There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Originally posted by iSatOnACrabtree:
Troy Smith should start. He looked confident and relax in the Broncos game. I have supported Alex Smith for awhile but I think Troy will do a much better job then Alex. I know it was just one game...but did you not see this guy avoid some sacks and make plays? Alex would of thrown the ball out of bounce. With Troys speed, the opponents will have another thing on there mind and that is Troy rushing for some yards. Also Troy has a lot of time to practice considering we're in a bye week.

I agree. What others fail to realize is that he over came whatever halftime adjustments they made for T. Smith. To tell you the truth, that's what I was waiting for was the second half. I wanted to see if T. Smith was going to fall under pressure to what ever adjustments they made for him. And he overcame it. Props for one week of prep and a road win.
[ Edited by digital9er on Nov 2, 2010 at 2:21 AM ]
troy smith definatly deserving a shot at consistent number 1 qb because what he did at wembley was amazing i was sitting up top in stadium and the view was amazing and he only made 1 mistake which was the fumble when he was scrambling but he recovered it i love his athletic feet and unlike when alex has the ball i felt like troy would make moves with way he was playing and felt more comfortably with troy
we have had a white smith a black smith now we need to start a mexican smith
I want to see Troy against the Rams. He will have 2 weeks to prepare for them and they will be prepared for him.

I'm confident he will do well. I think we will see another low passing attempt game...I.E another 13/22 or 11/17 with 185 yards type game. We ran the ball 40 times last game and won. That's good and bad. It's good because...well we pounded the rock. It's bad because Sing will look at the stats and think we need to play conservaball again.

I just hope they let Troy play.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I want to see Troy against the Rams. He will have 2 weeks to prepare for them and they will be prepared for him.

I'm confident he will do well. I think we will see another low passing attempt game...I.E another 13/22 or 11/17 with 185 yards type game. We ran the ball 40 times last game and won. That's good and bad. It's good because...well we pounded the rock. It's bad because Sing will look at the stats and think we need to play conservaball again.

Same here. We have to see if he can play solid 2 games in a row. Hell, I would bench him at the half for Alex if Troy shows he's just another backup.

As for your stats, they would even be better if he totals about 40 yards rushing.
Troy will definitely benefit from

A) 2 weeks of preparation and practice with the first unit.

B) Having Vernon healthy. Hopefully

C) Playing at home where we tend to play better.

I know that Rams want to prove that they're something to worry about it now but we will b***h slap them back into their place. Like when you're lil brother thinks he can take you on you just f*ck his ass up again to let em know you're still better.
Originally posted by valrod33:
we have had a white smith a black smith now we need to start a mexican smith

I'd rather we start Asian Smith first.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Somewhere along the way Sing's gotta give this guy a shot. Not necessarily to win, but to assess what he's capable of so that we can place him accordingly for next season. Im sure Sing feels (after the Denver win) that his philosophy is the BEST, and I wouldnt be surprised if he goes even more extreme against STL and opts for 70/30 run;pass ratio.

Sing's gotta go.......