Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
No comparison at all.

Jerry Jones:

~ 3 Super Bowl wins
~ Dominated a portion of the 90's.
~ $1.5 Billion Stadium 8th wonder of the world.
~Nothing Since

Jed York and York Family:

~ Zero winning teams that they built. Only winning team they ever had was inherited from the previous regime. Their plan...cut all good players and fire playoff coach.
~ Never have dominated anything except top 10 picks in the draft.
~ How is the stadium looking that they play in? York Family has been "planning" and talking about new stadium for 10 years. Where is it? Do you see one?

The question is JED and not the family. plus all we have done is spend money to create a good team. we just havent found the right coach. we have the players.

And we have been takling about a new stadium ever since this team was winning championships, why have we not got one since the 80's. this had nothing to do with the yorks.

oh yeah Jerry meddlesome OWNer/ GM that hasnt won anything since he decided to be the GM and get rid of Parcels. dont care about the shinny new stadium if the team has a worse record than US.

For the millionth time.

Denise Debartolo York - doesn't care at all about football. Just inherited the team from the Eddie D. downfall.

John York - really runs the team. Calls all shots from behind the scenes with a VERY low profile.

Jed York - Frontman / Faceman only. People were sick of FAT HEADS losing ways. So they wanted "new found hope and change." That comes from a new person in charge... Or at least the public must believe it is different. It was an ace in the hole to get a new stadium. The new found hope and change.

Anybody can lose one year. Their QB is hurt. For the most part Jerry Jones teams have been real competative even after the 90's glory years ended. One year up or down sure. But that happens to everybody.

Losing 8 years in a row on the other hand happens only to teams like the Bills, Lions and 49ers... Can you find 1 good year for the Bills or Lions if you look at history? Sure. But the majority of the time is spent losing. That's who we are too. We are the Lion and the Bill now too.

they were losing well before romo got hurt so dont use that excuse. i ageree that it is taking too long to get back on top. but you are comparing a man that has owed the team for over 20yrs vs. jed who is now a rook. Yes i know the parents are really in charge
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Aside from the article itself, anyone else read the comments? A lot of people were saying they would favor the Yorks selling the team to a Socal owner and moving the team to LA.

how many of YOU favor that idea?

If the team leaves the SF Bay Area, then they are dead to me.

this

What team is the alternative? There's no way id become a raider fan.

Honestly I would stop watching football for a few years

this

Actually agree with Blue on this...

I think you guys would be missing out. You probably don't realize this, but the NFL experience can be so much funner to enjoy when you have no serious loyalty to a team.

You obviously must like the sport and the league and that won't stop.

I have friends in LA who LOVE the NFL after they stopped being Raider fans or Rams fans. They just say, until LA has a team again they root for nobody...except fantasy interests, little side bets they have going.....in general they just are amused when we fight amongst each other over our teams.

Obviously, the ideal scenario is the Niners actually being a functional organization again, but if that is not going to happen(and I don't think it is)....then the NFL will probably be much funner to us Niner fans if they are gone.

IDK, thats what I am thinking tho

This. If people from LA can root for the St. Louis Rams, why can't people from the Bay Area root for the Los Angeles 49ers?
Originally posted by area49:
Aside from the article itself, anyone else read the comments? A lot of people were saying they would favor the Yorks selling the team to a Socal owner and moving the team to LA.

this

this

I think you guys would be missing out. You probably don't realize this, but the NFL experience can be so much funner to enjoy when you have no serious loyalty to a team.

I have friends in LA who LOVE the NFL after they stopped being Raider fans or Rams fans. They just say, until LA has a team again they root for nobody...except fantasy interests, little side bets they have going.....in general they just are amused when we fight amongst each other over our teams.

Obviously, the ideal scenario is the Niners actually being a functional organization again, but if that is not going to happen(and I don't think it is)....then the NFL will probably be much funner to us Niner fans if they are gone.

This. If people from LA can root for the St. Louis Rams, why can't people from the Bay Area root for the San Francisco 49ers?

fixed...

Originally posted by billbird2111:
The NFL is not going to allow the 49ers to just up and leave the San Francisco Bay Area.

Al Davis did that. Look what that got him? He's back in Oakland kids. Because he finally got tired of fighting one lawsuit after another.

The 49ers have a history here. They have a legacy that other teams did not have. Hardly any tears were shed when the Oilers were allowed to move from Houston. And the Browns-Ravens-Colts switch was a fiasco that wasn't well-managed and I don't think the NFL would allow such a manuever again.

The only way the Yorks get the green light to move is if we can't get a new stadium and nobody wants to buy the team. Well -- guess what? The Santa Clara stadium effort is the real deal -- and there are multiple ownership groups who would line up to buy this team from the Yorks and keep it in San Francisco. The team is in the heart of Silicon Valley my friends. Do you think -- for even one moment -- that the wealth to buy this team doesn't exist?

You would be sadly mistaken.

That's why this team isn't going anywhere -- despite what the Kawakami's of the world suggest.

