There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Field Poll: Troy's Performance Tonight

Field Poll: Troy's Performance Tonight

I'd like to get on record how you think T.Smith will perform tonight. I've been a supporter of Smith since day one. I dont think what we saw was luck or a fluke. Put my vote down as a "positive factor!"
i think he'll go out and try to make plays.
Troy looks like a smart dude and has a lot of talent. I bet he's worked hard so that he won't have a repeat of the Bucs game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Troy looks like a smart dude and has a lot of talent. I bet he's worked hard so that he won't have a repeat of the Bucs game.

I hope the whole offense worked hard so they won't have a repeat of the Bucs game.
Alex is a better QB than Troy
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I hope the whole offense worked hard so they won't have a repeat of the Bucs game.

Including the coaches!
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Facts, logic, and results disagree with you; but, you are entitled to your opinion.

[ Edited by D_Niner on Nov 29, 2010 at 09:48:06 ]

Glad somebody knows the truth...
I'm not expecting much from either Smith.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Glad somebody knows the truth...

Troy needs a 6 year test-run like they gave Alex, then it will be a fair comparison.
Originally posted by boast:
i think he'll go out and try to make plays.

Thanks for the indepth analysis. You should be a Niner beat writer.

He is still limited by the lack of talent around him - receivers who can't get open, inconsistent line play, smallest playbook in the league, etc.

It would be nice to see a great revelation tonight but I have no such illusions. He is a nice college QB with limitations at the pro level.
My guess is that the AZ defense will try the same formula that the Bucs D did on Troy.

Contain him in the pocket and force him to throw from the middle into the short middle. Not just screens and short dumpoffs, but slants, crossing patterns, or seams where the receiver just sits and hopes Troy finds him.

IMO, Troy has to make a few of these throws early and make the Cards pay and defend the whole field. The Cards will stack against Frank Gore as usual.

Question is, will the Niner gameplan consciously attempt to do that or go again with what Troy is comfortable doing (roll outs, sideline passes, deep passes).
I think he'll play much better than he did last week; that may not translate into a win, but he'll play better. The Tards are really bad defensively across the board. In reality, we should win this game handily, but I have ZERO faith in this coaching staff to put together an intelligent game plan.
The two Smith can walk into the sunset together to another team @ end of season; both suck