LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

would you rather the niners stay in SF under same management

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
If the 49ers moved to LA, I would cease to be a 49ers fan and would mourn the loss of my team.

Yup. Life has sent me to just about every crappy place you can imagine. During all my travels there are two pillars that I can count on, the San Francisco Giants and the San Francisco Forty-Niners.

I've learned to realize that the rest of the world is relative: SF sports are not.
I farted and it made me barf.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
If the 49ers moved to LA, I would cease to be a 49ers fan and would mourn the loss of my team.

Yup. Life has sent me to just about every crappy place you can imagine. During all my travels there are two pillars that I can count on, the San Francisco Giants and the San Francisco Forty-Niners.

I've learned to realize that the rest of the world is relative: SF sports are not.

The San Francisco Giants were once the New York Giants. So why can't the San Francisco 49ers become the Los Angeles 49ers?
Yes. Jedi York will get it right eventually.
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't care that much where they are. But they will NEVER win with the Yorks. I can tell you that much.

^this^
Originally posted by area49:

The San Francisco Giants were once the New York Giants. So why can't the San Francisco 49ers become the Los Angeles 49ers?

Because we don't want them to go to s**tty Los Angeles, and we would not root for a team from Los Angeles. /END THREAD.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
and be horrible forever or have them be bought by magic johnson and moved to LA? this could easily happen. it looks like everytime we are close to building a stadium in SF, for some reason it gets postponed and im not sure if you guys have heard, but magic johnson is looking to bring a team to LA.

so my question is, would you rather the niners stay in SF and horrible or move to LA and build another dynasty?

We're a competent coaching staff and a QB away from being a playoff team. That can be fixed in one off-season.

And you really think that Magic Johnson is going to run an elite football team? He could be just as bad or worse than the Yorks.
I'd rather have the Yorks start to lose money and decide to dump the team back off to Eddie DeBartolo. That has just as much of a chance of happening as Magic Johnson buying the team and moving it to LA.

But but but dood!!!!11 Then Kim Kardashian could give Patrick Willis some STDs, and Jack Nicholson would be at teh games! Because obviously having an old famous actor makes your team better! Oh and don't forget that they could get a lot of bandwagon fans, who know nothing about football, but think they're really cool because they follow a team from LA! Yes that would be so AWESOME!
"New City..... SAME OLE SORRY ASS NINERS."

fck that keep the team in SF.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
What on earth is going on in California? Twenty years ago, when I left the state, the North hated the South and vice versa. Everyone was happy in their mutual loathing and it was a great thing for California sports.

This talk of moving the team south, by NorCal fans, no less, is dumbfounding. Has the Bay Area become so flaccid and wishy-washy that it can't agree to hate LA? Even just a little bit?

Hate LA, uhh newsflash the sacremento kings were buried almost a decade ago by the lakers, we dont even consider it a rilvary anymore, no one hates the golden state warriors because theyre from nor cal, thats stupid. Excuse me if I dont wanna run up to sf so i can shell out $1800 a month for a 500 sq foot apartment on a 45degree angle hill (no offense to sf, its a very nice place, one of my favorite places. and if i could afford to live comortably there i probably would. But LA hate for no reason is uneccessary, ok if your a giants fan and u hate the dodgers, fine, but all I know is I hear california support coming from dodgers fans who would rather see the cali team bring it home)

Well said. The NorCal insecurity and are their imagined "rivalries with SoCal are tiresome to hear about.

When I'm in LA, for instance, I never hear anyone there hating on NorCal or SF. They make vacation plans to go there and rave about how much they love it.

Plenty of LA fans root for NFL teams in the North (Raiders and the Niners), and no one hates the freakin' Warriors. They only smirk at the Kings.

I'm 5th generation bay area and I went to college in LA. I know and like both areas a lot.

But I hate the hell out of all LA sports teams because the NorCal, SoCal rivalry is as good as any regional rivalry in sports. And yeah, even though I'm a warriors fan, I rooted like hell for the kings over the lakers. That was when I was living in LA and everyone with their damn laker flags on their escalades drove me nuts!

I hope the Rams move back to LA so I can hate them as much as I used to.
And I hope all the Dodgers fans are hating watching the Giants in the world series as much as I hated watching the Dodgers when they were there.

You don't have to hate LA to hate their sports teams. And you don't have think that because people up here hate the teams down there we all hate LA in general.

[ Edited by WillistheWall on Oct 30, 2010 at 12:46 AM ]

and be horrible forever or have them be bought by magic johnson and moved to LA? this could easily happen. it looks like everytime we are close to building a stadium in SF, for some reason it gets postponed and im not sure if you guys have heard, but magic johnson is looking to bring a team to LA.

so my question is, would you rather the niners stay in SF and horrible or move to LA and build another dynasty?

if Magic Johnson bought this team and moved them to LA, i would no longer be a Niner fan. theyd be dead to me. the second the "SF" logo dies, the entire team dies. ask the fans in Cleveland if they follow the Ravens.
Originally posted by Niners99:

if Magic Johnson bought this team and moved them to LA, i would no longer be a Niner fan. theyd be dead to me. the second the "SF" logo dies, the entire team dies. ask the fans in Cleveland if they follow the Ravens.

maybe, maybe not.

but the Ravens have a statue of Johnny Unitas in front of their stadium . Still a lot of love for the Colts in Baltimore.

WTF... Are you serious? Wait (silent pause) I being punked huh... Aston you b*****d I know you are here... Where are the cameras?

I would rather the Niners lose than move to Smog heaven... I bleed red and gold for my SF Niners!!!
  • ACUK
  • Veteran
I live in the UK so it would not effect me much where they were based, but they since I started supporting them in the early 80's they have been in SF and I don't agree with teams moving, I think they should stay in the SF area.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
LA can't support a football team...and especially a team that's losing. I mean, our team has played like s**t for last 8 years and not one black-out. Not a lot of cities can continue to support a team year after year like that. Niners are special to the bay area and any owner will have to be a total moron to move this team.
Share 49ersWebzone