LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Time and time again it has been proven

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by TDNiners:
that if your offensive game plan centered around Gore 99% of the time the 49ers will lose.

Gore is not in the mold of other famous 49er backs. He is not explosive, one dimensional, and can't create his own holes. He is OK. Not a superstar. He is not a threat to take it all the way. There is no fear.

I rather have the offensive game plan center around Davis, Walker, Crabtree.
Brian Westbrook would be better compliment to Davis, Walker, Crabtree than Gore.

Gore is not a threat. Defense are jumping for joy every time we give it or pass it to Gore.

If we didn't insist of feeding Gore for 5 years, we would have passing by now.

You can almost here the collective "Oh no!" from 49er fans everytime Gore touches the ball.

What a joke.

No RB in the league would have success behind that O-Line the way they played today. No RB in 49ers history would have, either. Remove your head from your rear end before you post again.

Tell that to Barry Sanders who played behind one of the worst OLines in the NFL.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
that if your offensive game plan centered around Gore 99% of the time the 49ers will lose.

Gore is not in the mold of other famous 49er backs. He is not explosive, one dimensional, and can't create his own holes. He is OK. Not a superstar. He is not a threat to take it all the way. There is no fear.

Brian Westbrook would be better compliment to Davis, Walker, Crabtree than Gore.

Gore is not a threat. Defense are jumping for joy every time we give it or pass it to Gore.

You can almost here the collective "Oh no!" from 49er fans everytime Gore touches the ball.

What a joke.

No RB in the league would have success behind that O-Line the way they played today. No RB in 49ers history would have, either. Remove your head from your rear end before you post again.

And somehow the O-line just decided to mail it in today. This O-line isn't a line of All-pros by any stretch, but something tells me that when the D planned for what you wanted to do, was ready for it, and you did it anyway, you'll end up sucking.
Baas had his worst day of the season. He missed several blitz and stunt pickups and it seemed there were multiple times when he had the wrong calls on, or else they just plain fooled him.

This game is a good example of the fact that in this league if the other team knows what you are going to do, even a weak team will stop it much of the time.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Gore does not a team make

His production does not justify the number of touches he gets. We need fresh legs in there. There is no reason why Westbrook and Dixon can't carry the ball for a series or two a couple times a game.

When the games on the line, yes I want Frank Gore. But, we are waisting his talent and tacking on the miles acting like nothing good can happen if we take him out of the game.. Outside of a few plays here and there, Gore hasn't been a game changer. You cannot convince me that with all the carries and passes Gore sees he doesn't get tired. Then we call WB name for one play and he's out. Are you f**king joking? I love Frank, but even too much of a good thing is bad for you.
frank is great and all, but honestly, with the gameplan we have, in a weird kind of way, gore hurts our chances of winning
Frank is a very multitalented back and he's certainly a threat to take it to the house.....if you don't believe that then watch either Seahawks game from last season.

But when the defense knows he's getting the ball on basically every play it's not hard to shut him down.

1 guy can't beat 11
Originally posted by 209ers:
frank is great and all, but honestly, with the gameplan we have, in a weird kind of way, gore hurts our chances of winning

Sometimes I feel that way too, but then I remember what happened when Frank got hurt last year. Glen Coffee took over for three games and instead of it being 3 yards and a cloud of dust it was 1.5.
Originally posted by 209ers:

that's because all the defenses have to do is gameplan for is Gore. Singeltary hasn't exactly been secretive about wanting to run Gore up the gut 10000 times a game.
NFC West all lost, we're still in it!!!!
I was 100% positive that the niners would be smart enough to conclude the buccaneers would expect them to base their game plan on running the ball, and then in turn devise a passing game strategy too fool them, doing play action and alot quick passes to beat the run blitzing. I was so sure that I was worried the Buccaneers might not be fooled into biting on the run.

Turns out the niners were just dumb and Tampa Bay knew it. I really don't buy this "Oh Frank Gore is just average and can't make his own holes" stuff, everyone knows Frank's an elite back with great vision who can fit his body into the tiniest of holes, it's repeated on TV every sunday by even the novice announcers. This line is just terrible, and actually, the whole damn system is terrible, starting at the top. If we get a good offensive coach in here, I think the talent will eventually emerge. Or maybe I just hope it will.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

Gore is a stud, but he's not going to beat a stacked box, and we evidently don't have a QB on the roster that will scare opponent into trying to defend the pass instead of the run. On top of that, we have a coach stuck in 1980s (I'm surprised Sing doesn't have a mullet) that wants to stubbornly center our offense around the run. To blame all this on Gore is foolish though IMO.

I think what the original poster actually wanted to say was Gore is a stud. Gore is not one dimensional and Gore is a threat to take it to the house or gain chunks of yards on any given play BUT his greatness comes with the detriment of all the other players we have who simply get ignored in this offense. Defenses aren't dumb they know the way to beat us is stop Gore and make us pass or to get ahead early and force us away from the run...pretty damn good strategy honestly being that we can't adjust if Gore isn't doing well.
Originally posted by Shaj:

Gore is a stud, but he's not going to beat a stacked box, and we evidently don't have a QB on the roster that will scare opponent into trying to defend the pass instead of the run. On top of that, we have a coach stuck in 1980s (I'm surprised Sing doesn't have a mullet) that wants to stubbornly center our offense around the run. To blame all this on Gore is foolish though IMO.

Gore hasn't done a damn thing this season.
Originally posted by backontop:

Gore hasn't done a damn thing this season.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Gore does not a team make

His production does not justify the number of touches he gets. We need fresh legs in there. There is no reason why Westbrook and Dixon can't carry the ball for a series or two a couple times a game.

When the games on the line, yes I want Frank Gore. But, we are waisting his talent and tacking on the miles acting like nothing good can happen if we take him out of the game.. Outside of a few plays here and there, Gore hasn't been a game changer. You cannot convince me that with all the carries and passes Gore sees he doesn't get tired. Then we call WB name for one play and he's out. Are you f**king joking? I love Frank, but even too much of a good thing is bad for you.

14 - 0 when Gore get 24+ carries.

I also love me some Gore, but Westbrook is a dynamic player. Shoot, why aren't we putting him in as our slot WR? The Eagles did that all the time. Could be in there a lot. I don't know what's going on with him. Just not creative enough, I guess. That or Westbrook doesn't have much left in the tank.

As far as convincing you about Gore not getting tired... do you know how hard the dude trains in the offseason? I really don't think he's tired unless he says he is. That's not the issue... it's the wear and tear on his body.

It's just really hard to take Gore out of the game. He's just on another level right now than most backs in the league. Still.... He's getting around 20 carries a game... 8th in the league. Then you add on the 4 or 5 catches a game and he's around 24 touches a game. That's a bit high....

I think it just boils down to Gore being too good to take off the field. I mean... Westbrook and Dixon are both averaging 1.8 yards a carry. Gore knows the protections better than Westbrook (and is just a better blocker) and he's almost as good a receiver (could be better right now, haven't seen enough of Westbrook this year), so how do you take him out on third down? The only thing I don't get is not putting Dixon in on short yardage. As much as I love Gore, that's probably his weakest area. He's more of a find a crease in the stack/pile guy while Dixon is more of a power through guy... pushes the pile better.

Stop typing fingers, that's enough.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Gore can beat a stacked box just fine. He's done it his whole career. Our o-line can't beat a stacked box that knows exactly where the play is going. That's the problem.

Stupid crap makes me so mad.
Share 49ersWebzone