There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Time and time again it has been proven

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by TDNiners:
that if your offensive game plan centered around Gore 99% of the time the 49ers will lose.

Gore is not in the mold of other famous 49er backs. He is not explosive, one dimensional, and can't create his own holes. He is OK. Not a superstar. He is not a threat to take it all the way. There is no fear.

I rather have the offensive game plan center around Davis, Walker, Crabtree.
Brian Westbrook would be better compliment to Davis, Walker, Crabtree than Gore.

Gore is not a threat. Defense are jumping for joy every time we give it or pass it to Gore.

If we didn't insist of feeding Gore for 5 years, we would have passing by now.

You can almost here the collective "Oh no!" from 49er fans everytime Gore touches the ball.

Gore is a stud, but he's not going to beat a stacked box, and we evidently don't have a QB on the roster that will scare opponent into trying to defend the pass instead of the run. On top of that, we have a coach stuck in 1980s (I'm surprised Sing doesn't have a mullet) that wants to stubbornly center our offense around the run. To blame all this on Gore is foolish though IMO.

Gore hasn't done a damn thing this season.

Take away the dink and dunk passes from Smith and what has Gore done RUNNING the ball? #10 in rushing yards and #24 in TD's. Yeaaa that is someone we should really be centering our offense on. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Frank Gore, but I just don't think he is someone that the offense should be centered around. He doesn't have the ability to turn nothing into something.
It starts with the owners, but I won't there now.

Next, it starts with the intelligence of our HC. All year, we witness head-scratching use (or failure to use) various personnel. We sign Westbrook and rarely use him. We continue to use Rachel when he screws up over and over. We have guys like Dixon and rarely use him, while TB signs Blount and he is already a major contributor. We continue to play Anthony Davis even though he does not appear ready for prime time.

Dumb is as dumb does.
I think what the original poster actually wanted to say was Gore is a stud. Gore is not one dimensional and Gore is a threat to take it to the house or gain chunks of yards on any given play BUT his greatness comes with the detriment of all the other players we have who simply get ignored in this offense. Defenses aren't dumb they know the way to beat us is stop Gore and make us pass or to get ahead early and force us away from the run...pretty damn good strategy honestly being that we can't adjust if Gore isn't doing well.
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I think what the original poster actually wanted to say was Gore is a stud. Gore is not one dimensional and Gore is a threat to take it to the house or gain chunks of yards on any given play BUT his greatness comes with the detriment of all the other players we have who simply get ignored in this offense. Defenses aren't dumb they know the way to beat us is stop Gore and make us pass or to get ahead early and force us away from the run...pretty damn good strategy honestly being that we can't adjust if Gore isn't doing well.

that is because Singletary is all about "staying the course"
"That Mike Sinlgetary isn't up for the job." That is what I expected to read...
Originally posted by TDNiners:
that if your offensive game plan centered around Gore 99% of the time the 49ers will lose.

Gore is not in the mold of other famous 49er backs. He is not explosive, one dimensional, and can't create his own holes. He is OK. Not a superstar. He is not a threat to take it all the way. There is no fear.

I rather have the offensive game plan center around Davis, Walker, Crabtree.
Brian Westbrook would be better compliment to Davis, Walker, Crabtree than Gore.

Gore is not a threat. Defense are jumping for joy every time we give it or pass it to Gore.

If we didn't insist of feeding Gore for 5 years, we would have passing by now.

You can almost here the collective "Oh no!" from 49er fans everytime Gore touches the ball.

This is utterly ridiculous.

There are exactly TWO players on this team that could have played on the Joe Montana and Steve Young teams: Patrick Willis and Frank Gore.

Gore is powerful, explosive and can go all day without taking plays off. Now that he's proven he can stay healthy he is easily in the top five running backs in the NFL and certainly the top back in the pathetically weak NFC West.

Or maybe you'd like to trade Gore away for Beanie Wells, Marshawn Lynch or Stephen Jackson? I wouldn't.

Anyone who says Frank Gore is the problem doesn't understand the problem.
I think Andy Lee could have beaten out Klaus Wilmsmeyer and Barry Helton
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I think Andy Lee could have beaten out Klaus Wilmsmeyer and Barry Helton

D'OH! True that!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Take away the dink and dunk passes from Smith and what has Gore done RUNNING the ball? #10 in rushing yards and #24 in TD's. Yeaaa that is someone we should really be centering our offense on. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Frank Gore, but I just don't think he is someone that the offense should be centered around. He doesn't have the ability to turn nothing into something.

Ok, obviously you didn't watch this. Really. Watch it. Then tell me Frank Gore can't turn nothing into something.

Our o-line is blocking like crap and the defense knows where we're running the ball. It's on the coaching, not Gore.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Ok, obviously you didn't watch this. Really. Watch it. Then tell me Frank Gore can't turn nothing into something.

Our o-line is blocking like crap and the defense knows where we're running the ball. It's on the coaching, not Gore.

I would watch it but videos are blocked at work.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Crap. Umm....

Originally posted by Wodwo:

Crap. Umm....

I am saying that Gore hasn't really done that this season. Gore hasn't really been effective at all this season outside of catching passes out of the backfield.
Actually gore is a top three back in the leagie to cj and ap but..........cj and ap might be worse if they were on the niners with our ol. If gore was on the vikings or titans with their ol he might be ready for at least 2000 all purpose yards with 1700 plus rushing. What is he first or second for all purpose yards..
...Ignorant post. He actually is a superstar and the best person on our offense so we cpuld build an offense around him but should not because the ol is so terrible. Its sad how the ol is the big reason for the failure of a season we are having
Originally posted by elguapo:
Actually gore is a top three back in the leagie to cj and ap but..........cj and ap might be worse if they were on the niners with our ol. If gore was on the vikings or titans with their ol he might be ready for at least 2000 all purpose yards with 1700 plus rushing. What is he first or second for all purpose yards..
...Ignorant post. He actually is a superstar and the best person on our offense so we cpuld build an offense around him but should not because the ol is so terrible. Its sad how the ol is the big reason for the failure of a season we are having

2nd in all purpose yards only due to the fact that Alex Smith had to dump the ball off to him so often because of the OLine.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I am saying that Gore hasn't really done that this season. Gore hasn't really been effective at all this season outside of catching passes out of the backfield.

That was my point. Gore is capable of doing it, but the o-line is not blocking well and we run the same damn play every time, so the defense piles in the gap.

I know he's made stuff out of nothing this season, though. Can't find anything to show you.