There are 366 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
55-10 Niners win
Originally posted by valrod33:
55-10 Niners win

Can the Pack complete the trifecta? Probably not, but its fun to hope.
I'm ready........

Gore's injury may actually help us against GB. Our issue against the better teams is that they take full advantage of our predictability. In prior years, we have not fared well without Frank Gore but we have never had a legit backup. This season, our backup is as good as a starter and a very versatile on at that. We may have a very nice change of pace if we include Dixon in the mix.

Now, GB would have normally game planned Gore up the middle from LG to RG and they would have predicted probably 70% of our runs. With Westbrook, they don't have much of an idea what we may do on offense and when teams can't predict what we do, we usually have a good game.

This will also force Singletary into approving a more ball spread attack. I don't know fellas, we may give GB a run for their money.
I want to believe in Singletary, in their beliefs, in his crucifix, in their stupid decisions during a game... but it's not easy

our team is not so bad, but i don't know.... Troy is a leader, a motivated guy, but i feel that is a bit limited... 3rd and 15, 3rd and 8... and choose to run against the weak cardinals...

but i hope that he and our o-line have a great game, and not going to die destroyed by Clay Matthews... but if this happen, i hope that a fast and furious Alex replace troy in the same game and play the best football that has never had in your stupid career and say to Rodgers "I'm the best!, I was the first pick!"

I want to believe at least a week more

niners win 27-24
We need the Oline to play the way they did against ARI (Unlikely, since ARI flat-out gave up before the game started, and GB is superior in every way defensively).

And we need Westbrook to run the way he did against ARI. (Unlikely, since ARI flat-out gave up before the game started, and GB is superior in every way defensively).

And we need the defense to play the way it did against ARI. (Unlikely, since ARI is flat-out garbage, and GB is superior in every way offensively).

And we need Troy Smith to play 100 times better than he did against ARI. (Unlikely, since he was below-average against a terrible ARI team, and GB is superior in every way defensively).

And we need our receivers to make big plays and help out Troy by making tough catches (Unlikely, because they've rarely done that all year and I have no faith that the coaches will be able to make that sink in during a short week).

And we need our coaches to really be prepared. (Just unlikely no matter who we play.)

...It's gonna be an ugly game.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Gore's injury may actually help us against GB. Our issue against the better teams is that they take full advantage of our predictability. In prior years, we have not fared well without Frank Gore but we have never had a legit backup. This season, our backup is as good as a starter and a very versatile on at that. We may have a very nice change of pace if we include Dixon in the mix.

Now, GB would have normally game planned Gore up the middle from LG to RG and they would have predicted probably 70% of our runs. With Westbrook, they don't have much of an idea what we may do on offense and when teams can't predict what we do, we usually have a good game.

This will also force Singletary into approving a more ball spread attack. I don't know fellas, we may give GB a run for their money.

Not sure this is the case. The one thing Frank brings is help with pass-protection. This will be sorely missed. Because of our insistence on keeping Westbrook on the sidelines, I don't know if he's as familiar with pass protection.

The one thing I do like is that the Packers have an over-pursuing defense and that's great for misdirection.

If we aren't helping Anthony Davis, then I don't think the RB blocking will help us much against the Packers. This and along with making Troy Smith moving around in the pocket.

Also, I think coaching is exaggerating when they explain why Westbrook wasn't getting playing time as their statements have been contradicted by a lot of things. And to think, one of the smartest players (said by Andy Reid) can't figure out blitz pickups is absurd. He seemed to do just fine yesterday.
I hate the packers...boom boom boom
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
All Alex the fanboys might get to see the object of their affection because Clay Mathews might put the beat down on Troy.

Our oline is decimated. Baas has a concussion, Rachal is injured (again), we have a backup LT, and the other two linemen are still rookies. Without a solid oline, it doesn't matter if Gore or Westbrook is back there running the ball.

I sure hope that Solari, Brown, and Johnson devise a plan to solve that 3-4 front, otherwise we'll see Clay Matthews in the backfield harrassing Blacksmith A LOT!
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Early game
on the road
on Lambeau Field
in December
no Frank Gore

You left out short week for Niners to prepare, Green Bay lost last week and needs to bounce back, loss of olinemen and the grudge that Aaron Rodgers has for passing him in the draft.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Our oline is decimated. Baas has a concussion, Rachal is injured (again), we have a backup LT, and the other two linemen are still rookies. Without a solid oline, it doesn't matter if Gore or Westbrook is back there running the ball.

I sure hope that Solari, Brown, and Johnson devise a plan to solve that 3-4 front, otherwise we'll see Clay Matthews in the backfield harrassing Blacksmith A LOT!

Thank god! Let's hope Rachal won't start.

I lost track, is Heitmann ready to go?
Originally posted by Blitz:

he is on IR, he aint pretty no more
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Blitz:

he is on IR, he aint pretty no more

Accck....big suck.
Share 49ersWebzone