There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you fire singletary if we go 7-9 but make the playoffs?

Originally posted by Wodwo:

YES. What he said...
Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
singletary i believe has to go 8-8 ar 9-7 to make playoffs to keep job that said if he does keep job we need experienced offensive coordinator like dennis green norv turner maybe and the problem is singletary cant recruit a good offensive coordinator because he wants to micro manage and tell oc which play to call run run run on 3 and 4 get real if he doesnt make playoffs which he probably wont we need to hire offensive minded coach like john gruden steve marriuci mike holmgren i prefer coach with west coast roots we strayed to far from bill walsh offensive system that keep us contending for title from 1981 to 1998 the loss 21-0 to tampa bay reflect horrible offense we had not been shut out in 33 years at home im only 30 yrs old it was 1st shutout ive have ever witnessed and its not something i could get used to

Agreed... Bring back a West-Coast-style HC... NOW!!!
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
You fire sing no matter what happens, because he is the worst coach in the history of the NFL.
He fied regardless after this season with bigger name head coaches available

Stop asking about Sing for the love of Pete
Originally posted by egoonda:
Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
singletary i believe has to go 8-8 ar 9-7 to make playoffs to keep job that said if he does keep job we need experienced offensive coordinator like dennis green norv turner maybe and the problem is singletary cant recruit a good offensive coordinator because he wants to micro manage and tell oc which play to call run run run on 3 and 4 get real if he doesnt make playoffs which he probably wont we need to hire offensive minded coach like john gruden steve marriuci mike holmgren i prefer coach with west coast roots we strayed to far from bill walsh offensive system that keep us contending for title from 1981 to 1998 the loss 21-0 to tampa bay reflect horrible offense we had not been shut out in 33 years at home im only 30 yrs old it was 1st shutout ive have ever witnessed and its not something i could get used to

Agreed... Bring back a West-Coast-style HC... NOW!!!

Thanks you for agreeing I know the 33 years streak of not being shut out at home would still be intact if we had west coast offensive minded head coach
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Making the playoffs would be Fools Gold and should not be considered the benchmark of a successful season.

If the 49ers somehow managed to make the playofffs, which I doubt. They would become the least deserving team in the history of the NFL to make the playoffs.

Regardless of what the team does for the remainder of the season, Sing needs to go.

Sing has been exposed as woefully unqualified for an NFL head coaching job.
We need a proven, offensive minded coach
At this point, any more victories from this team, is a vouch, for this inept offensive approach week in and week out. No... I do not want to be a loser team, in the play-offs with an upside down record. I'm not saying they should quit, and roll over. However, just ask the Warriors about how getting Nellie to his all-time wins record worked out for them, with Udoh instead of Cousins....
STOP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION

We're waiting until the end of the year when there are more options at HC

IT'S OBVIOUS
The Rams will finish 8-8 so we would need to go 8-8 to make the playoffs. Look at the Rams Schedule and 8-8 is easy and 9-7 if they beat us.
Originally posted by backontop:
yes

/thread
Originally posted by cxzhou83:

This thread is irrelevant because we're not going 7-9, 5-11 sounds about right and the number 8-10 pick assuming no lock out next year.

Agreed. We are not going to win four of the next six. We have to play GB and SD on the road, and someone or someones are still going to beat us beyond those two.

Staring at 6-10 as the best it is going to get.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Ghostface, has it right. The 49ers aren't going 7-9, they're not making the playoffs, and Singletary will be let go as a consequence.
u havent been paying attention the past couple of months huh?

REPORTS ARE........SINGLETARY MUST NOT ONLY WIN THE DIVISION BUT HE MUST GO FAR IN THE PLAYOFFS TO HAVE ANY HOPE TO KEEP HIS JOB

the ice keeps on getting thinner underneath his feet soon it will crack & take him down for good
We fired Mooch for much less so yes. Definitely.

I think we fired Mooch after the team went 10-6 and made it to the divisional round of the playoffs.