There are 166 users in the forums

Patrick Willis Spaceship Bandwagon to the "one day" #1 ranked 49ers D and HOF!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Patrick is the only guy who showed up today to play the Bucs.

Good video, i love it we havent even seen his best football
Originally posted by jreff22:

[ Edited by jreff22 on Nov 20, 2010 at 17:47:28 ]

LOL@ the se
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by jreff22:

[ Edited by jreff22 on Nov 20, 2010 at 17:47:28 ]

LOL@ the cat in the second video - it got the F out of there!
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
meh. bowman is better.
Originally posted by Amir:
meh. bowman is better.

Did you ever think you would be saying that - and meaning it?
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Amir:
meh. bowman is better.

Did you ever think you would be saying that - and meaning it?

I thought bowman had talent, but I didn't think after seeing his mistakes (i know his rookie season) last year that he would possibly be better than willis. I never thought of willis as a complement player, I saw him as like our d leader, another 1-2 years and Bowman could be our leader/playmaker if he keeps playing lights out.
  • Jiks
You see, there are times when the 49ers' coaches are watching game film and they actually confuse Willis for Bowman -- and vice versa:

"Yeah, there have been times when you see them running, making a play outside of the box, or physically coming up and take on a lineman, or a back and protection," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. "They're very similar. They're very good. They're very athletic. They're very tough and they make similar plays."

Good read as well
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/-?plfmxtax=blog/niners-talk/post/-&blockID=569924&feedID=5936

• Chief
  • Veteran
Patrick needs to make some plays this year dammit.

I don't think Willis will be all pro/probowler this year the way Bowman is playing.
Originally posted by ianna:
I don't think Willis will be all pro/probowler this year the way Bowman is playing.

I think Willis' post game comments where telling. He literally said, he felt as if he was out there by himself make plays the last few years. You can tell he ment it, because he started to say it, then though, wow, this is probably not a good thing to say. But he ended up saying it anyway. I kind of get the feeling he's taking this year off.

I think it's funny how most on hear talked about him being the best MLB in the league, and now he's not even the best on our team. Fans are so fickle.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I think Willis' post game comments where telling. He literally said, he felt as if he was out there by himself make plays the last few years. You can tell he ment it, because he started to say it, then though, wow, this is probably not a good thing to say. But he ended up saying it anyway. I kind of get the feeling he's taking this year off.

I think it's funny how most on hear talked about him being the best MLB in the league, and now he's not even the best on our team. Fans are so fickle.

i don't know about him taking the year off, but i could certainly understand him feeling like he was the only one playing in the past, and, seeing the team improve around him, not taking it upon himself to make every play now

Bowman is making the "wow" plays right now but Willis is making plays too, getting pressure, etc. The whole front seven has elevated themselves to another level this season that Willis doesn't stand out like he did before. One of these days Willis is going to make one of those plays that only he could make and all this hand-wringing is going to seem silly.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

i don't know about him taking the year off, but i could certainly understand him feeling like he was the only one playing in the past, and, seeing the team improve around him, not taking it upon himself to make every play now

Bowman is making the "wow" plays right now but Willis is making plays too, getting pressure, etc. The whole front seven has elevated themselves to another level this season that Willis doesn't stand out like he did before. One of these days Willis is going to make one of those plays that only he could make and all this hand-wringing is going to seem silly.

This. Its not that Willis is playing bad, but everyone around him are playing better football. The Dline is improved, as well as the LB core. Willis isn't having to do it all on his own anymore. Also im seeing Willis in coverage a lot more than in previous years. He's still the best player on the team, but the team is better than before so he doesn't stick out as much anymore. Which is a good thing imo.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Yeah, "taking the year off" was probably a little harsh. You have to imagine that Sing pushed him pretty hard though. As he said, he feels good and refreshed and it's probably due to his suporting cast.
Share 49ersWebzone