There are 191 users in the forums

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Smith should start Week 10?

• BobS
  • Veteran
The throw was lucky, but the rest of his game was way better than Alex Smith usually plays. Alex is horrible, time to move on, even if Troy isn't the answer it is time for a change.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
so crabtree's TD was lucky too? that 1 yard run in lucky too? 196 yards of pure luck? his entire performance is being judge by 1 play .....

The TD pass to Crabtree was super easy because the DB didn't have his head in the play. As for running the ball into the endzone, Alex has done that plenty as well. It will be interesting to see who Mike Singletary decides to start. I am sick over the fact that he has not been fired yet. Did anyone see how hard he tried to make us lose yesterday?
You know the "it" the "spark" that Alex's detractors say is missing in Alex's game? Troy has a little "spark" he has got some "it" and I liked the way he looked out there, so yea, until he screws up, he has already shown me more that ALex. We know what we have with Alex let's see where Troy can take us!
i don't think troy is the long term answer

but he looked way more poised than alex ever has
It's not that people love Troy Smith. Most fans just would rather see anyone new get a chance instead of seeing more of the same with Alex Smith.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Nov 1, 2010 at 1:55 PM ]
The only short qb that was ever any good was Warren Moon.
If our pass protection was good I'd say Alex was our best option.... But it's not so keep Troy in. He can make more plays on his feet when the line collapses.
YES. Not because T.Smith is the GOAT, but because we know A.Smith is the SUXORZ
Troy just seems a lot more comfortable than Alex. Even watching his post game press conference. He's just got that confident QB vibe in him that I think Alex is missing. I do think they need to open the playbook up a little more because you can tell they were trying to have him throw as little as possible. That way you can judge better on his performance

Originally posted by rapid4:

Not even -- Moon is listed at 6'3". T. Smith is listed at 6 even.
Truth be told, troy smith looked like crap through three quarters. I think he had 67 yards of passing through the third.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
IBTL
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Truth be told, troy smith looked like crap through three quarters. I think he had 67 yards of passing through the third.

hard to pass on run plays
  • BobS
  • Veteran

Not even -- Moon is listed at 6'3". T. Smith is listed at 6 even.

What about 5'9" Doug Flutie?
Share 49ersWebzone