There are 177 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
The problem with Troy, is that you know the coaching staff is going to tell him he should be passing the ball deep, and that he should be throwing to his check down or throwing it out of bounds when he rolls to his right.

Yeah, his roll right and throw-away was pitiful today. He was hitting guys between the numbers and moving the chains when he had an entire sideline open for the throw-away pass. Disgraceful!
lol its een 1 game against a crappy bronco team when they have no film of troy smith lets wait and see
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
The better Smith... Troy of course!
I can't imagine any reason to start Alex Smith. He is who he is. He's ok. That's it.

Let's see what we have in Troy. Maybe we wont have to draft a QB.

Watching his interview right now, the guy is a leader! He just has an aura of confidence. I dont know if he is the future, but it's worth a shot. He's already proven he can win.
As soon as we can Singletary, we'll start rolling. And either Smith is fine!
Troy Smith FTW!!!!
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
The problem with Troy, is that you know the coaching staff is going to tell him he should be passing the ball deep, and that he should be throwing to his check down or throwing it out of bounds when he rolls to his right.

Yeah, his roll right and throw-away was pitiful today. He was hitting guys between the numbers and moving the chains when he had an entire sideline open for the throw-away pass. Disgraceful!


LOL.....
Originally posted by BleedRandG:
Troy Smith FTW!!!!

If Alex is close to 100%, I start him, but I won't be upset if Troy starts. He did enough today.., had overall good protection and a little luck on his side. I was proud of him and he helped us win the game. So whatever they decide, it's good to know that Troy can come in and do enough to be considered a starting option at this time.
That deep pass to Walker was lucky (and awesome) but I was also really impressed with T. Smith's accuracy on most of his short and intermediate throws. Throw in his ability to improvise and make plays with his legs and he's an exciting guy to watch.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
The problem with Troy, is that you know the coaching staff is going to tell him he should be passing the ball deep, and that he should be throwing to his check down or throwing it out of bounds when he rolls to his right.

Yeah, his roll right and throw-away was pitiful today. He was hitting guys between the numbers and moving the chains when he had an entire sideline open for the throw-away pass. Disgraceful!


LOL.....

I know.

There was tons of room on the sidelines to throw the ball out of bounds.

Our men on the sidelines are not getting the work that they normally get when Alex Smith is playing.
We're 2-6 you play the hot hand. Denver's D is atrocious so I'm not jumping on the Troy Trolley or saying see, see what happens when Alex gets hurt we win.

But when you're desperate that's essentially what you have to do. Sorry Alex we won with Troy we keep playing with Troy.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
If Alex is close to 100%, I start him, but I won't be upset if Troy starts. He did enough today.., had overall good protection and a little luck on his side. I was proud of him and he helped us win the game. So whatever they decide, it's good to know that Troy can come in and do enough to be considered a starting option at this time.
conclusion: at least troy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>carr
Originally posted by tjd808185:
We're 2-6 you play the hot hand. Denver's D is atrocious so I'm not jumping on the Troy Trolley or saying see, see what happens when Alex gets hurt we win.
their front 7 might be crap but i wouldn't say that about bailey and dawkins.
[ Edited by communist on Oct 31, 2010 at 2:00 PM ]
At this point it doesn't really matter. Let's see what T. Smith can do for a few weeks.
I'd rather go with the men from Troy than hear more Alexcuses.