There are 568 users in the forums

What do you think our record would be if T. Smith was our starting QB this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What do you think our record would be if T. Smith was our starting QB this year?

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by carlgo:
You can't isolate the QB from the whole of the coaching philosophy.

Sing is more responsible for the record more than any QB is.

Of course, T.Smith is more dynamic than A.Smith and might have pulled out an additional win despite the best efforts of Sing to insert his wingnut theories.

Sing does not throw the ball. Sing does not fumble the ball. Sing is not out there on the field making the decisions.

Alex Smith is.. or was.

You take Peyton Manning out of the offense in Indy and I guarantee the ship sinks over there. Curtis Painter is their back up and he stinks, just like Alex Smith. I'm not saying Troy Smith is the Peyton Manning of our team, but I am saying that the QB play is directly responsible for the success of the team.

Troy >>>>> Alex

To this point. We still need to draft another QB regardless of how Smith plays out the year.

If Mike Singletary is back and I think he will be then we should draft Cam Newton that way Mike Johnson won't have to have two different game plans or playbooks. Also our OL needs a mobile athlete playing QB to help them out. A guy like Ryan Mallet would get murdered playing for the 9ers.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
I have to laugh at everybody on this board that doesn't stop to think about how our vaunted defense allow a "ROOKIE" QB march down the field to tie the game up and send it into overtime...

3-6 no matter who the QB was for the season..

6-3 if we had a real coaching staff
Originally posted by tn9er:
I have to laugh at everybody on this board that doesn't stop to think about how our vaunted defense allow a "ROOKIE" QB march down the field to tie the game up and send it into overtime...

i doubt troy smith loses to Carolina and i also
doubt he turns the ball over as much as alex
Its official. Alex Smith is a coach killer.

Maybe the 2 head coaches he has had didn't know much about offense, but its obvious: he can't extend plays, he isn't overly accurate, he has to have a perfect game to give his team a chance to win and has about a .035 winning percentage as a starting QB.
We'll never know...........................
  • dj43
Originally posted by global_nomad:
So you don't think Jimmy Raye should have been fired?
Originally posted by skynet907:
3-6

That same rookie Quarterback was held to four consecutive three and outs prior to the field goal drive. As you may recall, Bradford had three opportunities to at the SF 15 to score a touchdown and couldn't.

The defense came up big when it needed to.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by carlgo:
You can't isolate the QB from the whole of the coaching philosophy.

Sing is more responsible for the record more than any QB is.

Of course, T.Smith is more dynamic than A.Smith and might have pulled out an additional win despite the best efforts of Sing to insert his wingnut theories.

Sing does not throw the ball. Sing does not fumble the ball. Sing is not out there on the field making the decisions.

Alex Smith is.. or was.

You take Peyton Manning out of the offense in Indy and I guarantee the ship sinks over there. Curtis Painter is their back up and he stinks, just like Alex Smith. I'm not saying Troy Smith is the Peyton Manning of our team, but I am saying that the QB play is directly responsible for the success of the team.

Troy >>>>> Alex

To this point. We still need to draft another QB regardless of how Smith plays out the year.

I agree. The rookie could sit and learn for a season or two if Troy Smith is able to continue to play at a high level.

And that same defense came up big in overtime when the game was on the line to stop that same ROOKIE QB, ultimately giving us a chance to win the game, which we did.

Alex blew some early plays against Seattle but I won't count that game because the final score was so lopsided. Smith threw 2 costly INT's vs Atl. Carr threw a game changing pick against Carolina. Not to mention the slop fest that were the Eagles and Saints games. I'll would say wins against Atl and Carolina and probably would have won one of the NO/Philly games. 5-4. Just my opinion
Originally posted by skynet907:
3-6

Yep, it would probably be the same.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
4 - 5.

The harder part of the schedule was the beginning of the year. We would have still lost lots of those. Now all the softballs are lined up. We are getting somewhat of a false impression and false hope. But he does some things well. And I like what I see in some ways. But I wouldn't get carried away and think he's leading us to a Super Bowl.

Please. We almost won 4 more games under Alex Smith. Anyone who doesn't see Troy Smith is far superior to Alex is blind. Troy doesn't make the mistakes Alex does, and without those mistakes, we win at least 3 out of those 4 that we ALMOST won.

6-3.

The tough part of the schedule was Alex. The softball part of the schedule is Troy.

We lose:

Chiefs
Saints
Falcons
Eagles

We are not as good as them.

We lost all those games except for the Chiefs due to multiple turnovers, INT's. So far Troy has done a great job of taking care of the ball which, all things being equal, we win. IMO.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
So you don't think Jimmy Raye should have been fired?

I think Alex Smith is part of the reason he got fired. If Troy Smith starts the Seattle Game then that first TD pass to Morgan wouldn't have been 4-5 feet high. He would have passed it to Morris. Troy is a much more accurate passer and Alex's stats speak for themselves.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
22-0

Share 49ersWebzone