LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We can take Rodgers out of his game by keeping our offense on the field running the ball. They are 18th in rushing D. Also, they don't have a running game to speak of either so we could use more defensive backs as opposed to LBs to counter him. That would make that O one dimensional even with Rodgers.

Our OL must continue to build off their momentum from last night. They have to move the chains and keep using Westbrook and Dixon to pound them all day like they did with AZ. We just may be able to keep Rodgers from scoring too many points.

However, there are so many aspects of this game that go against us like a short week, traveling back East, different time zone and of course the loss of Gore. Still, I think we actually have a chance as long as we can use the same blue print that worked against AZ.

I believe we take a page out of Atlanta's defensive game plan to stifle Mike McCarthy's offense.

This may be closer than peeps think. I'm expecting a loss so anything positive in this game is a bonus!
Dear Secondary,

Please for once this season against a good team look for the ball and create a turnover. Minimize the big plays and don't miss tackles.
Originally posted by ninertico:
We can take Rodgers out of his game by keeping our offense on the field running the ball. They are 18th in rushing D. Also, they don't have a running game to speak of either so we could use more defensive backs as opposed to LBs to counter him. That would make that O one dimensional even with Rodgers.

Our OL must continue to build off their momentum from last night. They have to move the chains and keep using Westbrook and Dixon to pound them all day like they did with AZ. We just may be able to keep Rodgers from scoring too many points.

However, there are so many aspects of this game that go against us like a short week, traveling back East, different time zone and of course the loss of Gore. Still, I think we actually have a chance as long as we can use the same blue print that worked against AZ.

I believe we take a page out of Atlanta's defensive game plan to stifle Mike McCarthy's offense.

This may be closer than peeps think. I'm expecting a loss so anything positive in this game is a bonus!

no kiddin, this might be a good game to morph to a 4-down nickel base. on o, troy's gonna need to nail those touch passes to the flat and underneaths. would also be a real good time for crab to get "in sych" with his qb..

I wonder if it is easier for us to run against 3-4 defenses because Iupati is pretty much free to hit the second level or DT and that's a big force to run behind. Rachal is also good at hitting the second level.
We're gona get whupped. Bad.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I wonder if it is easier for us to run against 3-4 defenses because Iupati is pretty much free to hit the second level or DT and that's a big force to run behind. Rachal is also good at hitting the second level.

This may be very true. We can't get sucked into the "they suck against the run" thing because that's what happened to us with Tampa.

Yeah, we made the Tampa adjustments after the game, as usual. Now GB will come out with something to stop us and we will adjust for the team after GB.
Do not let anybody attempt to block Matthews Jr. one on one for any extended period of time.
Let's be real... If we limit our turnovers we may have a chance to steal this thing
After reading some of Sing's quotes it seems he will continue with his run up the middle belief. I think he is the only person in the league that doesn't realize that the Tards are a horrible team, he was actually encouraged by last night's performance.

Westbrook will not have the same success against GB and Clay is going to destroy the OL, we may even see Carr after Clay takes out Troy and Alex.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
After reading some of Sing's quotes it seems he will continue with his run up the middle belief. I think he is the only person in the league that doesn't realize that the Tards are a horrible team, he was actually encouraged by last night's performance.

Westbrook will not have the same success against GB and Clay is going to destroy the OL, we may even see Carr after Clay takes out Troy and Alex.

What makes it worse is that our solid wins are when we are able to run. What is even more frustrating is that Singletary completely ignores the fact that we also don't win when we are too predictable by running the way he wants. Since we are 4-7, his theory fails more than it works.

we're gunna get demolished
we something in common with Green Bay this year..........

WE BOTH HAVE OUR STARTING RB'S ON IR

Green Bay can not run the ball to save their lives. Get ready for the Aaron Rodgers show.
arse whoopin'.........secondary is going to get torched

[ Edited by VA9erfan on Nov 30, 2010 at 12:26:05 ]
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
arse whoopin'.........secondary is going to get torched

We will shut them down!

Shooot!
Share 49ersWebzone