish they would put Alex Smith in, he gives the 49ers their best chance to win, but that probably won't happen unless Troy gets hurt. So I fully expect a loss against Green Bay. Sad.
-
dj43
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 38,395
A generous C. Without the very good throw to Crabtree for the TD, it would have been a D.
It is obvious Sing/Johnson do not have a lot of confidence in him, and justifiably so.
Johnson needs to stay simple in the playbook but keep him on the same side of the field and give him more short routes. Play design is still a major weakness in this offense.
-
Joecool
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 70,984
Originally posted by dj43:
A generous C. Without the very good throw to Crabtree for the TD, it would have been a D.
It is obvious Sing/Johnson do not have a lot of confidence in him, and justifiably so.
Johnson needs to stay simple in the playbook but keep him on the same side of the field and give him more short routes. Play design is still a major weakness in this offense.
I give him a C- because he missed some throws. He missed a TD to Vernon and some other throws that were off target. He did zip in some other nice ones but he took a sack in FG range (appears to be a reoccurring issue with him) and an almost sack that should have been intentional grounding in FG range. The QB can NEVER be the reason why a team doesn't score once they are in FG range, NEVER!
-
HessianDud
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 22,995
It wasn't good.
I'd give him a C. He made a couple of throws, a couple of mistakes that against a good team would have killed us, but he didn't really have to do much. Hard to assess anyone on this team after last night, actually, because ARI just didn't care.
Troy has made some plays and shown flashes but now that we have a solid body of work to look at, he is obviously very raw. I would really like to see what he does with a full offseason of work, because right now he is very limited. I find it hard to believe that our record right now would be worse than it is if Alex were starting. In fact, I think we'd be one game better, because we would have beat Carolina.
-
bigmike55
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 3,474
I can sense all the Alex supporters getting mad that Troy is performing well so far, minus the Tampa game. 3-1, and y'all are saying to take him out and put Alex back in? WTF. If Troy Smith had 6 years with the niners, I guarantee his win loss record would be much better than Alex Smith's.
Troy Smith is a winner.
Alex Smith is a loser.
It's quite simple actually.