No. If the Yorks can't get a stadium built here, they'll WANT the team to move to LA, either under their ownership or someone else's. It'll be a matter of spite. And since the NFL is a business, the NFL will see a relocation as a matter of necessity and will green-light the move.

And history means nothing. The Rams had a huge history in LA before becoming the St. Louis Rams. There's no reason the San Francisco 49ers can't become the Los Angeles 49ers.
The NFL is not going to allow the 49ers to just up and leave the San Francisco Bay Area.

Al Davis did that. Look what that got him? He's back in Oakland kids. Because he finally got tired of fighting one lawsuit after another.

The 49ers have a history here. They have a legacy that other teams did not have. Hardly any tears were shed when the Oilers were allowed to move from Houston. And the Browns-Ravens-Colts switch was a fiasco that wasn't well-managed and I don't think the NFL would allow such a manuever again.

The only way the Yorks get the green light to move is if we can't get a new stadium and nobody wants to buy the team. Well -- guess what? The Santa Clara stadium effort is the real deal -- and there are multiple ownership groups who would line up to buy this team from the Yorks and keep it in San Francisco. The team is in the heart of Silicon Valley my friends. Do you think -- for even one moment -- that the wealth to buy this team doesn't exist?

That's why this team isn't going anywhere -- despite what the Kawakami's of the world suggest.

No. If the Yorks can't get a stadium built here, they'll WANT the team to move to LA, either under their ownership or someone else's. It'll be a matter of spite. And since the NFL is a business, the NFL will see a relocation as a matter of necessity and will green-light the move.

And history means nothing. The Rams had a huge history in LA before becoming the St. Louis Rams. There's no reason the San Francisco 49ers can't become the Los Angeles 49ers.

If this ownership keeps fielding 4-12 or 5-11 teams, the blackouts will come. Add to that the fact that the Raiders appear to be on the turnaround and you have a fundamental shift in football loyalties in the Bay Area. The 49ers will no longer be needed here, and the Raiders will be kings.

And Seattle may have kept the trophy, but OKC has still got the history. They have everything except the actual hardware, and are still considered the one-time national champions.

Ahem... first off, FU*K the RAIDERS.

Second, you don't know the Bay Area enough to think that 49er fans will switch side just because the other team across the Bay is winning... NUH-UHHHHH....

Third, (disclaimer: this is MHO and mine alone and does not reflect the views of 49erswebzone) FU*K L.A.!!! Let other football team take root in L.A., you have plenty of choices but I can tell you this, the 49ers will not be one of 'em. I guarantee you that!

Fourth, see all three points and keep reading 'em till it sinks in.

Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

If the them moves to LA, then they are dead to me.

Both conditions are true for me, what would the bay area be if the 9ers were not there, what would the 9ers be if they were the LA 49ers, it just doesn't look nor sound right.

this

this

This. If people from LA can root for the St. Louis Rams, why can't people from the Bay Area root for the Los Angeles 49ers?

It's about time you've trolled your way into this thread we've missed you

this

I wouldn't stop watching football, but i may stop watching the nfl. if the niners move and goodell keeps ruining the nfl. then i'll be fine with watching the other football leagues and baseball will be back soon enough.

If this ownership keeps fielding 4-12 or 5-11 teams, the blackouts will come. Add to that the fact that the Raiders appear to be on the turnaround and you have a fundamental shift in football loyalties in the Bay Area. The 49ers will no longer be needed here, and the Raiders will be kings.

And Seattle may have kept the trophy, but OKC has still got the history. They have everything except the actual hardware, and are still considered the one-time national champions.

Second, you don't know the Bay Area enough to think that 49er fans will switch side just because the other team across the Bay is winning... NUH-UHHHHH....

Third, (disclaimer: this is MHO and mine alone and does not reflect the views of 49erswebzone) FU*K L.A.!!! Let other football team take root in L.A., you have plenty of choices but I can tell you this, the 49ers will not be one of 'em. I guarantee you that!

Wow. Way to disprove my points with "f**k the Raiders" and "f**k LA". God, Niner fans are so deluded. Kawakami's right about this organization and its fans.

Wow. Way to disprove my points with "f**k the Raiders" and "f**k LA". God, Niner fans are so deluded. Kawakami's right about this organization and its fans.

So why post here then?

THIS!!!

Then take your ass some where else where the "fans" call for the teams to move to other areas because you are to lazy and cheap to buy tickets and take a drive.
Originally posted by backontop:

THIS!!!

Which means they will be alive to somebody else. They can have fans either here or there. It's just a business. They don't really care where.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 12, 2010 at 2:04 AM ]
Originally posted by backontop:

THIS!!!

Which means they will be alive to somebody else. They can have fans either here or there. It's just a business. They don't really care where.

Exactly.

Look, the way SD49er and I see it, it's something that NEEDS to happen. For the good of the organization. So we might as well make the best of it.

At least that's how I see it.
Originally posted by English:

So why post here then?

I'm trying to open people's eyes to an inevitability AND trying to get them to come to terms with it.
Share 49ersWebzone