LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

If the golden scenario happens...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If the golden scenario happens...

Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
I voted to win of course... I remember when Nolan had a suggestion box, and one of the suggestions that was put in was something to the effect of "Fire yourself" or something to that nature.
It was reported today that Percy Harvin nearly got into a physical altercation with Brad Childress.

When it comes to Singletary, I dont think there's ever been a wider disconnect between how the fans feel about Singletary (well at least the vocal fans on message boards), and how the players feel about Singletary...I mean if he was as bad of a coach as this board purports him to be, there almost certainly would have been a prominent player disparage him, or you would be able to see lack of effort on the field.

Season definitely hasn't gone the way we like so far, but I'm proud that the team is still fightin, and hasn't thrown in the towel just yet.

Unlike Childress, Sing could probably kick a player's a$$. I'm sure they'll think twice about getting in Sing's face.
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I will be very happy, and very surprised.

I want Sing to be gone but I'd rather the team win. If they win and he stays, maybe he'll actually learn from his mistakes. Who knows? Lots of good coaches start out poorly.

that said, lets worry about that when/if it happens.

Agreed, if they can get to 9 wins then that would mean something is working right. To me it would mean the Sing left Johnson alone to call the plays and instead got involved with the defense.

IF we could get to 9 wins it would be a very, very good sign for the future of this team. They'd go into next year with a great deal of confidence and would likely be talked up as SB contenders, etc. "They went 7-1 over the last half of the season. . . "

Will 9 wins happen? Prolly not. Especially not if A. Smith returns as QB, imho. I'd really like to see him go elsewhere. Niner fans have suffered enough.

Singletary? If he could get this team to 9-7 after the start they had, then he will have shown more coaching ability than we've seen so far. But he is learning on the job, and has shown some ability to learn and grow.

Singletary's pressers are usually a debacle, and if he could learn to keep his foot out of his mouth, he'd prolly not be in the hot water he presently finds himself in. If he can get the team to win consistently, I'd rather stay with him than start over with someone else. Why waste all the time its taken him to learn the job, assuming he's done so?

Going 9-6 would show that Singleray has learned, IF it happens. I'm rooting an hoping for it to happen, but I'm not gonna hold my breath til it does.

It all starts this Sunday. HUGE game against the Lambs. Go Niners!
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
I voted to win of course... I remember when Nolan had a suggestion box, and one of the suggestions that was put in was something to the effect of "Fire yourself" or something to that nature.
It was reported today that Percy Harvin nearly got into a physical altercation with Brad Childress.

When it comes to Singletary, I dont think there's ever been a wider disconnect between how the fans feel about Singletary (well at least the vocal fans on message boards), and how the players feel about Singletary...I mean if he was as bad of a coach as this board purports him to be, there almost certainly would have been a prominent player disparage him, or you would be able to see lack of effort on the field.

Season definitely hasn't gone the way we like so far, but I'm proud that the team is still fightin, and hasn't thrown in the towel just yet.

Unlike Childress, Sing could probably kick a player's a$$. I'm sure they'll think twice about getting in Sing's face.

Even alex doesn't defend himself for his coach basically saying he suck or was that alex saying something about winning and loss either way let alex walk if jerry jones wants to run the ball he can have sing. I would kill for a dallas wr core and qb behind are oline and running game would be unstoppable going to play madden right now. Im still anger manny lawson hasn't at least gotten a 85 overall for his run support and coverage skills.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
and we get to 9 wins and the rest of the division keeps losing, will you be happy or upset? It's sad that in todays day and age there are fans out there who root against their team so someone can get fired or get a higher draft pick. Then when the team starts winning again they openly root against them because of the fact they are winning. Today's NFL is all about politics and it is sad. I'll tell you what, even if we get a top 5 pick and pick some great college kid, it doesn't always work out. Most of the time it actually doesn't work out. Even in this team's darkest hour I will root for them. I will root for Sing and whoever is playing QB whether it be Troy or Alex. I will root for this team if we are 2-12 with two games left.

So back to my original question, will you be happy or upset if we finish strong and Sing redeems himself?

edit* here's an actual response by somebody on this board that makes me sick....

"hopefully we get ass raped by bradford and sing gets one step closer to being fired"

I say we call the bills and make a trade for luck. Lets face it the bills need more then just a qb, and were a team away from qb to playoffs, we need to do what the jets did and trade up and get the qb and then we can worry about the old defense and add more speed to the team. I'd trade franklin lawson and goldson and the new stadium if it means i can watch luck light up like bradford im sick of alex smith.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by dankmeistr:
I always root for the 49ers to win, even if it means a worse position in the draft. However, if we win the division, make the playoffs, and maybe win a playoff game or two, I don't believe that Mike Singletary is the coach to lead the 49ers into the future.

This team has a very solid foundation, and I think getting the right coach in here will push the 49ers to the next level. I wouldn't mind seeing Bill Cowher, but the rumors swirling around Carolina is that he wants the job there if John Fox walks away or get fired. I believe Cowher has family here in NC, and he would take the job if it was offered to him.

As things stand now, I'm all for watching my favorite team play well and win games.

Go 49ers!

Dan
49ers Fan in NC

Yes, but don't you think when Cowher was going through all those losing seasons all the Pittsburg fans wanted him gone? Every great coach that you watch now-a-days went through hard times. Sing is learning and I believe one day he will be a great coach. I think it would be foolish to give up on him now.

"all those losing seasons"
You do realize that Cowher had three losing seasons out of 15 and only two in a row.
And he had them after already proving that he was a good coach. Sing is not a good coach, I would love if Sing was able to turn things around, but he DOES NOT have the coaching acumen to do so. He, sadly, is just not a good coach. Time to move on.
Share 49ersWebzone