There are 199 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (at Arizona Cardinals)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
1) We got away with TD gift, Crabtree's catch was not a TD, but I'm not complaining, just pointing it out.

2) Fitz's catch was a TD, but he was robbed.

Had those two things taken place, we'd still be up 20-10 and won. Also, gotta love Spikes' INT and lateral to Clements who hung onto the ball when tackled for a change.

1) It was a TD. Not enough visual evidence to overturn the TD call. Crabtree had his arm around the ball through the catch and roll. TD.

2) Nope. Fitz's shoulder hit out of bounds, and he lost the ball after hitting the ground. A receiver must maintain control of the ball through the catch... including after hitting the ground (like Crabtree did ).
Fitz was DEFINITELY not a TD. Remember that whole, "have to complete the catch even after hitting the ground" rule?? But yea, Crabs catch would of probably been overturned.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
1) We got away with TD gift, Crabtree's catch was not a TD, but I'm not complaining, just pointing it out.

Had those two things taken place, we'd still be up 20-10 and won. Also, gotta love Spikes' INT and lateral to Clements who hung onto the ball when tackled for a change.

1) It was a TD. Not enough visual evidence to overturn the TD call. Crabtree had his arm around the ball through the catch and roll. TD.

2) Nope. Fitz's shoulder hit out of bounds, and he lost the ball after hitting the ground. A receiver must maintain control of the ball through the catch... including after hitting the ground (like Crabtree did ).

I dunno, I watched the Crabtree replay several times and I thought it was enough evidence to overturn. You're right that his arm was underneath and he maintained control, but the bottom end of the ball, then the top end of the ball hit the ground and I felt it was enough to be ruled not a catch. But I repeat, I'm not complaining.

Once again, I though Fitz maintained control long enough and only after he hit the ground did it come out. But you're correct, his shoulder landed out of bounds, so it wasn't a catch after all. It seems he wasn't robbed as I initially thought.
if the ball comes lose and hits the ground as you hit the floor, it's not a catch. It's the LAW
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
it was a bad team (49ers) beating up on a horrible team (cardinals). Troy Smith needs to be evaluated next week. IMHO i believe Alex Smith gives us a better shot going against GB and down the stretch.. Alex was starting to heat up after the near benching vs PHI and Troy hasstruggled against some poor defensive play, making most his plays the home game v.s STL

OMG... On what planet!?
Originally posted by horsecore:

How was Fitzgerald's catch a TD? The ball came out when he landed on the ground...

The Crabs TD though should have been challenged by the Tards, but, that's their mistake.

Yeah, Fitz's catch wasn't a TD like I first thought after re-watching replay. And I'm glad they didn't challenge Crabtree's TD either. Might have been enough evidence to overturn, but you never know if refs will see same thing.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Agreed - and most teams don't start out with a fumble on the hand-off. The Cards have just been horrible this season. They'll have a shot at Luck before we do.

Yeah, that was both QB and RB fault. Replay shows QB hand-off was kinda high and off to the side. RB was busy looking ahead and not watching the ball first...lucky for us, we recovered the fumble.
The only thing to say is that the Cardinals are a god-awful pile of s**t.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
if the ball comes lose and hits the ground as you hit the floor, it's not a catch. It's the LAW

Exactly. Its the same rule that cost the Detroit Lions the game against Chicago in week 1.
Share 49ersWebzone