There are 164 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 11)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
can you guys imagine the chaos it would cause if we just came out and destroyed the Bucs??

its gonna happen

Val if we win I will marry you.

can you guys imagine the chaos it would cause if we just came out and destroyed the Bucs??

its gonna happen

We are due for a blowout, We have been on the receiving end of some arse kickings..maybe now it's our turn to kick some arse?

I would make love with this board. Literally.

Note to self: Stay off board after game.

LB
Originally posted by leebert81:

LB

note to self bring candles and kenny g CDs to board after the game
we are def a second half team! TB got some gamers tho! Mike William and Benn are both young exciting WR's! Freeman is also playing really well. If this game is close in the end, i'll be worried, cause they are a come back team!

LB

don't forget the strawberry cheese cake flavored massage oil boo
The Bucs are a team that simply can't get pressure on the QB (last in the NFL in sacks)...not sure if that's due to their lack of pass-rushing talent along the d-line, or because they're so bad at stopping the run (31st) that teams don't bother passing against them.

Their saving grace is a solid rushing attack and big-play pass offense. Freeman's 7.27 YPA is better than Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning, which tells you he's not afraid to get vertical (that doesn't bode well for our secondary).

Because the Bucs run defense is so bad, Sing will be tempted to run, run, run on these guys, which obviously makes sense. But we'll likely have a hard time stopping their big-play offense, which could put us in a hole and require another comeback attempt by Troy Smith.

This could be a shoot-out, so I'm saying 49ers 30, Bucs 27.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Nov 16, 2010 at 10:44:47 ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
The Bucs are a team that simply can't get pressure on the QB (last in the NFL in sacks)...not sure if that's due to their lack of pass-rushing talent along the d-line, or because they're so bad at stopping the run (31st) that teams don't bother passing against them.

Their saving grace is a solid rushing attack and big-play pass offense. Freeman's 7.27 YPA is better than Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning, which tells you he's not afraid to get vertical (that doesn't bode well for our secondary).

Because the Bucs run defense is so bad, Sing will be tempted to run, run, run on these guys, which obviously makes sense. But we'll likely have a hard time stopping their big-play offense, which could put us in a hole and require another comeback attempt by Troy Smith.

I love that we're suddenly the type of team that can win a shootout!!
I hope we get some more tosses and sweeps like this last week. It was nice to see and I guess it can help gas that defense. Shotgun to give Troy Smith time to avoid the heavy blitzes they will send out. Boot legs b/c he's bad ass at them.

fake fb hb toss!
Originally posted by Joecool:
We are going to run Gore to death against TB. Don't expect Troy to have a good performance. There are some things we can do to crack that defense but it needs to be set up and so far, Troy has not proven he can consistently complete 0-10 yard passes in the middle of the field.

You're basing this on two games.

Two games?

Troy Smith has yet to play his greatest game in a SF 49er uni.

LB

don't forget the strawberry cheese cake flavored massage oil boo

lulz
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I love that we're suddenly the type of team that can win a shootout!!

That's what happens when you have a QB that isn't afraid to make a mistake and chuck the ball downfield! It was probably drilled in to Alex's head over the last 6 years (by Nolan/Singletary) to just "check down" if you're not 100% sure you can complete the pass....live to fight another day, kinda thing.

Troy hasn't been conditioned like that, so he's just playing on natural QB instincts...get the ball downfield, and let your playmakers do their thing.
We are going to run Gore to death against TB. Don't expect Troy to have a good performance. There are some things we can do to crack that defense but it needs to be set up and so far, Troy has not proven he can consistently complete 0-10 yard passes in the middle of the field.

Originally posted by billbird2111:

You're basing this on two games.

Two games?

Troy Smith has yet to play his greatest game in a SF 49er uni.

The days of letting opposing defenses dictate what we do on offense are over Joe.

The best teams bring it dictate the following to opposing defenses: Go ahead -- try to stop us.

Teams that face the Patriots or the Colts know they're going to get a heavy dose of Brady and Manning. The Patriots and Colts don't switch game-plans in the face of defenses. They bring what works and dare other teams to stop it.

We used to do that.

I think we're about to do it again. We have a formula for success now -- at least in the past two games.

I don't think we're going to mess around with that much.

The Bucs aren't very good at applying QB pressure, so I don't think it will be overly difficult to pass on them. Even more so if we move the pocket around (like MJ has been doing)...as someone else said, we don't have a large enough sample size to say there's a problem with Troy's ability to throw short-middle. What he has shown the ability to do is stretch the field, which bodes well for our running game (taking a man out of the box will only hurt the 31st ranked rushing defense of the Bucs).
Share 49ersWebzone