There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The niners made a waiver claim [on LB Gibson]

Gibson over Merriman is a fail
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Gibson over Merriman is a fail

why?
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by backontop:
Gibson>>>>>>Harolson. Hopefully this means the end of Harolson finally.

I am not a Harrelson fan but how do you figure a cut rookie back up OLB is better.

because a small rock in the middle of the ocean is better than Harolson.

Hawaii?
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Gibson over Merriman is a fail

why?


B/C I've never even heard of Gibson. He hasn't played a snap.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,934
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Gibson over Merriman is a fail

Gibson claimed on Monday, Lights Out waived on Tuesday.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Gibson over Merriman is a fail

Gibson claimed on Monday, Lights Out waived on Tuesday.

  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,934
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Gibson over Merriman is a fail

Gibson claimed on Monday, Lights Out waived on Tuesday.


Not much to be mad about considering he has been injury prone and according to Chargers beat writer Kevin Acee he was on the trade block for more than a year. He likely clears waivers and will sign for a low money offer and have to earn his way back into a starting lineup at this point.

Gibson was a 4th round pick playing behind Harrison and Woodley and waived due to a lack of depth up front in Pittsburgh. Gibson is still a project but may have more upside than Merriman at this stage of his career.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Gibson over Merriman is a fail

actually you are very wrong

Gibson will play ST and get Mays off of it

Merriman wont play ST and he is hurt
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Gibson is JACKED

Dumb old guy question: does that mean he's fast? I sure hope he's blazing fast.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d816e5c78
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Ummm.... Why can't we have Gibson and Merriman?

It's pathetic how desperate I feel.

Want pass rush now.
I like Gibson. We got lucky since the Steelers didn't have room on the roster for a 4th round pick that didn't produce right away. We, on the the other hand, have eh... eh... a tiny bit of room. Always good to have a few OLBs in a 3-4 (or converted to DEs in a 4-3)... Cheers!
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Not much to be mad about considering he has been injury prone and according to Chargers beat writer Kevin Acee he was on the trade block for more than a year. He likely clears waivers and will sign for a low money offer and have to earn his way back into a starting lineup at this point.

Gibson was a 4th round pick playing behind Harrison and Woodley and waived due to a lack of depth up front in Pittsburgh. Gibson is still a project but may have more upside than Merriman at this stage of his career.
this^1000000000000000
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Want pass rush now.
then merriman is the worst solution for that.
[ Edited by communist on Nov 3, 2010 at 1:57 AM ]
People who want Merriman just want him because they recognize the name. The guy hasn't done anything for years except get injured all the time and disappear during games. I would rather have a young guy drafted in the midrounds by a team known for getting good LB's, who was released only because they needed more depth on the line due to injury.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,506
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
People who want Merriman just want him because they recognize the name. The guy hasn't done anything for years except get injured all the time and disappear during games. I would rather have a young guy drafted in the midrounds by a team known for getting good LB's, who was released only because they needed more depth on the line due to injury.

This. Good post.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
People who want Merriman just want him because they recognize the name. The guy hasn't done anything for years except get injured all the time and disappear during games. I would rather have a young guy drafted in the midrounds by a team known for getting good LB's, who was released only because they needed more depth on the line due to injury.

This. Good post.

great stuff