LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 258 users in the forums

Do you like or dislike the bye week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you like or dislike the bye week?

indifferent

the bad: there's no niner football

the good: my chances of having a good sunday increase exponentially for the fact that there is no niner football

yes, the niners f**k with my emotions
Originally posted by leebert81:
I don't care for it but understand why it's needed. I wonder if there will be two byes if the season gets extended.

LB

I heard that somewhere, but it is not a given. It did not happen that way when they went from 14 to 16, so we will see.
I'd always like to see the Niners play each Sunday. But I do love all football, and will enjoy watching my other preferred teams go to work this weekend.
I am ok with it. It gives me a chance to get some things done that I have been putting off.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Originally posted by leebert81:
I don't care for it but understand why it's needed. I wonder if there will be two byes if the season gets extended.

LB

I heard that somewhere, but it is not a given. It did not happen that way when they went from 14 to 16, so we will see.

I think one bye in a 18 game season is just about right. Anymore than that I think is a bit too much.
Sure, it sucks not to have the team to watch on Sunday. However, I am looking forward to see what an extra week of study and preparation will do for Troy after the Bye, instead of just a short week to prepare as the starter.
I appreciate why we have it but I dislike my team not plying this week.
It also sucks that the rams have it the same week as us. There probably probing M. Lewis as we speak.........or type.

-
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
It also sucks that the rams have it the same week as us. There probably probing M. Lewis as we speak.........or type.

-

That sounds dirty...
  • cools
  • Veteran
I like the bye week, Its often a needed week off for players to heal up a little
and this year, It comes after a long trip to the UK

I have a weeked to just watch football and not worry about our team

and after watching our SF Giants win the World Series, there is a good sports vibe in the bay area this week, which wont be tainted by Niner Blunders

Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

-

That sounds dirty...

Trust me, Ive heard stories about what the hawks did to M. Rob and the other trash they took..... dirty don't describe it lol.

-
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I'm going on a trip with my wife this weekend to SF for a few days. Free hotel - paid with Hilton bonus points, yeah!! I didn't know it was the bye when I scheduled this trip, but it worked out perfectly!!

Oh, and I HATE the bye normally, but not this time!
I echo the sentiment of most 9ER fans... it is definately needed at this point. Especially after the UK trip. Also, this give Troy Smith an extra week to prepare, if at least mentally before they get back to practice.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't like it. There is not much to watch when the 49ers aren't playing.

Sadly this year and for the past 8 years there isn't much to watch when the 9ers are playing.

Fixed.
[ Edited by TDilvr on Nov 3, 2010 at 9:52 AM ]
good for the team, bad for the fans. Then again, if Singletary just tells them to take the week off, how is it good for the team?
Share 49ersWebzone