There are 228 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If the golden scenario happens...

If the golden scenario happens...

• Silky
  • Veteran
and we get to 9 wins and the rest of the division keeps losing, will you be happy or upset? It's sad that in todays day and age there are fans out there who root against their team so someone can get fired or get a higher draft pick. Then when the team starts winning again they openly root against them because of the fact they are winning. Today's NFL is all about politics and it is sad. I'll tell you what, even if we get a top 5 pick and pick some great college kid, it doesn't always work out. Most of the time it actually doesn't work out. Even in this team's darkest hour I will root for them. I will root for Sing and whoever is playing QB whether it be Troy or Alex. I will root for this team if we are 2-12 with two games left.

So back to my original question, will you be happy or upset if we finish strong and Sing redeems himself?

edit* here's an actual response by somebody on this board that makes me sick....

"hopefully we get ass raped by bradford and sing gets one step closer to being fired"
[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Nov 7, 2010 at 8:43 AM ]
what idiot would not like that scenario
I would be happy at 8 and 8 because i would know that we should of beaten phi no atl car so to me it looks closer to 12 and 4 than 8 and 8. A few plays that will almost never happen again were our losses not so much the other team. A safety a qb fumbling without getting touched an int for the win getting turned back over......hell after all that and we didnt get blown out by making five turnovers and three turnovers in repetitive games......that is all fixable. A bad team that is bad without those freak mistakes would worry me more which we are not.
X amount of wins will not make Sing a good coach. Don't know if Jed understands that though.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
X amount of wins will not make Sing a good coach. Don't know if Jed understands that though.

there was an article earlier sing only keeps his job if he wins a playoff game
I will be very happy, and very surprised.

I want Sing to be gone but I'd rather the team win. If they win and he stays, maybe he'll actually learn from his mistakes. Who knows? Lots of good coaches start out poorly.

that said, lets worry about that when/if it happens.
Even if we make the playoffs, Sing is gone.
Originally posted by Byisgod:

that would really be the best-case scenario. I hope that happens.
I always root for the 49ers to win, even if it means a worse position in the draft. However, if we win the division, make the playoffs, and maybe win a playoff game or two, I don't believe that Mike Singletary is the coach to lead the 49ers into the future.

This team has a very solid foundation, and I think getting the right coach in here will push the 49ers to the next level. I wouldn't mind seeing Bill Cowher, but the rumors swirling around Carolina is that he wants the job there if John Fox walks away or get fired. I believe Cowher has family here in NC, and he would take the job if it was offered to him.

As things stand now, I'm all for watching my favorite team play well and win games.

Go 49ers!

Dan
49ers Fan in NC
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dankmeistr:
I always root for the 49ers to win, even if it means a worse position in the draft. However, if we win the division, make the playoffs, and maybe win a playoff game or two, I don't believe that Mike Singletary is the coach to lead the 49ers into the future.

This team has a very solid foundation, and I think getting the right coach in here will push the 49ers to the next level. I wouldn't mind seeing Bill Cowher, but the rumors swirling around Carolina is that he wants the job there if John Fox walks away or get fired. I believe Cowher has family here in NC, and he would take the job if it was offered to him.

As things stand now, I'm all for watching my favorite team play well and win games.

Go 49ers!

Dan
49ers Fan in NC

Yes, but don't you think when Cowher was going through all those losing seasons all the Pittsburg fans wanted him gone? Every great coach that you watch now-a-days went through hard times. Sing is learning and I believe one day he will be a great coach. I think it would be foolish to give up on him now.
Even if we dont make it to the playoffs sing wont be going anywhere. A lot of you guys really need to kill that wet dream, its not going to happen!
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Byisgod:

that would really be the best-case scenario. I hope that happens.

From what was said (in passing) through 'supposed' sources (Via that Yahoo guy), it sounded as if the 49ers would have to make the NFC Championship game for Sing to retain his job going into 2011.

The Yorks may be idiots, but I doubt they've been happy with all the negative PR their franchise has been receiving about horrible management conduct/disorganized team behavior (which all threads back to the coach and his decision-making/appointed decision makers' actions).

As long as Sing is here, no 'big-money' FA is gonna touch this team with a 10-foot pole (after the handling of Michael Lewis).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 7, 2010 at 9:06 AM ]
Good question. What scares me is the thought of Sing being retained if we some how win the division. That thought alone gives birth to some stupid ideas.
Sing staying would be an absolute nightmare for this franchise.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Sing staying would be an absolute nightmare for this franchise.

Got that sht right.