LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 504 users in the forums

What do you think our record would be if T. Smith was our starting QB this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What do you think our record would be if T. Smith was our starting QB this year?

If Troy Smith was our starting QB from day one of the season, what do you think our current record would be? I say we would be at least 5-4. The guy is a winner. He would have pulled out at least 2 more wins.

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Nov 16, 2010 at 01:01:42 ]
4 - 5.

The harder part of the schedule was the beginning of the year. We would have still lost lots of those. Now all the softballs are lined up. We are getting somewhat of a false impression and false hope. But he does some things well. And I like what I see in some ways. But I wouldn't get carried away and think he's leading us to a Super Bowl.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
4 - 5.

The harder part of the schedule was the beginning of the year. We would have still lost lots of those. Now all the softballs are lined up. We are getting somewhat of a false impression and false hope. But he does some things well. And I like what I see in some ways. But I wouldn't get carried away and think he's leading us to a Super Bowl.

Yeah, I don't think we are superbowl bound with him, but I think he would've pulled off at least two more wins for us, especially some of those close ones when Alex Smith turned the ball over so many times.
3-6
Originally posted by skynet907:
3-6

That's very possible. LOL. The tough away games and tougher teams would have still been mostly losses if not all.
3-6

That's very possible. LOL. The tough away games and tougher teams would have still been mostly losses if not all.

Even the Panthers? Cmon now!
Originally posted by bigmike55:
3-6

We might have won that if Alex didn't get injured.

You really think we beat the Chiefs at Chiefs with Troy Smith? The Saints game?
3-6

The Chiefs, no. We got blown out period. The Saints game I honestly believe we would have won with Troy. The guy is efficient, takes care of the ball and makes big plays when we need them. Alex Smith throws interceptions more than he throws touchdowns and can't seem to win many games.
3-6

The Chiefs, no. We got blown out period. The Saints game I honestly believe we would have won with Troy. The guy is efficient, takes care of the ball and makes big plays when we need them. Alex Smith throws interceptions more than he throws touchdowns and can't seem to win many games.

I think the Saints, Chiefs and Falcons beat us. It's too bad Troy didn't get that part of the schedule because we would find out what we really have. No I don't know for sure.
4 - 5.

Please. We almost won 4 more games under Alex Smith. Anyone who doesn't see Troy Smith is far superior to Alex is blind. Troy doesn't make the mistakes Alex does, and without those mistakes, we win at least 3 out of those 4 that we ALMOST won.

6-3.

Originally posted by 49erRider:
4 - 5.

Please. We almost won 4 more games under Alex Smith. Anyone who doesn't see Troy Smith is far superior to Alex is blind. Troy doesn't make the mistakes Alex does, and without those mistakes, we win at least 3 out of those 4 that we ALMOST won.

6-3.

The tough part of the schedule was Alex. The softball part of the schedule is Troy.

We lose:

Chiefs
Saints
Falcons
Eagles

We are not as good as them.
I feel we'd have around about the same record. Troy is only Troy because of the events that have unfolded and how the opportunity to play has come about.

If he indeed start and went through the offseason motions with the 9ers, our OC still would have been fired and it would be the other Smith stepping in once again to finish out the season.

We've seen it twice now and possibly other times in the past that the QB we start with is different to the one that ends the year.

I hope as a 9ers fan that Troy succeeds. No dis to Alex. He knows well enough that he has to make something of his next opportunity in what ever form it percents itself to him either with the 9ers or with another NFL team.

[ Edited by ace49ers on Nov 16, 2010 at 02:08:08 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
4-5
Originally posted by 49erRider:
4 - 5.

6-3.

The tough part of the schedule was Alex. The softball part of the schedule is Troy.

We lose:

Chiefs
Saints
Falcons
Eagles

We are not as good as them.

We almost beat the Saints, Falcons and Eagles WITH ALEX. Troy >>>> Alex and it's not close. Better QB play wins us all 3 of those games. MAYBE we still lose to the Saints or Eagles, but not both. We would have stomped Carolina.

We still lose to the Chiefs and Seahawks because those games were just disastrous.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Nov 16, 2010 at 02:11:21 ]
22-0
Share 49ersWebzone